Author Topic: DVHL Club Player Retention  (Read 6963 times)

Description:

DVHL Club Player Retention
Topic: June 12, 2018, 10:56:47 AM
Can update when all clubs release their rosters...Don't have Squirt-to-PW retention

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #1:
 June 12, 2018, 03:31:13 PM
Is this some sort of stat from Pointstreak?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #2:
 June 12, 2018, 04:16:44 PM
I'm trying to understand this, what does rank have to do with player retention. To be honest what is the rank signifying, their place in the standings? Where is this data coming from?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #3:
 June 12, 2018, 04:29:54 PM
Rank is where that club's retention is relative to other clubs.  A rank of 1 indicates its retention is the best for that age group; it has the highest player retention.  Comes from several years of pointstreak data.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #4:
 June 12, 2018, 07:01:29 PM
Can’t wait to see the stats for the Quakers this year with most of their players jumping ship to Team Philadelphia, and then to see how many come back after seeing what a s#it show Team Philadelphia is going to be this year.  Hope all those Squirt parents are ready to drive out to Long Island every other weekend for the EJ games.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #5:
 June 12, 2018, 08:10:14 PM
Do parents whose kids have played DVHL their entire lives have any idea what they're getting into when they play an EJEPL schedule? I really don't think they do, I'd be interested in knowing how the JRF sold this to the families transitioning to Team Phila.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #6:
 June 13, 2018, 05:37:31 AM
Combination of fear and false promises.

EJEPL has the club’s that are registered for next season up on their website.  Interested parties can see who they are playing....enjoy the drive

https://www.ejepl.net/page/show/1928740-futures
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #7:
 June 13, 2018, 08:19:31 AM
I could go on and on about the BS we were fed when our boys played independent hockey 3 years ago for Rev, "EJ is very comparable to DVHL, in fact it's better", "the driving is similar, think of playing WBS every so often, the furthest drive is about 2hrs". Every so often is a huge understatement, this is the common travel schedule practically all season. The closest we played was Toms River NJ. Our common destinations were North Jersey, ie Secaucus, Morris County and north. We played mainly out in Ramapo, Rye and as high up as Long Island NY and into Connecticut. If this is the kind of travel tier ll parents want, than this is the league for them. EJ is a meaningless tournament showcase league that provides nothing to any club below tier 1 AAA. Coaches, recruiters and scouts DO NOT attend tier ll events.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #8:
 June 13, 2018, 09:38:20 AM
My son will play team philadelphia pwa national this season. We did stay but it's mainly because of the relative proximity to our home and we'd have to stupid to pass up the cut in tuition. We were told this is only a minor inconvenience for the first season. Getting in first they are automatically given seniority for each of the future seasons they play for the club. We will be in the DVHL in 2019 and everyone I've spoken to is fine with one season of a little extra travel.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #9:
 June 15, 2018, 06:02:53 PM
This is the oddest thing I've ever seen posted. You have no idea if it is actual retention without looking who was, for example, an Ice Dog 2 years ago to now. All you are doing in comparing total number of rostered kids. Retention means you continue to hold something. Just say you have 2 Bantam teams totalling 40 players(2 full squads, 4 lines of O, 6 D and 2 goalies on each).  Now at Midget, you still have 2 teams, but a total of 38 players. According to your math, that's 95%. Well, what if 10 of those bantams left and you picked up 8 new players. Your retention is really 75%.
I don't get what this even proves. There is so much change at Midget. Kids stop playing club and only play school. There are a few programs who recruit at 16 for Nationals(Ducks, Ice Dogs, Quakers, Warwick) which cause a lot of movement.
I don't see a correlation between retention and winning.

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: