Author Topic: COVID19 AAHA - Important hockey family survey  (Read 17829 times)

Description:

Reply #10:
 April 23, 2020, 03:14:18 PM
Response to Reply#7

Good point, how are clubs going to handle any possible recurrence that shuts a team(s) or facility(ies) down.  The ripple effect could cause a team’s season to collapse, which then affects remaining teams.  Clubs should have a plan in place prior to collecting money and parents should be fully informed what to expect if their child’s season is shortened.  Will the club prorate a refund, what will the prorated structure be should a player or team or club be shutdown.  Or will no refund be made once season has started.  I’m not advocating for any one specifically only that it should be made clear to the families what to expect in certain events so they can make an informed decision prior to contracting with a club for the season.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #11:
 April 23, 2020, 03:18:21 PM
I'm just glad we are talking about hockey again

By the way, AAA is a JOKE. Prove me wrong.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #12:
 April 23, 2020, 03:51:24 PM
To the author of the fourth post (reply #3)....

In the US, COVID has killed 47,000 people...and growing....in roughly two months.  The Flu kills 50-60k...in five months. 
COVID has only killed 47,000 people because of the mitigation efforts put in place by the states.  Obviously the mitigation efforts for the "regular flu" aren't as severe. 

People who have COVID and don't show symptoms are threats to those who don't currently have it and don't have the ability to fight it.

You can go to the supermarket because you need food to live.  You don't need a hockey rink or any of several dozens other types of establishments to live.  Shopping for food and essentials are a necessary risk.   The stay at home orders are driving down the risk. 

Agreed...we don't truly know the scope of this outbreak and the future threats until we implement widespread testing.  We are a little bit away from that. 

It's actually dropping. And the cdc is guestimating how many deaths are actually corona virus vs flu. More people die from the flu on average every season. The projection for flu this season is way higher than covid

2019-2020 U.S. Flu Season: Preliminary Burden Estimates | CDC
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #13:
 April 23, 2020, 05:00:55 PM
Penna official covid death count drops by 201. Is anybody going to be surprised when other states follow suit PA's Official Coronavirus Death Count Drops By 201 | Patch
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #14:
 April 23, 2020, 05:13:32 PM
Again my point is not that your at the grocery store its that your out at all. Its very contagious like the flu. How do you know being out period isnt exposing you to risk? And dont tell me people are practicing social distancing at essential businesses. Half the people dont wear masks and are on top of each other. I have seen it in almost all essential businesses I have been in the past month. People want to have their cake and eat it too. Its either we all stay inside period to avoid spreading anything at all or if you let one out you let them all out and treat every viral disease the same. More people had it then they will ever know. Social distancing is not likely preventing the spread as they thought. All it did was help prevent the healthcare systems from being overdrawn. They said the recent number is likely 50 x more than whats published. That would make the fatality rate (which is inflated. Check out the CDC website) less than 1/10 of 1 percent. At what point do we stop living in fear?  Why did they not do this for other things like Swine Flu? At what point do people say enough is enough? Do we just stay in for the rest of our lives?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #15:
 April 23, 2020, 08:39:24 PM
Would you guys stop with the virus talk ..... you’re boring us.
Get to the point ......
Is it worth it to sign players now instead of waiting for tryouts just to get rink clubs money?
What’s the benefit?
Would it hurt to wait to show some fairness?

Everyone knows tryouts are looking for 3-4 players but if it wasn’t, is it fair to kids that maybe want to look elsewhere but now can’t judge the team

What does it hurt to wait? And don’t give me the lame answer of uniforms

People always say “it’s all about money”
Are we now ok with paying when it’s right in our face that it’s about the money.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #16:
 April 23, 2020, 08:48:23 PM
Every one is an expert  :-\
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #17:
 April 24, 2020, 04:50:32 AM
Would you guys stop with the virus talk ..... you’re boring us.
Get to the point ......
Is it worth it to sign players now instead of waiting for tryouts just to get rink clubs money?
What’s the benefit?
Would it hurt to wait to show some fairness?

Everyone knows tryouts are looking for 3-4 players but if it wasn’t, is it fair to kids that maybe want to look elsewhere but now can’t judge the team

What does it hurt to wait? And don’t give me the lame answer of uniforms

People always say “it’s all about money”
Are we now ok with paying when it’s right in our face that it’s about the money.

Clubs should forgo their greed and only accept rink fees to pay for ice time. If clubs are actually running as non profit they should have more than plenty of funds carried over from the previous season to give coaches their pittance. We all know thats not how the clubs handle their finances though.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #18:
 May 02, 2020, 09:52:55 AM
Require fishbowl on helmet
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #19:
 May 02, 2020, 02:38:13 PM
I hope the Atlantic District is transparent and releases the poll results.

Every parent I heard from wants evaluations and tryouts, yet it appears the atlantic district is moving forward with contracts without tryouts.

Why poll the parents if you are not going to listen to them? If you are listening to the parents please release the poll results.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: