Author Topic: AAA Next Season  (Read 6808 times)

Description:

Reply #20:
 January 03, 2024, 11:38:34 AM
First year at aaa mite (2015) at this rink
The coaching is great plenty of ice time 3days a week power skating on Wednesday after regular practice.
Played aaa at another rink last year
Coaching was nowhere near as good.
I’d skates on Dec 29 at 10:00am check web site
😂🤣AAA Mite $$$$$$grab 🤡
not so sure id call it a money grab at least not at the program being mentioned here , it does cost more than tier2 because they are getting the extra ice time and touraments and showcase events that's where the extra cost comes in , not sure mites should be classified as AAA that's I agree with but the cost aspect of it I do understand
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #21:
 January 03, 2024, 11:42:12 AM
Little Flyers don’t have a ton of practices. I hear some practice once a week to accommodate those that travel far
I would assume if they only skate once a week the cost would be adjusted , either way one day a week is not enough that's a limited travel practice schedule
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest13311,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #22:
 January 03, 2024, 02:23:16 PM
Why would a parent want be on a team and only practice 1x a week? Why would a coach want that? What message does that send to the rest of your team if kids show up 1x a week? We have a serious issue in youth hockey if clubs, teams, parents and coaches think it’s ok to just show up occasionally. Learning the value of commitment, sacrifice and working as a team are lost in this scenario.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #23:
 January 07, 2024, 09:13:58 PM
They practice once a week, with a double ice slot, to accommodate all of the kids that travel 3+ hours…The coach only cares about winning, and his brand.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #24:
 January 10, 2024, 09:00:44 PM
This is our first year playing at AAA. THF league is basically AA hockey with a few exceptions of top teams. The coaching is significantly better than our other options and the commitment level of parents is strong. We all want to see our kids develop and improve. At the end of the day though we are paying AAA price for a AA product.
We are in South Jersey, and have multiple rinks within driving distance. If a rinks were smart they would try to copy what the Jags did with the 09 team. Bring in a solid coach, put the word out that you are putting together a winning team and run the team like a AAA squad. Multiple players would show up for tryouts. Enough with the No experience daddy coaches and the “full time staff” to coach teams!!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #25:
 January 11, 2024, 12:28:05 AM
My son is a 2011, and I have friends in almost every rink.
Flyers Elite 2011, Blazers 2012, and team Philadelphia 2012 are the only teams where  people aren’t miserable.

Don’t believe me?? Wait until you see all the movement in two months.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #26:
 January 11, 2024, 12:36:52 AM
This is our first year playing at AAA. THF league is basically AA hockey with a few exceptions of top teams. The coaching is significantly better than our other options and the commitment level of parents is strong. We all want to see our kids develop and improve. At the end of the day though we are paying AAA price for a AA product.
We are in South Jersey, and have multiple rinks within driving distance. If a rinks were smart they would try to copy what the Jags did with the 09 team. Bring in a solid coach, put the word out that you are putting together a winning team and run the team like a AAA squad. Multiple players would show up for tryouts. Enough with the No experience daddy coaches and the “full time staff” to coach teams!!

You don't pay for AAA competition. You for 3 hours of non-shared ice, 1 hour skills, 1 hour video, 1 hr professional trainer and top coaching.  At AA you share ice 2 hours, 1 skill every other week and dads doing off ice. The 6 hours is whatwhat develops kids, not 2.5 hrs. Games mean very little before 14 to 15 years of age. At 16 best players have moved to higher level than AAA. Younger ages need practice more than games. Top AA teams can compete against 80% of AAA teams, but lose out on development. The non-AAA rinks make money on AA, A and B teams, but AAA teams attract parents to lower levels by making them think their kId has shot at AAA. AA will never give you 6 hrs and prices are not that far apart. AAA is better bang for buck than AA!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest15549,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #27:
 January 11, 2024, 07:05:39 AM
Not sure I'd completely agree 100% with the bang for your buck part. Depends on the club on what you get. Our Midget A and AA gets 1.5hr shared, .5hr full ice, 5 skills sessions ran by college coaches, 1hr classroom, 1.5hr gym w/ certified trainer and off ice per week plus 10 spring/summer on ice practices for almost half the tuition fees for the closest AAA which would also add another 20min travel time each way. Every level below that gets about the same minus the half hour full ice (2hrs shared), only 1hr of gym w/ trainer and the 5 skills for peewee B and below are ran by the Midget coaches.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #28:
 January 11, 2024, 10:09:55 AM
My son is a 2011, and I have friends in almost every rink.
Flyers Elite 2011, Blazers 2012, and team Philadelphia 2012 are the only teams where  people aren’t miserable.

Don’t believe me?? Wait until you see all the movement in two months.

Can’t speak to Blazers 2012 and I agree that there are a lot of miserable kids playing on even successful teams, but I would put qualifiers on 2011 FE and Team Philly 2012. FE best player is a 2012 who won’t be able to join them at Bantam next year. Team Philly 2012 is stocked full of ex JRF and Wolverine kids that have been together for years and have a great “Daddy” coach. I love their energy and camaraderie. I’d add Revolution 2012 in there too. Small group who plays well together and are loyal to the program.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #29:
 January 11, 2024, 10:32:26 AM
agreed on last post. where is FE 2011 getting 2011 kids from, for next season? who is coaching that team next year?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

PHILADELPHIA LITTLE FLYERS '07 PW MAJOR TRYOUTS - 2019-2020 SEASON

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 5
Views: 8042
Last post March 19, 2019, 11:36:53 PM
by Guest
Split Season

Started by hockey dadBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 12
Views: 8254
Last post March 20, 2019, 10:59:52 AM
by Guest
Girls Hockey MAWHA Restrictions Pre and Post Season

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 2
Views: 10735
Last post March 20, 2019, 01:17:40 PM
by Youth Hockey Info
Summer Plans? Hockey, hockey, more hockey and then hockey season...

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 8
Views: 7627
Last post April 18, 2019, 11:15:38 AM
by Guest
Youth Hockey Memes: When it's baseball season....

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard Youth Hockey Memes

Replies: 0
Views: 15901
Last post May 19, 2019, 08:30:37 AM
by Youth Hockey Info