Author Topic: Mid-Atlantic Summer Showcase  (Read 6843 times)

Description:

Mid-Atlantic Summer Showcase
Topic: August 19, 2020, 08:41:59 AM
This tournament starts in less then 10 days and the website shows that it's still on.  Does anyone know is that is correct?  I heard its cancelled and if so, when the heck were they going to announce it?  There are dozens and dozens of out-of-town teams paid and have hotels booked!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #1:
 August 19, 2020, 08:53:44 AM
They will be announcing this Fri if it’s canceled or not
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #2:
 August 19, 2020, 09:06:34 AM
The first weekend was cancelled. We have been told we will hear by this Friday if the second weekend is a go.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #3:
 August 19, 2020, 09:20:14 AM
Are we able to get the tournament fees back because the team hasn't answered us? We are calling the hotel later to find out about getting our money back.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #4:
 August 19, 2020, 09:33:30 AM
I know the DVHL/Atlantic District/rink owners had a call last week to discuss the 25 person rule. I believe the idea was to come up with some kind of petition to the state to increase the limit to 50 so they can hold games. I guess they were hoping to get something from the state this week, but highly doubt that will happen that quickly. The DVHL has already pushed the season start date back to October in hopes to get this rule changed.

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #5:
 August 19, 2020, 09:36:38 AM
Are we able to get the tournament fees back because the team hasn't answered us? We are calling the hotel later to find out about getting our money back.

Your coach/manager should have gotten email last week regarding this. Fees will be refunded once a decision has been made.

All payments for teams that were slated to play in the first weekend  (Aug 21-23) will be 100% refunded – no questions asked. Please allow 7-14 days for this process. Payments will be refunded in the order that they were received. The same option will be in place for teams participating in the second weekend (Aug 28-30) if a cancellation is implemented.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #6:
 August 19, 2020, 09:52:11 AM
Reply #4 Hatfield has been pretty strict so far and I know I read somewhere that the state said their 25 person limit is firm and nothing will change that.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #7:
 August 19, 2020, 10:43:47 AM
So just don't have games at Hatfield, there are 2 other rinks involved, correct?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #8:
 August 19, 2020, 11:07:30 AM
The issue is that if they are unable to strictly keep the local or state rules, USA hockey won’t sanction them.  Without sanctioning they need about 100k to insure the event.

It’s very difficult to be the folks who are responsible for the safety and legal stuff for all of these events, clubs, rinks.  Even if there were no restrictions in place, the contingency planning is a nightmare.  You don’t want one of your refs getting sick.  There is already a huge ref shortage and some of the refs are reluctant to come back. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #9:
 August 19, 2020, 11:42:32 AM
Have there been any refs sick? My son has been playing baseball all summer and nobody has been sick. The only news story we have seen about hockey is the kid in NY who was confirmed and some of his teammates which nobody was hospitalized.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: