Author Topic: How are tryouts?  (Read 10688 times)

Description:

hockeydad321

Reply #10:
 April 18, 2023, 12:24:03 PM
It is a fact 8 left before tryouts for the 2011's

1-Mercer
2-Little Flyers
1- JR Flyers
2- NJ Titans
1- Mid-Fairfield
1-Woodbrige

There's your proof.

Thanks for the update. Looked at Jr Flyers website (only program to post 23-24 rosters) and you are correct, 1 player did go on 2011 team. 2 players from 2012 PHC also jumped to 2012 Jr Flyers. How many others left 2012 team? Seems all the kids that live outside of SJ moved to teams closer to home. I guess PHC is not as good as they say! I said all along it was Guy that built the Venom, Beach took the credit and then screwed Guy by jumping to Hollydell, knowing Guy would/could never go back. Guess this is coming to fruition the longer they stay with Beach/PHC.

It could also be since PHC moves coaches with players, kids have nothing left to learn or the coaching get tired. They then move to other rinks for a new coach/voice. Not sure moving the coaches with the teams each year is a good idea. Also since Venom/PHC continue to run systems in a game that has become free flowing and systemless, kids want to actually learn how to play hockey!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #11:
 April 18, 2023, 01:08:57 PM
Yes, PHC12's i think lost 6 kids. 2 went to JRF, 1 to MM, 2 to the Titans, 1 dropped back to play 2013's. But they lost their best talent.

I am pretty sure some moved closer to home but most of the kids just went to put themselves in a better situation with more opportunities and better coaching. I think all the families on the 11's realized Beach wasn't the coach that was expected and more of a "DAD" coach. He won't be coaching PHC next season but it is to late them kids they lost won't go back. I bet Guy is laughing because it is all blowing up in Beach's face.

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #12:
 April 18, 2023, 02:06:12 PM
who did phc get as new players, to replace those that left?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #13:
 April 19, 2023, 10:21:47 AM
With all the post of teams looking for players and parents posting they are looking for a team it should be easy to find somewhere to play. What it comes down to is does your player really want to play or not? 6yrs ago when my kid got cut it wasn't this easy to find a team. He was offered a taxi/practice spot at his old club. The taxi/practice spot would have got him to all team practices(4) and 3 nonleague games(6) for each team at his age level for half tuition cost. I did whatever I could to find my kid a place to play because he wanted to play, not practice.  I messaged  roughly 6 clubs within a hour 30min drive from our house, ended up driving about a hour 20min to the new club. I also question a club that would want a taxi/practice player to take ice time away from players that are getting ready for upcoming games. His old club called up a few yrs later for him to return but he is happy with his current club and wouldn't change a thing.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #14:
 April 19, 2023, 12:41:49 PM
Heard Igloo Jags 12U, 14U & 18U a mess. Not enough talent for AA as too much talent moved on to Hollydell, Mercer, NE Skate Zone, Pennsauken and 18U talent graduated. Kids that left for other rinks moved for better coaching. Igloo trying with VW, but too little too late.

AHF Parity- Jags 11UAA playing 12U A2 & 12UA playing 12UA1. Heard BF wanted 2 PeeWee A teams with 1 listed as 11UAA even though they will both play A level teams. If Jags puts their 11UAA teams in the 11UAA division, they probably wouldn't win a game! Sad a once proud rink lost all their PeeWee talent to Voorhees, Hollydell and Flyers Elite. Jags 12U players can shoot & pass, but the Igloo skating program is lacking. This is why players left and the ones that stayed go to Pennsauken for power skating and private sessions.  I hope the Jags succeed, but think it will be a tough year!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #15:
 April 30, 2023, 11:18:09 AM
Haven't been on in awhile.  I can never find this site for some reason.  Feels like PHC hate?  I believe I heard many of these younger kids left for prep or hockey schools?  Isn't that the goal for many to move onto better programs?  I also heard many teams fell apart at many other clubs due to coaching like Mercer and Igloo.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #16:
 May 01, 2023, 08:49:29 AM
With all the post of teams looking for players and parents posting they are looking for a team it should be easy to find somewhere to play. What it comes down to is does your player really want to play or not? 6yrs ago when my kid got cut it wasn't this easy to find a team. He was offered a taxi/practice spot at his old club. The taxi/practice spot would have got him to all team practices(4) and 3 nonleague games(6) for each team at his age level for half tuition cost. I did whatever I could to find my kid a place to play because he wanted to play, not practice.  I messaged  roughly 6 clubs within a hour 30min drive from our house, ended up driving about a hour 20min to the new club. I also question a club that would want a taxi/practice player to take ice time away from players that are getting ready for upcoming games. His old club called up a few yrs later for him to return but he is happy with his current club and wouldn't change a thing.
My sons former teammate told me his team has a taxi goalie this year. How stupid is this? Starting goalies will now sit around and watch an emergency goalie that will see no games take time away from them in practice. I know the former teammate is a gamer and has only missed 3 or so games in the 7yrs my son played with him. With all those teams that were looking it's 1 of 2 things. The kid really doesn't want to play or the parents don't want to drive an extra 15-20 min to another rink. I know the taxi goalie and his parents and I think it is more of the 1st thing rather than the 2nd. The club cut him for a reason.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

hockeydad321

Reply #17:
 May 01, 2023, 05:44:48 PM
Haven't been on in awhile.  I can never find this site for some reason.  Feels like PHC hate?  I believe I heard many of these younger kids left for prep or hockey schools?  Isn't that the goal for many to move onto better programs?  I also heard many teams fell apart at many other clubs due to coaching like Mercer and Igloo.

PHC hate is due to PHC superior attitude. This is also reflected in some Hurricane teams. Igloo really fell apart at 12U & 10U due to coaches leaving for FE and taking best players with them. Other players left for other rinks once these coaches left.  I heard 1 Mercer team fell apart as coach left. JR Flyers had turnover at 10U Major and so did Little Flyers because of coaching. Lots of moving this year due to coaches leaving. I think too many rinks think coaches are a dime a dozen. Igloo is a perfect example. They lost best 12U & 10U AA players and now play A at both ages. This is not the way to build a program. AHF A level (due to pure AA teams) is a joke this year. The parity play was slower than last season and so was AA. Putting pure AA teams together and not mixed age AA teams lowers the competition level. You now have AA pure teams with kids that should not be playing AA and look ok due to watered down talent.  You need them now due to lack of players. This was a bad move by BB putting in AA pure teams. Put this on top of 75% of AAA teams being basically AA talent and you get a very low level of play. Hockey in the Mid-Atlantic is being ruined by the greed of rink owners, especially BB and the AHF! This is why best AAA teams travel to get better competition because the Delaware Valley does not have a too few player issue, they have a too many teams & rink issue!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest11775,Guest19033,Guest17227,
Members reacted dislike:
Guest19462,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #18:
 May 02, 2023, 01:42:36 PM
for the team with the taxi goalie... what age and level is the team? how big of a gap in goalie talent between the two? how much does each goalie pay?

i think its a joke that rinks will charge goalies full price to share a crease (even in non taxi situations)
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #19:
 May 03, 2023, 10:23:03 AM
for the team with the taxi goalie... what age and level is the team? how big of a gap in goalie talent between the two? how much does each goalie pay?

i think its a joke that rinks will charge goalies full price to share a crease (even in non taxi situations)
I will not give age, it's an A team. I know people from the club come on here and I don't want my sons ex teammate to feel heat for venting to us. The gap in talent is big. The taxi goalie is a B goalie at best. My sons ex teammate is a solid A and held his own at AA when called to fill in and the other goalie on the team is a good A goalie. I know all 3 of the goalies from the years of playing at the same club and in scholastic. The club gives all goalies around a $200 discount. Because of bad decisions like this a couple of us left the other year.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

2018 North Penn Ice Hockey High School Tryouts

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard Knights Archives

Replies: 0
Views: 3764
Last post August 14, 2018, 08:16:41 AM
by Youth Hockey Info
PHILADELPHIA LITTLE FLYERS '07 PW MAJOR TRYOUTS - 2019-2020 SEASON

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 5
Views: 7571
Last post March 19, 2019, 11:36:53 PM
by Guest
TRYOUTS! It's that time of year again....

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 2
Views: 5746
Last post March 12, 2019, 03:48:38 PM
by Guest
Push back Tryouts due to Covid-19

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 30
Views: 12058
Last post April 21, 2020, 10:22:15 PM
by Guest
Tryouts