Author Topic: First State Ice Hockey  (Read 4640 times)

Description:

Reply #10:
 January 08, 2020, 09:02:24 PM
I find it interesting that one of the people in the new organization is currently employed by the patriot center. I wonder if this is the first step in flipping that rink to a rink-owned organization. Similar to what Team Phila did to the Quakers.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #11:
 January 09, 2020, 12:40:38 PM
I find it interesting that one of the people in the new organization is currently employed by the patriot center. I wonder if this is the first step in flipping that rink to a rink-owned organization. Similar to what Team Phila did to the Quakers.

I don't know. I think the rink would have to go all-in on that decision and advertise that way. This looks like a pretty mediocre attempt at starting a new club. I don't see anything at the moment to make you want to pick them over the Ducks or JBHs.
Since some of these guys work there, maybe they know that the rink doesn't have plans to start their own club and figured they would try this?

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #12:
 January 10, 2020, 08:00:24 AM
First State Hockey is a Tinker Toy Program...  Not even going to get off the ground.  Anyone with any knowledge of the clowns involved, see right through it all.  The best thing that could happen is to not give this idea of theirs any clout and let them fade quietly into the night!

Seriously though, when the Hens and Ducks were having discussions of merging last year, that would have been the best thing for hockey in DE.  Unfortunately, the attempts made here by First State Hockey are terribly misguided and cloaked in darkness.  Had there been transparency from the start, it just may have garnered some favorable interest.  Truth be told, they basically have gone to the existing DE clubs and told them how horribly they have been operating and that these four geniuses think they should be the architects of change. 

End of the day, the DVHL is not going to award them a charter and highly doubt that the District will accept their "independent" application.  THEY HAVE NO ICE TO SKATE ON!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #13:
 January 10, 2020, 08:51:42 AM
So, how do you really feel about FSH?  Given the pathetic state of hockey in Delaware I would have thought any new initiative would be welcome. Unless, of course, you are part of the problem....
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #14:
 January 10, 2020, 11:11:29 AM
I'm thinking something more like this Philadelphia Independence. An angry group of fathers who formed their own independent club which they advertise as tier 1 level Philadelphia Independence
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #15:
 January 10, 2020, 12:05:13 PM
I'm thinking something more like this Philadelphia Independence. An angry group of fathers who formed their own independent club which they advertise as tier 1 level Philadelphia Independence

SPOT ON!!!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #16:
 January 10, 2020, 12:13:42 PM
Given how poorly run many youth hockey programs are I’m not at all surprised some parents actually took the initiative to start their own team. However, it takes years and a lot of hard work to build a successful hockey program.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: