Author Topic: lv phantoms going back to tier 1?  (Read 23885 times)

Description:

Reply #50:
 March 28, 2020, 02:49:37 PM
They played all the AY orgs that had AAU full ice teams over the last few seasons with lots of success. (I know they played squirt teams as well and won big.)This is the first season their 11s played against other 11s. The prior season they only played against 10s and did very well. Their AAU team played some pretty prominent orgs this season (Jr Sabres, Victory Honda, Buffalo Regals, etc.) and made it to the finals or won just about every tournament. They have been playing full ice for two years. I would think they will be able to draw some other good players into the program. They have a strong core with a couple of kids making Pre-Brick. Things change a lot over time and I agree the rankings dont mean much at this age other than helping you find quality opponents. Not sure if they will be anything like VFM 10. VFM 10 is special but they should be one of the top teams in the area unless some other org recruits a bunch of top players. (NJ Colonials will be good as well.) VFM 10 does have two 10 players who played a majority of their career with LVP. I dont put too much stock into wins and losses at this age but the point is they will be able to hold their own. Its all about development. Through others I have talked to I have heard they have gotten invites to other big tournaments for their age group for next season.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #51:
 March 28, 2020, 03:55:43 PM
Looking at the tier 1 list, pretty soon there will be more tier 1 organizations than tier 2.

Just call everyone AAA. Have upper national, lower national, upper american, lower american, and AAA prospects.

Rinks get $$$ parents get letters. Everyone happy.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest12115,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #52:
 March 28, 2020, 04:04:52 PM
LOL your right. Thats my point. You can give people whatever letters you want. Back in the day there was AA,A,B Now its AAA, American, National, etc.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest15939,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #53:
 March 29, 2020, 12:37:00 AM
I wish people would wake up honestly at this lvl it's all about learning so what makes a good player a good player at mites/squirts.... 80% skateing, 5% shooting, 5% passing, 10% stick handling.
Any good coach can tell you these but most won't because parents don't want to hear that. I laugh when they ask me to help their kid work on their shot. Wait till they have to learn the 1-2-2, Over load, 1-3-1, Breakout plays, most parents dont have a clue. Sorry for my rant. But Competition you mean kids that can skate just as good as your kids because that's all that is at this lvl. If I come back on here and see another post about this 11's team knowing system then I'll be coming out to scout them. As for the Brick haha that's just for fun and for parents that can afford them trips. It means nothing. Make District goto Quebec. Make team USA.  Go represent our country..Now that's something. Till then let them learn, live, love and cherish. The game we all love.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest11909,Guest14805,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #54:
 March 29, 2020, 05:31:59 PM
I agree that the LVP 11s are still a work in progress but my son’s Mite A half ice and full ice teams played them three times total this last season and they were far and away the best Mite team in the area. Better than Mercer, Rev, Night Kings, Venom, etc. Only team that gave them a game last season was NY Titans 11s I believe. They are well coached, disciplined and aggressive. I’d like to see how they do against better competition though.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #55:
 January 14, 2021, 01:02:16 PM
anyone see the AYHL 2011 rankings?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest13099,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #56:
 January 15, 2021, 09:39:53 AM
Their 2011 team is VERY good. They play well together and roll 3 solid lines. The Phantoms have built a nice program in LV. No, I am not a LVP parent.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #57:
 January 16, 2021, 12:59:57 AM
great to see hockey in Lehigh Valley improving, reduces travel for parents that previously would travel to VFMM, JR Fly, NJC, good for youth hockey overall in Atlantic District
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest12067,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #58:
 February 01, 2021, 08:42:13 AM
How many AAA teams for Lehigh Valley next year?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #59:
 February 01, 2021, 02:00:02 PM
Their 2011 will stay AAA for sure. They may have another one. Very hard to tell in this environment. Interesting to see how the season as a whole plays out. Been a wacky one that is for sure.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Steel Ice Center: Lehigh Valley Phantoms Development Camp

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard Clinics, Camps, Tryouts, Tourneys etc.

Replies: 0
Views: 6176
Last post May 11, 2018, 08:49:44 AM
by Youth Hockey Info
Hollydell 2018 tier 1 status? Is this happening?

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Views: 8490
Last post May 14, 2018, 09:09:33 AM
by Youth Hockey Info
Humboldt Broncos Brayden Camrud back on the ice

Views: 4948
Last post June 07, 2018, 07:45:54 AM
by Youth Hockey Info
Educate me on Tier 1 Programs

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 5
Views: 6956
Last post November 21, 2018, 07:46:23 AM
by Guest
Tier 1 vs Tier ll Hockey A to Z - More Bang For the Buck?

Replies: 19
Views: 35512
Last post June 29, 2020, 08:41:10 AM
by Guest