Author Topic: Quakers Hockey News  (Read 7029 times)

Description:
Quakers Hockey News
Topic: May 16, 2018, 11:26:46 AM
Preamble....

For those of whom do not know, the Quakers hockey club has experienced a bit of hard luck over the last year. Due to inability to re-structure their lease/contract with Ice Line, the club chose to move out and look elsewhere to call their home rink. A facility was acquired and a complete overhaul was necessary to remodel and bring up to current standards.

Current Situation....
With that being said, recently funding had been withdrawn and Quakers ownership looked to acquire more backers. According to their website they have posted a "Breaking News" notice advising the following, they have acquired the funding necessary to complete the job @ Westtown rink, assumed completion is labor day and a public statement is to follow from the Quakers club shortly.

[attachment[/attachment]
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quake79

Reply #1:
 May 16, 2018, 11:48:59 AM
I can't say that I didn't tell you so because I did. Last week I said in the Jr Flyers post the principle funder was the problem. They always had a backup plan.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #2:
 May 16, 2018, 12:50:00 PM
I can't say that I didn't tell you so because I did. Last week I said in the Jr Flyers post the proprietary funder was the problem. They always had a backup plan.

I saw similar comments posted on a facebook group. A couple people familiar with what is going on with the Quakers mentioned other parties interested in becoming part of the new rink funding project.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #3:
 June 14, 2018, 01:49:19 PM
Has construction at the new Westtown rink started yet.  Last I saw they were looking to be up and running around labor day - that’s like 90 days from now.  They may not need to  do any work on the outside structure of the building, but there is a lot of internal walls, plumbing, electricity and installing the ice system that will need to be done, along with all of the other necessary inspections, permits, whatnot - any updates on the site?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #4:
 June 14, 2018, 05:18:24 PM
All of the permits and licensing were approved in April. It was a hockey rink before it was a gym.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Quakers Hockey - Mites Registration

Started by RESLBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 0
Views: 5003
Last post August 13, 2018, 12:19:15 PM
by RESL
Quakers Ice Hockey Westtown Rink Update