Author Topic: What happened to PHC?  (Read 16848 times)

Description:

Reply #10:
 October 05, 2023, 04:39:57 PM
Definitely agree. But the original posted does have a point. For the teams you mention, they lost a lot of top talent after last year. This is after they were a destination for the years before that. They would be getting other rink's top talent

No matter what his exact situation is (kid got cut, rival team or just doesnt like them), his point is valid.

If there was a coaching change on one of those teams you mention, would the same # of players still have left?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #11:
 October 05, 2023, 05:02:24 PM
I know 2 kids who left PHC for other rinks and I know 2 Kids who joined PHC from other rinks. All 4 of the families said it was time to move on, get different coaching and leave an environment they were no longer happy with. Remember a lot of the PHC kids have been with the same coach since Venom at age 6 or 7. 5-6 years with the same voice in your ear is a lot and as the kids get older, they start tuning out the coach. Sometimes it is just better to move on to another team/coach. This is not to say PHC does not have its faults. Now, once you start adding new players it takes time to jell as a team. PHC may struggle this year, but if they keep the teams together, next year they will be better. We are entering October, so by February, who knows what teams will get better, what teams drop off and who will be best. What does it matter who is ranked high at 9,10, 11 or 12. None of this matters until these kids hit 15 or 16 and by then the best players usually move out of Tier 1 into Juniors. Plus once puberty hits some of the AA kids get better, some of the AAA kids can't keep up and 75% of kids quit hockey once checking starts. Who knows what will happen. Get a grip dude!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest15147,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #12:
 October 10, 2023, 11:58:21 AM
Well sure looks like PHC teams are doing ok in the AYHL. Struggling a little on national stage, but that is to be expected. Some teams that were top 10 last year struggling too. Give it a rest with the PHC bashing. None of this means anything until puberty. Stop the jealous hate!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest12908,
Members reacted dislike:
Guest13240,Guest19629,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #13:
 October 10, 2023, 12:45:12 PM
the only people who care about that rink are the people who already there , id say that goes for every rink across the board , but they definitely claim to be elite and the national stage is where it would count if you really are elite , a few teams come to mind when people think of elite and none of them are from New Jersey
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest19498,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #14:
 November 06, 2023, 09:11:32 PM
The 09 team had 5 kids leave for prep schools in NY and RI. Assume the person who posted this doesn’t understand the dynamics hockey past squirt. You have 50% of kids in HS and 50% late birth year kids still in 8th grade. Enjoy your mite/pee wee years as you clearly don’t know how it works once HS hits and HS and Academies show up.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #15:
 November 13, 2023, 09:40:10 AM
The 09 team had 5 kids leave for prep schools in NY and RI. Assume the person who posted this doesn’t understand the dynamics hockey past squirt. You have 50% of kids in HS and 50% late birth year kids still in 8th grade. Enjoy your mite/pee wee years as you clearly don’t know how it works once HS hits and HS and Academies show up.

I am not the original poster, can you fill us in a bit on that dynamic after peewee...
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #16:
 November 13, 2023, 11:18:45 AM
For high school, some players choose to go the route of a hockey academy and forego club hockey. Schools like Shattuck, Mount Saint Charles, Bishop Kearney, etc are hockey academies. They practice daily and their curriculum is scheduled around hockey activities. It is more hockey-intense than club hockey and 2-3 day a week practices. The kids who are accepted into hockey academies likely have D1 and/or NHL dreams. They are talented players.

disclosure: I have no experience with hockey academies and my kid is not good enough to go. I don't know a ton about this, but I know enough about this path to know that kids pursuing hockey academies are at the top of their game.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest16864,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #17:
 November 14, 2023, 02:43:47 PM
Who cares? Everyone loves to bash PHC. My kid plays for another AAA team, so I could bash them, but PHC is a good program. So are other AAA teams. It is not all about winning and losing. It is about development. If kids are getting better and learning to play hockey the right way, then the AAA program did their job. Stop bashing. I have never seen anything like ice hockey for bashing other programs. Maybe soccer comes close, but only a few programs bash others. In ice hockey every rink bashes each other. Ice Hockey is a bizarre sport with crazy parents!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest13845,Guest10662,Guest15674,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

What happened to Jr. B hockey in Atlantic District?

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 6
Views: 6446
Last post August 18, 2020, 05:43:29 AM
by Guest
what happened to Flyers elite u18?

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 3
Views: 6297
Last post October 03, 2021, 11:10:17 AM
by Guest