Author Topic: How are tryouts?  (Read 10858 times)

Description:

Reply #20:
 May 04, 2023, 07:03:39 AM
for the team with the taxi goalie... what age and level is the team? how big of a gap in goalie talent between the two? how much does each goalie pay?

i think its a joke that rinks will charge goalies full price to share a crease (even in non taxi situations)
I will not give age but it is an A team. I know people from the club come on this site and don't want my sons ex teammate to feel heat for venting to us. The gap is big. The taxi goalie is a low to mid B at best. The ex teammate is a solid A that held his own when he was called to fill in at AA. The other goalie on the team is a good A goalie. I know all 3 of the goalies from playing yrs at the same club and in scholastic. The club gives a goalie discount of around $200, not sure if taxi got a bigger one. He was cut for a reason, they are a decent family but at some point skill needs to matter. Things like this is why my son and a couple others left the club a couple yrs ago. I know for a fact better goalies than him have been cut in the past without the same taxi offer.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #21:
 May 05, 2023, 11:55:17 AM
If the taxi goalie isnt playing any games, I dont see it as big of a deal.

The only real value goalies get in practice is when a goalie coach is there, or when they are doing legit scrimmages.

Otherwise the goalie is just target practice for breakaways or drills where there is no defense. Often a waste of time and where bad habits get picked up. The main goalie gets someone to give them a breather, and someone to talk to that understands what they do.

Will the other goalie go to games and just sit as backup? I can see here and there, but that's a lot to have the kid just sit
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest16441,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #22:
 May 05, 2023, 04:59:42 PM
The taxi goalie can go to games and sit in the stands. He can only be on the bench if one of the other 2 goalies isn't there. Our team has a former college goalie as one of the assistants. So far our practices have been high tempo with a lot of shots and half the practice is scrimmage. Every drill has had defense involvement. 3 on 2 or 2 on 1, no breakaways without defense yet.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #23:
 May 07, 2023, 08:27:15 PM
The taxi goalie can go to games and sit in the stands. He can only be on the bench if one of the other 2 goalies isn't there. Our team has a former college goalie as one of the assistants. So far our practices have been high tempo with a lot of shots and half the practice is scrimmage. Every drill has had defense involvement. 3 on 2 or 2 on 1, no breakaways without defense yet.
I should have added the reason I know this is I'm pretty sure they are talking about my son's team. My son is a skater on the team. If the ex teammate that left is who I think it is we miss Lo and Ri
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted heartreaction:
Guest12900,

Reply #24:
 May 11, 2023, 07:37:30 AM
You sure you aren't the father of the one goalie and not the father of an ex teammate. This response sounds like it came from someone in the know.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #25:
 May 11, 2023, 07:40:43 PM
You sure you aren't the father of the one goalie and not the father of an ex teammate. This response sounds like it came from someone in the know.
I'm pretty sure they were talking about my son's team. My son is a skater on a team with a taxi goalie and I posted what I know about his team. The taxi goalie affects the whole team. They don't take him serious and screw around when he's in net.   
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #26:
 May 12, 2023, 12:47:44 PM
Sorry for questioning your post, for some reason your add on post wasn't there when I had made my post. Shame on your coach for not making the team take the goalie serious. He will not improve if the team doesn't help him get better. A team is only as strong as it's weakest link and it takes a team to make the weakest link stronger.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #27:
 May 13, 2023, 11:48:38 AM
The coach was not asked and didn't want the 3rd goalie, the club just did it. The taxi goalie has been in travel for 3-4 yrs and scholastic before that. Plus his parents have spent a lot of money on clinics and private coaching for him to be sub par. I really don't think the players taking it serious and lightning him up will help him improve. He was cut and should have left it at that. The powers at be didn't add him to their team as a taxi, wonder why?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest12162,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #28:
 May 15, 2023, 06:55:58 AM
I should have added the reason I know this is I'm pretty sure they are talking about my son's team. My son is a skater on the team. If the ex teammate that left is who I think it is we miss Lo and Ri
The boys miss their former teammates and I miss most of the parents😂. We do not miss the organization at all.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest18673,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #29:
 May 18, 2023, 12:13:38 PM
Let the taxi goalie's parents know if he really wanted to play teams are still looking. They are harder to find then they were 3-4 weeks ago but some openings are there. Although, it sounds to me like the goalie really doesn't want to play and wants to just give the image that he does or he'd already be on a team not watching another.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest16830,Guest12588,Guest11312,
Members reacted dislike:
Guest16326,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

2018 North Penn Ice Hockey High School Tryouts

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard Knights Archives

Replies: 0
Views: 3827
Last post August 14, 2018, 08:16:41 AM
by Youth Hockey Info
PHILADELPHIA LITTLE FLYERS '07 PW MAJOR TRYOUTS - 2019-2020 SEASON

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 5
Views: 7765
Last post March 19, 2019, 11:36:53 PM
by Guest
TRYOUTS! It's that time of year again....

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 2
Views: 5874
Last post March 12, 2019, 03:48:38 PM
by Guest
Push back Tryouts due to Covid-19

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 30
Views: 12175
Last post April 21, 2020, 10:22:15 PM
by Guest
Tryouts