Author Topic: 2022-23 South Jersey Squirt  (Read 5060 times)

Description:

2022-23 South Jersey Squirt
Topic: February 15, 2022, 05:28:44 PM
What rinks in South Jersey do people recommend? Family moving to Marlton 1st week March. Son 2012- played Squirt A this year. Looking for Squirt AA or A again next season. Was told Hollydel best, Igloo and Voorhees ok, Pennsaucken only AAA. Only looking about 30 minutes max from Marlton.  Any help is appreciated.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #1:
 February 15, 2022, 09:50:18 PM
Vorheese has a really good squirt team this year
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest11563,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #2:
 February 15, 2022, 10:31:29 PM
I'd stay away from Jags, unless you want your kid to never touch the puck. Dad coaches that only care about their kids. Can't win playing mite hockey on squirt and peewee level. Parents on that team are equally delusional to think he's developing their future superstars.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #3:
 February 16, 2022, 09:33:49 AM
I'd stay away from Jags, unless you want your kid to never touch the puck. Dad coaches that only care about their kids. Can't win playing mite hockey on squirt and peewee level. Parents on that team are equally delusional to think he's developing their future superstars.

Who is the "he"you are referring to at Igloo? I spoke with Igloo, so help is appreciated.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #4:
 February 16, 2022, 10:38:37 AM
from what I have seen on the forums on topics like this you are not going to get a accurate response to many people on here with an axe to grind or  rinks using this site to promote there rinks acting as a parent , if you are reaching out to the rinks you are interested in that's going to be your best bet talk to the directors if you have the time go to the rinks and watch a practice and try and see if any of the programs fit what you are looking that's going to be the best way to make a choice based on reality that's my advise
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest11517,Guest18362,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #5:
 February 16, 2022, 11:51:08 AM
from what I have seen on the forums on topics like this you are not going to get a accurate response to many people on here with an axe to grind or  rinks using this site to promote there rinks acting as a parent , if you are reaching out to the rinks you are interested in that's going to be your best bet talk to the directors if you have the time go to the rinks and watch a practice and try and see if any of the programs fit what you are looking that's going to be the best way to make a choice based on reality that's my advise

Best advice yet. Problem with the Igloo team the poster disparaged is they have multiple kids playing Squirt that are 1st or 2nd year players. Some still have issues skating and can't keep up. The coaches kid does pass when paired with players that can keep up. Practices are all about passing, zone exits/coverage and compete drills. My child has improved so much under this coach. Night and day since April 2021! It is not Mite hockey as he describes. Response probably came from Holydell. They are still pissed the coach took his kid and left. His kid was probably top 3 2012 at Holydell. Coach wanted no part of Holydell. After playing multiple games at Holydell this year I understand coaches reasons for leaving. Nice rink but too much backstabbing. Holydell teams are are set year to year and it is hard to crack the "hand picked" teams. Voorhees teams good, but you have to be in the "in crowd" to get the hockey director to notice. Igloo while not the best right now, is on the rise. Lots of good players moving over next year. Will be fun rivaly with Holydell, but Voorhees not playing in AHF. Not sure what league they will play in. Good luck!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #6:
 February 24, 2022, 05:49:29 PM
Mite Advanced team this past season have been playing in AAA full ice tournaments and AA half ice tournaments. They look to be pretty good as squirts.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #7:
 February 25, 2022, 12:40:51 PM
Mite Advanced team this past season have been playing in AAA full ice tournaments and AA half ice tournaments. They look to be pretty good as squirts.

If you are referring to Igloo Mites, they are in A not AA or AAA. In AHF full ice A they got killed. 1-2 players low Squirt A next year, the rest B. This means nothing though as they are young. Will get better if they keep playing. This is why levels at young age mean nothing. Practice & good coaching are most important. Won;t be able to tell if player is good until age 14-16.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest19728,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #8:
 February 28, 2022, 06:35:06 AM
I was referring to the Mite Advanced team in Voorhees actually. But thanks for the insight.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #9:
 February 28, 2022, 11:58:57 AM
I was referring to the Mite Advanced team in Voorhees actually. But thanks for the insight.

The Voorhees Mite team playing full ice is an all-star team form multiple rinks playing under Mighty Mites name. They get kids from 1494's, Valley Forge and other rinks play on this team, while kids from Flyers Youth have been left off roster!, even thought they paid money. JH (coach) really screwed some kids on the Flyers youth Mite A team! JH younger kid moving to Squirt, but the Flyers Youth Squirt B team not that great this year. Not sure how food Flyers Youth A team will be next year. Definitely not as good as this years A team. Also, one kid from the mite team moving to Igloo. Voorhees losing good players due to JH's running of the program. A bunch of kids left last year and went to Pennsauken and Igloo. Those kids now moving to Igloo and not even thinking of coming back to Voorhees due to JH. BC and his social skills was so much better as hockey manager. Don't get me wrong, JH is a great coach but ignores only the best players!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest15338,Guest12420,Guest18975,Guest10709,Guest14797,Guest17626,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

FLYERS CUP - Council Rock South Golden Hawks vs Pennridge Rams Mar 22, 2022

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard South Eastern PA High School Hockey Classics

Replies: 0
Views: 5516
Last post March 23, 2022, 07:21:55 AM
by Youth Hockey Info
2021-2022 Tier 1 Rosters