Author Topic: Summer Plans? Hockey, hockey, more hockey and then hockey season...  (Read 7449 times)

Description:

Saw this on Twitter this morning. Found it kind of funny but at the same time crazy. I get doing a tournament here or there. Some clinics to pass time but this isn't just a little over the top, it's nuts.  :o
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #1:
 April 12, 2019, 10:32:05 AM
I'm happy for them hope they can enjoy it and do it strictly for the memories together.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #2:
 April 12, 2019, 12:54:38 PM
I wonder which NHL team his parents have picked him to play for.....
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #3:
 April 12, 2019, 01:40:20 PM
You're all idiots. Let the kids dream and give them every opportunity and experience. These are life experiences that kids will remember forever, whether or not they play hockey after 18. People who tell their kids that there's no chance to have a hockey career after youth hockey are apathetic losers. You're raising your kids to be complacent with underachieving. If winning the Powerball had the same chance as playing in the NHL, you numbskulls would be at Wawa immeadiatly.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #4:
 April 12, 2019, 02:04:37 PM
You're all idiots. Let the kids dream and give them every opportunity and experience. These are life experiences that kids will remember forever, whether or not they play hockey after 18. People who tell their kids that there's no chance to have a hockey career after youth hockey are apathetic losers. You're raising your kids to be complacent with underachieving. If winning the Powerball had the same chance as playing in the NHL, you numbskulls would be at Wawa immeadiatly.

I wonder who's dream we are really talking about here.  The dad's or the kid's?
Personally, I love it when people tell my kid that they have no chance at doing something.  I wish they would do it more often.  It's a great motivator.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #5:
 April 12, 2019, 11:02:03 PM
Had my Peewee B team meeting tonight. Told parents to hang up The skates for 3-4 weeks...  And we are practicing 2/3x month and playing Memorial Day and mid July Tournament.   No need to over do it. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #6:
 April 13, 2019, 07:55:54 AM

I wonder who's dream we are really talking about here.  The dad's or the kid's?
Personally, I love it when people tell my kid that they have no chance at doing something.  I wish they would do it more often.  It's a great motivator.

Dads.

Admittedly I was one of them. All gung ho when my boys started, screaming from the stands. Telling them how to play after games. Telling them what they need to fix and how to do it. I wanted them to be better than I was when I was a kid and go further. I think that's every parents dream, at least those who will admit it.

Long story short. Your kids make themselves, parents don't. I gave up living vicariously through them a couple years ago and accepted them for what they are, they're good hockey players and they like playing. They're not interested in all of the extras like practicing on their own in the driveway, basement or street. They aren't interested in off ice dry land or playing on spring or summer teams. They do well in school and enjoy playing with their friends. That's pretty much all we can ask for and support them.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #7:
 April 13, 2019, 11:41:19 AM
All kids are different so figure out what you are raising before your done raising them and adjust accordingly.  Do that and everyone wins.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #8:
 April 18, 2019, 11:15:38 AM
What you need to do in the summer is pay for private lessons or clinics with local coach to secure a spot on next season's teams so you don't have to go to tryouts.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Girls hockey for spring and summer tournaments

Started by JmfarrierBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 10
Views: 8831
Last post March 19, 2019, 08:36:53 PM
by Youth Hockey Info
Youth Hockey Spring/Summer Tourney Teams

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 1
Views: 6255
Last post March 17, 2019, 09:16:03 AM
by Guest
2019 Bennett Hockey Development Summer Camp

Started by GuestBoard Clinics, Camps, Tryouts, Tourneys etc.

Replies: 0
Views: 14388
Last post May 07, 2019, 11:00:20 PM
by Guest
Summer Hockey Tournaments

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 0
Views: 3311
Last post June 03, 2021, 11:21:04 AM
by Guest
Maine Timber Summer Travel Hockey Teams

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info