Author Topic: AAA Next Season  (Read 8814 times)

Description:

Reply #60:
 January 16, 2024, 04:05:43 PM
My goalie is an AA 2011 and he has been playing some AAA games and is loving the competition and wants to try out for an AAA just because he likes the faster play. What AAA clubs around would need 2011 goalies but have great goalie programming and coaching?

Where do you live (or generally live)? That will help get you a good answer

We are in South Jersey/Cherry Hill area
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #61:
 January 16, 2024, 05:38:11 PM
Funny, FE emailed pricing today. 2011 is $6950, competitors were below $6000 for Peewee Major this season. So you’re paying $1000 more for a coach with absolutely no background in the sport other than watching Guy run power skates and a team that is 7-33 and lost 20 straight.

It isn’t development over wins. The wins aren’t happening no matter what philosophy the staff has.

Why would a player leave a tier 2 team that is stronger based on all of this?

Yup, and they must forget that many of the same 2011 kids that they kind of need now, are well aware of what happened to the 2011 team that was thrown together right after the Venom left

Team Information - MYHockey

Full disclosure: I am a parent with a son playing for a non-FE team this year, is looking to tryout for FE and my kid has taken private lessons/power skating with the 2011 coach. I have followed the 2011 team closely because of my sons desire to play for them next year.

That 2011 team from the 2021-22 season was put together by another hockey director and some of the best players who made that team chose not to join. If those players joined that 21-22 FE team, they would have been way better. Also I can't comment on next years prices, but I was told the prices listed are not what was paid this year. On average the prices paid this season were $1850 less than what is posted. 

This years 2011 team was put together with players from 6 different teams, mixed age (2011/2012) and has had a tough year. The coach is excellent  and your comment about "watching Guy run power skates" is just idiotic.  Do your homework on someone before you disparage them. Winning is not the most important thing when you are rebuilding a program. Player improvement is the most important thing. Every player on the 2011 has markedly improved and are much more prepared to play Tier 1 next season. It was a big jump for all of these kids and every team they played, with the exception of about 6 teams, are just better teams. Not more talented, but just better teams that have been playing together for 2+ years.

Your question about why a kid would leave a Tier 2 program that is stronger is valid. At the H08 Spring ID skates I spoke with multiple parents at 2011, 2012 and 2013 ages. The answer to your question was two fold. First parent said their kids wanted to see how they stack up against Tier 1 competition and FE is one of maybe 2 Tier 1 teams that has openings. Second they had multiple complaints about their current rinks. The most common complaints:

- Their kids are not getting better
- The coaches worry about their own kids more than the other players on the team
- The hockey/program directors do not listen to their complaints and they treat the parents like they are a nuisance rather than a paying customer.
- They do not feel like they are getting what they paid for. After spending money on private lessons, power skates and off ice training, they think Tier 1 offers a better bargain. (The parents may reconsider this complaint due to BB prices for next season. I know I am.)

This question "Why would a player leave a tier 2 team that is stronger based on all of this?" is why I suspect the person who wrote the above post is a coach or hockey director from another rink. I suspect Flyers Youth or Hollydell as both have AA teams ranked above 2011 FE and multiple players from each rinks 2011, 2012 & 2013 AA teams were at the ID skates. I think you are very worried about losing your players to FE. I also think that before you bash FE & their coach you need to look at your own coaches and get your own houses in order.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest10415,Guest12855,Guest17850,Guest18289,Guest10822,Guest13995,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted heartreaction:
Guest10050,Guest19887,Guest15233,Guest14967,

Reply #62:
 January 17, 2024, 10:01:42 AM
"a coach with absolutely no background in the sport other than watching Guy run power skates"

I did not say this in these boards, but have heard the same general comment about this coach from several people over the years

My kid has never played for this coach, I do not know him at all

But almost everyone has a very strong opinion of him (positive and negative). When someone has such polar opposite opinions about them, I would think that would impact the recruiting aspect.

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #63:
 January 17, 2024, 10:39:34 AM
I do privates with this coach, and play elsewhere. And having done privates with practically everyone in south Jersey and eastern Pa, I  can honestly say I haven’t seen anyone better. He’s more dedicated to coaching and to kids than anyone else I’ve been to. He’s on the ice more than anyone I know. And I’m always seeing different drills at privates. He grew up playing hockey and does a much better job  than I’ve seen from anyone else. Which is why I make the ride to Pennsauken

I know he originally came from Hollydell, so consider the source.  The people in that rink are the worst. And it’s been that way since the 90’s.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest15816,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #64:
 January 17, 2024, 12:35:33 PM
I do privates with this coach, and play elsewhere. And having done privates with practically everyone in south Jersey and eastern Pa, I  can honestly say I haven’t seen anyone better. He’s more dedicated to coaching and to kids than anyone else I’ve been to. He’s on the ice more than anyone I know. And I’m always seeing different drills at privates. He grew up playing hockey and does a much better job  than I’ve seen from anyone else. Which is why I make the ride to Pennsauken

I know he originally came from Hollydell, so consider the source.  The people in that rink are the worst. And it’s been that way since the 90’s.
people have strong opinions , negative and positive about every other coach in the area that coach at Aston , Hollydell, FY, MM,JF, and so on , so basically go where ever you feel is best suited for you and your family , getting opinions on  forum like this will get you nothing but standing still, if you know any families that are on a current team you are looking to potentially join the best thing you can do is ask them how they feel and what is their experience so far , that's at any organization at any level house travel etc..
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest15162,Guest13557,Guest11325,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #65:
 January 17, 2024, 04:41:49 PM
"people have strong opinions , negative and positive about every other coach in the area that coach at Aston , Hollydell, FY, MM,JF, and so on , so basically go where ever you feel is best suited for you and your family , getting opinions on  forum like this will get you nothing but standing still, if you know any families that are on a current team you are looking to potentially join the best thing you can do is ask them how they feel and what is their experience so far , that's at any organization at any level house travel etc.."

Could not agree more with above statement. I have a kid that plays for this coach and my kid loves him. My kid will not play for another coach. Now not all people feel the same way. I know families/players that have left this coach and the team was better off that they left. Some of the families that left are causing issues on their new teams as well!. The best advice that can be given is do your own homework, reach out to the coach, maybe do a private lesson or clinic with him, talk to parents on the team and decide for yourself.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest10158,Guest16845,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #66:
 January 18, 2024, 12:24:25 PM
Funny, FE emailed pricing today. 2011 is $6950, competitors were below $6000 for Peewee Major this season. So you’re paying $1000 more for a coach with absolutely no background in the sport other than watching Guy run power skates and a team that is 7-33 and lost 20 straight.

It isn’t development over wins. The wins aren’t happening no matter what philosophy the staff has.

Why would a player leave a tier 2 team that is stronger based on all of this?

Pricing posted by rinks mean nothing. My 3 kids all played hockey, with my youngest moving to PW next season. I never paid list. That is like walking into a car dealer and accepting the price the dealer presents. Hockey Directors are under pressure to fill teams or ice slots remain empty. Negotiate and if rink won't drop price, be prepared to walk away. Tier 1 has tryouts before Tier 2 for a reason. Use this leverage to get a lower price.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #67:
 January 18, 2024, 02:12:56 PM
The issue here is it isn’t AAA. They are not only behind Hollydell and Flyers Youth but also 4 other AA teams in the Atlantic District. I’m not blaming kids, parents or the coach. The organization and district are to blame for not putting the brakes on teams that don’t belong at the AAA level. I’m sure you’ll field a team i just have an overall issue with the amount of tier 1 charters in this area and how it has ruined AAA and AA hockey.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest13026,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #68:
 January 18, 2024, 03:07:20 PM
The issue here is it isn’t AAA. They are not only behind Hollydell and Flyers Youth but also 4 other AA teams in the Atlantic District. I’m not blaming kids, parents or the coach. The organization and district are to blame for not putting the brakes on teams that don’t belong at the AAA level. I’m sure you’ll field a team i just have an overall issue with the amount of tier 1 charters in this area and how it has ruined AAA and AA hockey.

The District agrees with you. The below resolution will most likely limit the # of AAA teams for the 2025 season. If AAA teams are eliminated, it will create stronger play at all levels. This started before BB came around, but they have made it worse!

AAHA Tier I Youth and Girls Corporate Resolution
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest12425,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #69:
 January 18, 2024, 04:07:24 PM

The District agrees with you. The below resolution will most likely limit the # of AAA teams for the 2025 season. If AAA teams are eliminated, it will create stronger play at all levels. This started before BB came around, but they have made it worse!

AAHA Tier I Youth and Girls Corporate Resolution

And BOOM goes the dynamite!

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

PHILADELPHIA LITTLE FLYERS '07 PW MAJOR TRYOUTS - 2019-2020 SEASON

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 5
Views: 8889
Last post March 19, 2019, 11:36:53 PM
by Guest
Split Season

Started by hockey dadBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 12
Views: 8760
Last post March 20, 2019, 10:59:52 AM
by Guest
Girls Hockey MAWHA Restrictions Pre and Post Season

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 2
Views: 16681
Last post March 20, 2019, 01:17:40 PM
by Youth Hockey Info
Summer Plans? Hockey, hockey, more hockey and then hockey season...

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 8
Views: 7885
Last post April 18, 2019, 11:15:38 AM
by Guest
Youth Hockey Memes: When it's baseball season....

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard Youth Hockey Memes

Replies: 0
Views: 23150
Last post May 19, 2019, 08:30:37 AM
by Youth Hockey Info