Author Topic: Path for National bound teams playing in AHF?  (Read 24209 times)

Description:

Reply #30:
 May 27, 2022, 12:16:42 PM
no, according to their website AHF is a USAH sanctioned ELITE Tier II youth hockey league.

How does ahf define being elite and why are they capitalizing the letters for the word elite? There's no difference between the players and teams. They claim to be the best league to play for because they have the best players and teams. Nj, dv, ej are all horrible according to them but they pilfered all of their teams playing in the ahf from those leagues. What is elite about them now that wasn't before, their higher club prices? Oh I know their schedules come out in June, elite level schedules.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #31:
 May 27, 2022, 01:36:11 PM
AHF is Elite because it is not DV or NJ. Those leagues are tired and run by power hungry individuals that have no money in the game. People that just dictate to the teams and rinks what they think is best. I believe it is the NJ and DV saying bad things about AHF. AHF only defended themselves to the baseless attacks from these 2 soon to be extinct leagues.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #32:
 May 27, 2022, 08:21:40 PM
no, according to their website AHF is a USAH sanctioned ELITE Tier II youth hockey league.

How does ahf define being elite and why are they capitalizing the letters for the word elite? There's no difference between the players and teams. They claim to be the best league to play for because they have the best players and teams. Nj, dv, ej are all horrible according to them but they pilfered all of their teams playing in the ahf from those leagues. What is elite about them now that wasn't before, their higher club prices? Oh I know their schedules come out in June, elite level schedules.

"We are ELITE" because is sounds better and is easier to spell than "We are the crème de la crème".  People always forget that little accent, which would mean they are just "cream" and not "crème"
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest10120,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #33:
 May 31, 2022, 11:24:34 AM
I have noticed the AHF refs (especially during the showcases) call the game much tighter.

Could be small sample size, but the difference was noticeable.

There is no such thing as AHF vs DVHL officials.  All officials are USAH and training and certification runs through the Atlantic District.  Officials get assigned to games from regional or rink assignors.  It's possible an official will choose only to work at certain rinks that are AHF but they are able to be assigned to any league - DVHL, AHF, MAHWA etc..

What's interesting is that it looks like the AHF ran an independent and supplemental training for officials.  I'd like to hear from an official that attended that training and who ran the training.  Additional training is never a bad thing and I'm wondering if the AHF took the initiative to supplement the training for potential better officiated games and expectations from officials working AHF games.  It's a way to get an additional competitive advantage over the DVHL if the AHF is putting more time and effort into educating and training officials that work AHF games.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #34:
 May 31, 2022, 12:40:49 PM
It's a way to get an additional competitive advantage over the DVHL if the AHF is putting more time and effort into educating and training officials that work AHF games.
to your point, it's the same officials pool in the atlantic district, I'm all for additional training but the refs can do DV, NJ, and AHF games.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #35:
 May 31, 2022, 01:26:39 PM
BB & AHF are gaining power in USA Hockey. With Keith Primeau leading the way. In 2 years DV, NJ & AYHL will be gone with AHF & THF only leagues. By then BB will run the District. Hopefully it will result in less AAA teams to make things more competitive. With prices for Tier 2 at BB rinks, they do not need AAA fees to make a profit. This is bad for Tier 2 parents, but good for AAA and really good for competition & development.

The rinks are not necessarily making their money from AAA, they are making it from Tier 2.  This could be true for certain rinks but this blanket statement is just not true.  AAA get more ice and more tournaments/showcases paid for...   Tier 2 = more kids, less ice and they pay their own tournaments.  The cost is usually the same per ice minute but there are a lot more tier 2 kids and sharing ice with other teams...
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #36:
 May 31, 2022, 01:47:08 PM
Most AAA Minor & Major in age bracket have 2 shared ice sessions per week. My sons Tier 2 team gets 3 days per week with all 3 shared but they do full ice work for 2/3 practices and then split up to half ice. Also get 2 days off ice. We also get 3 showcases and 2 tournaments included in our fees. So you are wrong on multiple fronts. This is all an evil BB rink too!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #37:
 June 02, 2022, 10:14:33 AM
Most AAA Minor & Major in age bracket have 2 shared ice sessions per week. My sons Tier 2 team gets 3 days per week with all 3 shared but they do full ice work for 2/3 practices and then split up to half ice. Also get 2 days off ice. We also get 3 showcases and 2 tournaments included in our fees. So you are wrong on multiple fronts. This is all an evil BB rink too!

And my son's tier 1 team gets 2 full ice practices a week, a shared skill session, 2 nights off (or 3 if skip optional skills) and gets 8 showcases/tournaments paid for.  My point was that a blanket statement about all tier 1 or tier 2 is just not correct.  Every situation is different.  The tier 1 team cost the exact same amount as the tier 2 team he played for by ice minute.  In my experience, tier 1 costs more but you get more.  And, I am not suggesting one is better than the other - depends on the kid and the situation.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #38:
 June 03, 2022, 10:15:01 AM
This seemed to have strayed. So back to the original question, how are districts and the path to nationals going to play out with the AHF and DVHL (NJ as well)?

Any rumors? Speculation? Using the old independent model seems unrealistic because it appears the majority of AA teams (at least in PA) are in the AHF.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #39:
 June 03, 2022, 11:16:26 AM
I heard top PA ranked team out of AHF vs. DVHL winner in best of 3 at Districts for berth at Nationals.  Same thing with NJ....top NJ ranked team out of AHF vs. NJYHL winner in best of 3 for berth at Nationals.  Anyone else hear that?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: