Author Topic: 22-23 Tier 1 Rosters  (Read 20809 times)

Description:

Reply #10:
 April 14, 2022, 02:22:40 PM
T1 tryouts have been done for a week.  How can it be that only one team has released their roster?  Do they not want to release them for competitive reasons?

Well, there really isn't anything that says you have to. I mean the kids that are on the team already know so why do they need to put it on their website?
Some clubs never post them and the only place you can find them is on the league site.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest12003,Guest10409,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #11:
 April 15, 2022, 02:42:55 PM
Yes, they don't have to post them but the question is why don't they?  Are they not proud of the rosters they assembled?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest11142,Guest13584,
Members reacted angry1:
Guest10282,
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #12:
 April 18, 2022, 02:08:00 PM
Most rinks are not proud of their Pee Wee and Squirt Tier 1 rosters. Only about 5 rinks in SJ & SE PA should be playing Tier 1 and the other rinks know this. They sucker parents into thinking the kids are Tier 1 when they are maybe A in most cases. AA parents keep kids at AA because competition (besides top 5 AAA teams) is just as good as Tier 1. I know a 2012 kid on 21-22 Tier 1 Squirt that tried out for AA and did not make team. He is now A and not A National/Gold, but team will be A American/Silver. AA team is filled with 2013's and this mighty 2012 AAA, former Venom, got cut! Delusional father! Maybe he should teach his son to skate rather than have him play 90+ games each year!
Yes rinks are embarrassed of AAA rosters!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest16600,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #13:
 April 19, 2022, 04:51:20 PM
Yes, they don't have to post them but the question is why don't they?  Are they not proud of the rosters they assembled?

Why don't they? Maybe to keep you on your toes so that you constantly refresh their website and then coming here to whine about it.  They're trolling you, bro! Hahaha

Seriously, who cares. If your kid is on the team, you know. If your kid isn't on the team, you also know.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest13161,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #14:
 April 19, 2022, 05:41:25 PM
Yeah, but I still like to see who’s still drinking the Kool-Aid.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #15:
 April 19, 2022, 11:21:30 PM
Most rinks are not proud of their Pee Wee and Squirt Tier 1 rosters. Only about 5 rinks in SJ & SE PA should be playing Tier 1 and the other rinks know this. They sucker parents into thinking the kids are Tier 1 when they are maybe A in most cases. AA parents keep kids at AA because competition (besides top 5 AAA teams) is just as good as Tier 1. I know a 2012 kid on 21-22 Tier 1 Squirt that tried out for AA and did not make team. He is now A and not A National/Gold, but team will be A American/Silver. AA team is filled with 2013's and this mighty 2012 AAA, former Venom, got cut! Delusional father! Maybe he should teach his son to skate rather than have him play 90+ games each year!

Again, here we go with that AAA vs AA comparison. The bottom line is that there are definitely too many AAA teams diluting the talent pool but to say that at PW and SQ level AA is just as competitive as AAA is suspect. Are there SOME AA programs that can hold their own and win against AAA teams? Sure. Sq AA York comes to mind. But usually the situation is similar to PW AA Haverford. Good team. Beats AAA 10s but lost every game against AAA 09s. When good AA teams, made up of mostly kids in the higher birth year,  play kids a year younger or very bad AAA teams they can and do win. But against kids their own age at the AAA level , most often they lose.  The vast majority of Venom 2012 are playing and succeeding at the AAA level, despite what happened to ONE kid. Most rinks I think are just lazy about posting rosters along with other info about the teams. MM and Rev websites are terrible in terms of information.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #16:
 April 21, 2022, 03:00:53 PM
Does anybody know Team Maryland's roster(s)?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #17:
 April 21, 2022, 05:10:00 PM

Again, here we go with that AAA vs AA comparison. The bottom line is that there are definitely too many AAA teams diluting the talent pool but to say that at PW and SQ level AA is just as competitive as AAA is suspect. Are there SOME AA programs that can hold their own and win against AAA teams? Sure. Sq AA York comes to mind. But usually the situation is similar to PW AA Haverford. Good team. Beats AAA 10s but lost every game against AAA 09s. When good AA teams, made up of mostly kids in the higher birth year,  play kids a year younger or very bad AAA teams they can and do win. But against kids their own age at the AAA level , most often they lose.  The vast majority of Venom 2012 are playing and succeeding at the AAA level, despite what happened to ONE kid. Most rinks I think are just lazy about posting rosters along with other info about the teams. MM and Rev websites are terrible in terms of information.

Again I can't wait until 2012 & 2011 former Venom kids quit hockey at 14 or 15 due to burnout. Also can't wait to see how the kids who stick with it react when AA or A kids they know get as good as them when they are 14 or 15. AAA, AA, A, B- nothing matters before 14 or 15 and in some instances 16 age. Puberty is the great equalizer. Will some AAA still be the best? Sure. But a lot of the Tier II kids will catch up and surpass the AAA kids. With that being said, if parents want to spend AAA money then go ahead. They just need to realize the chance of their kid playing in college is maybe 3%. Of that group may 1/3 will get a scholarship. I have 2012 & 2013 kids. We start hockey in 2018. Both my kids play soccer, lacrosse, baseball and swim. Hockey is absolutely insane compared to these other sports. The insanity is 100% driven by the parents! I can pick the worst parents out by not even meeting them. Let me spend 5 minutes with the kid and I will tell you what parents are problems. It all trickles down to the kids in the end. A-hole parents have a-hole kids. AAA rosters mean nothing. Raise you kids right, give them discipline, have them respect others (coaches, players and other parents), force them to play the game the right way and things would be much better. Instead we have AAA kids that are A-holes because they are really good players. We are really messed up as a society!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #18:
 April 21, 2022, 06:21:10 PM
wonder what's worse, kids that want to play up and get better at hockey with parents willing to pay for it, or folks on this board rubbing their hands together, who "can't wait" to see which kids burn out!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #19:
 April 21, 2022, 06:30:45 PM
I think it’s more a privacy thing because they are minors. My kid played T1 all through youth… on a good team that won a couple AYHL championships and rosters were never posted publicly  on the team site. Had to have log in credentials to access your teams roster.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

2021-2022 Tier 1 Rosters

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 43
Views: 12029
Last post May 21, 2021, 02:57:42 PM
by Guest
Hollydell 2018 tier 1 status? Is this happening?

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 0
Views: 8487
Last post May 14, 2018, 09:09:33 AM
by Youth Hockey Info
Educate me on Tier 1 Programs

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 5
Views: 6953
Last post November 21, 2018, 07:46:23 AM
by Guest
Tier 1 vs Tier ll Hockey A to Z - More Bang For the Buck?

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 19
Views: 35493
Last post June 29, 2020, 08:41:10 AM
by Guest
Revolution Youth Tier II

Started by RevolutionBoard Youth Hockey Info Center

Replies: 0
Views: 9141
Last post March 06, 2019, 12:36:45 PM
by Revolution