Poll

Is the AHF meeting its advertised standards?

Author Topic: POLL: AHF Alternate Showcase League Failing Or Winning?  (Read 10001 times)

Description:

Reply #10:
 October 15, 2021, 04:55:34 PM
The AHF would be a better league if it offered more competitive matchups. Playing a team outside of your usual territory can be cool, but not if the score is lopsided. Isn't it better to play a bunch of competitive games, whether from within your territory or from outside?

Since the AHF schedules its two showcases early, they could wait until after the second showcase to assign the home-and-away games (at least for the squirts, peewees, and bantams), grouping the teams by their ratios of goals-for to goals-against.

By the end of the second showcase, if a team outscores their opponents by 3-1, allow them to move up (or if they are outscored 1-3 allow them to move down). And if a team outscores their opponents by 6-1, require them to move up (or if they are outscored 1-6 require them to move down).
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted heartreaction:
Guest13710,

Reply #11:
 October 18, 2021, 02:10:06 PM
The AHF is a direct result of the NJYHL's downfalls.  Look how the NJ has changed in the past few years....we now have OT (instead of just ties)....we have a preseason now at the 12U levels....hopefully this prevents the gross sandbagging going on in the past years.   The NJ has alot of prove and change and the AHF is knocking at the door to take over.

I have to say the level of competition got better at the second showcase for the 16Us and I can see the level of competition at the 12U has been adjusted accordingly.   I think this is an advantage the AHF has over the NJ....NJ can't or won't adjust a division once the season starts so if you have a team that is absolutely kicking the crap outta everyone in the first 5 games...just give them the trophy then....

I think the AHF needs to remove the 5 goal running clock rule and just go with the 10 goal mercy rule and just end it.   No reason to see the scores we are seeing because goal differential is being tracked.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest10416,Guest12257,Guest19229,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #12:
 October 23, 2021, 05:35:53 AM
The AHF should have some sort of pre season period to vet the teams and properly place them. Too many lopsided games and teams that are mislabeled. The EJ had same problems. The NJYHL just had a 6 game preseason at pee wee level and dropped 6 teams from AA to A. Now the remaining 12 teams will be more evenly matched hence no more blow outs.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest12108,Guest13518,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #13:
 November 01, 2021, 09:09:13 AM
scorekeeping for AHL on the iPad is much better than DVHL scoresheets
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest13994,Guest15211,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #14:
 November 03, 2021, 12:29:49 AM
Let's compare to DVHL scores. Take Peewee A National...17 games this season so far where the winning club put up double digits. There was actually a kid make the AA roster on my son's squad, then get released to go play Blazers 12u A National where he puts up 39 points in 8 games. Look at those scores (88 goals in 8 games?!) and tell me that's not some serious sandbagging. Sure, the DVHL has rules about that kind of thing...right?

I think you will see the AHF respond to score differential better than their competition.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest15609,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #15:
 November 03, 2021, 09:49:34 AM
The years of the DVHL not policing their own league and allowing clubs to place teams essentially where they want has frustrated many and now a reason for competition to exploit.  Yes, they have a formula to bar teams from playoffs if they petition down.  The formula does not do what the intent is and clearly demonstrates the DVHL doesn't understand the root of the problem.  DVHL leadership acted forever as if there was no competition.  What a enormous failure.

The DVHL has a real opportunity here.  They can sell lower costs, less travel for their league, still have direct path to district and nationals.  I have zero confidence the dinosaurs that run the league will change anything; and, the shame of it all is, higher costs for kids to play the game.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest11794,Guest12479,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

POLL: Youth Hockey Brawl Leads To League Wide Reporting System

Started by NewsalertsBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 4
Views: 4335
Last post December 02, 2021, 03:25:41 PM
by Guest
POLL: Royals and Genesis Hockey Club Debate