Author Topic: AAA Next Season  (Read 6793 times)

Description:

Reply #30:
 January 11, 2024, 02:03:25 PM
Don't be surprised to see a AA team move over to FE to fill the 2011 spot, with a solid coach coming with it.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest16255,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #31:
 January 11, 2024, 02:28:18 PM
My son is a 2011, and I have friends in almost every rink.
Flyers Elite 2011, Blazers 2012, and team Philadelphia 2012 are the only teams where  people aren’t miserable.

Don’t believe me?? Wait until you see all the movement in two months.

Can’t speak to Blazers 2012 and I agree that there are a lot of miserable kids playing on even successful teams, but I would put qualifiers on 2011 FE and Team Philly 2012. FE best player is a 2012 who won’t be able to join them at Bantam next year. Team Philly 2012 is stocked full of ex JRF and Wolverine kids that have been together for years and have a great “Daddy” coach. I love their energy and camaraderie. I’d add Revolution 2012 in there too. Small group who plays well together and are loyal to the program.

By “Daddy” Coach and “ex JRF/Wolverine” it’s safe to assume you’re talking about the Team Philly 2012 AA team. They are a fun bunch to watch.
There are more 2011 FE than 2012. A post further back said FE needed to do more to attract kids and their parents $$. Absolutely true.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #32:
 January 11, 2024, 04:32:53 PM
My son is a 2011, and I have friends in almost every rink.
Flyers Elite 2011, Blazers 2012, and team Philadelphia 2012 are the only teams where  people aren’t miserable.

Don’t believe me?? Wait until you see all the movement in two months.

Can’t speak to Blazers 2012 and I agree that there are a lot of miserable kids playing on even successful teams, but I would put qualifiers on 2011 FE and Team Philly 2012. FE best player is a 2012 who won’t be able to join them at Bantam next year. Team Philly 2012 is stocked full of ex JRF and Wolverine kids that have been together for years and have a great “Daddy” coach. I love their energy and camaraderie. I’d add Revolution 2012 in there too. Small group who plays well together and are loyal to the program.

By “Daddy” Coach and “ex JRF/Wolverine” it’s safe to assume you’re talking about the Team Philly 2012 AA team. They are a fun bunch to watch.
There are more 2011 FE than 2012. A post further back said FE needed to do more to attract kids and their parents $$. Absolutely true. there is always a lot of movement every season with all the new black bear rinks and the addition of THF and now everyone having "pure teams" this will will yield even more due to the further watering down of it all , I would say most of the teams that have been together for a while will most likely stay together until midget year everyone looking for a new team this season will certainly be able to find a good fit , good fit being the key word then maybe people won't have such an extensive jersey collection
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #33:
 January 11, 2024, 08:42:07 PM
Don't be surprised to see a AA team move over to FE to fill the 2011 spot, with a solid coach coming with it.

Coach is set. If 2011 AA team comes over, coach will be assistant. 2012 and 2013 team need 8 to 9 players each. 2011 needs about 6 players. Not sure where they will get all these players. Flyers Youth? Revolution AA? Holydell AA? Snyder? Grundy? There are too many rinks and not enough players. FE may be looking at mixed teams again next season. Not ideal to building a winning program! Squirt level looks ok, but they are losing best 2015's to PHC. FE needs to advertise like crazy, but they are terrible at social media! 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #34:
 January 12, 2024, 09:10:28 AM

Coach is set. If 2011 AA team comes over, coach will be assistant. 2012 and 2013 team need 8 to 9 players each. 2011 needs about 6 players. Not sure where they will get all these players. Flyers Youth? Revolution AA? Holydell AA? Snyder? Grundy? There are too many rinks and not enough players. FE may be looking at mixed teams again next season. Not ideal to building a winning program! Squirt level looks ok, but they are losing best 2015's to PHC. FE needs to advertise like crazy, but they are terrible at social media! 

Who is the coach? Have you seen the records of the Hollydell and Flyers Youth 12U AA teams? If Flyers Elite is really serious about getting a AAA team at the 2011 age group, you need players from those teams
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #35:
 January 12, 2024, 10:09:33 AM

Who is the coach? Have you seen the records of the Hollydell and Flyers Youth 12U AA teams? If Flyers Elite is really serious about getting a AAA team at the 2011 age group, you need players from those teams
by this time of the year coaches are set , I highly doubt FE cares what Hollydell or flyers youth are doing just the same as those two rinks could care less what FE is doing , if your on a team and you are happy there then Stay there if you are not then go and check out rinks and or coaches for yourself , talk to the coaches and or hockey directors and ask what is the focus at what ever rink you are asking about is it there record? or how many practice slots? etc.. if people did that instead of asking for opinions on a forum that's know for not much else than bashing anyone and everyone then maybe they would find programs that fit what they are a good fit for the players and all involved
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest12859,
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted friendly:
Guest18872,
Members reacted heartreaction:
Guest12741,

Reply #36:
 January 12, 2024, 10:41:00 AM
Rumor is all girls on AA 2012 Hollydell team are goung Jr. Flyers all girl team next season. 3 girls ate really good so that is an issue. Also 2012 Flyers Youth has played no one and has maybe 5 2011 that can play AAA. 1 is coaches son and he is not going to FE. Playing AA at bantam is a waste if you are looking to play college. FE will get players. Coach is same as this year. He is coaching 2011 and 2012
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest14774,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #37:
 January 12, 2024, 10:45:45 AM
 by this time of the year coaches are set , I highly doubt FE cares what Hollydell or flyers youth are doing just the same as those two rinks could care less what FE is doing , if your on a team and you are happy there then Stay there if you are not then go and check out rinks and or coaches for yourself , talk to the coaches and or hockey directors and ask what is the focus at what ever rink you are asking about is it there record? or how many practice slots? etc.. if people did that instead of asking for opinions on a forum that's know for not much else than bashing anyone and everyone then maybe they would find programs that fit what they are a good fit for the players and all involved
[/quote]

You totally missed my point. Those 2 teams have AAA caliber players. FE needs AAA caliber players. Those are rinks very close to FE.

FE has tried to field birth year teams for several years now, and has struggled. Maybe they will do it this year. But they need to do a better job of recruiting local kids
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest12982,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #38:
 January 12, 2024, 11:17:18 AM

You totally missed my point. Those 2 teams have AAA caliber players. FE needs AAA caliber players. Those are rinks very close to FE.

FE has tried to field birth year teams for several years now, and has struggled. Maybe they will do it this year. But they need to do a better job of recruiting local kids
[/quote]

You make a valid point especially at the 2012 birth year. There is virtually no available slot on 2012 PHC for a talented Hollydell kid. They might as well go down the street to FE if they want to play AAA next year. Everyone is questioning if BB and FE is doing enough to attract kids to program. They probably aren’t and they aren’t the only ones. Revolution and Mercer both suffer from a lack of exposure and all of them need players. The THC is weaker at lower ages than AY and they need to find a way to alleviate the competitive imbalance or the best kids will gravitate to AY.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest18752,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #39:
 January 12, 2024, 02:40:36 PM
BB, FE, Mercer and Revolution have all done a terrible job of letting parents know they have room on their 2011 and below teams. My family had no idea FE was even having Sq and PW teams for 2023-24. By the time we found out we had signed a contract for AA at another rink. What fool is running their social media and advertising? I know the coaches for next years teams and they are really good coaches. Parents of Hollydell kids do not want to leave because most of them live 15 minutes from the rink. They have some good players that would make FE better. FY has a coach that only focuses on his sons and ML runs a terrible program. Half the kids on FY can barely skate. FY 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014 should be moving as fast as possible for FE, but a lot of the parents like the safe bubble of playing crappy competition in NJ, DV and EJ!

FE is a great opportunity for kids at Bantam Minor, PW, and SQ. Also the Pilots are a great progam for Mites. We played them when my kid was a mite and I could not believe how great they skated! Both my sons will be trying out for FE come March.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest18951,Guest12784,Guest15828,
Members reacted dislike:
Guest15545,
No reactions
Members reacted friendly:
Guest12521,
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

PHILADELPHIA LITTLE FLYERS '07 PW MAJOR TRYOUTS - 2019-2020 SEASON

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 5
Views: 8010
Last post March 19, 2019, 11:36:53 PM
by Guest
Split Season

Started by hockey dadBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 12
Views: 8235
Last post March 20, 2019, 10:59:52 AM
by Guest
Girls Hockey MAWHA Restrictions Pre and Post Season

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 2
Views: 10541
Last post March 20, 2019, 01:17:40 PM
by Youth Hockey Info
Summer Plans? Hockey, hockey, more hockey and then hockey season...

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 8
Views: 7619
Last post April 18, 2019, 11:15:38 AM
by Guest
Youth Hockey Memes: When it's baseball season....

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard Youth Hockey Memes

Replies: 0
Views: 15681
Last post May 19, 2019, 08:30:37 AM
by Youth Hockey Info