Author Topic: Patriot Ice Center  (Read 5064 times)

Description:

Patriot Ice Center
Topic: January 21, 2020, 07:30:36 AM
Sooo, first and foremost, I am in no way affiliated with the Patriot Ice Center and further, do not even have a player skating out of there any longer.  But, when I hear good (credible) news, I believe that needs to be shared as well.

Of recent, the PIC has been the subject of many players, coaches and/or parents concerns with regards to ice quality, bathroom cleanliness and overall rink condition.  Apparently the powers to be are listening and beginning to take corrective action.  Understandably, Rome wasn't built in a day and my guess would be there will need to be a phased project plan in place.  But the news on the street is a great starting point.

Overhauled OLY Ice Coming in March
New Experienced & Trained Staff/Ice Crew

IMO, that addresses the major concerns.  Hope people give it a chance...
Professionally Maintained Facilities
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #1:
 January 21, 2020, 07:39:04 AM
Looks like the forum buttons are not working correctly or someone doesnt know how to bullet properly  ;D

But thanks for sharing.  Always like seeing good stuff happen at a place that needs it!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #2:
 January 21, 2020, 07:44:43 AM
Awesome!!!  Needed for a long time, but stoked something is going to happen.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #3:
 January 21, 2020, 07:59:41 AM
Any ice rink should put full attention into the quality of their ice.  After all, it is one of the only products they have to offer.

1) Aim to have the best ice in town. (Many rinks have questionable ice, but maintaining your resurfacing equipment and training your staff makes all the difference).  I've seen really sh!tty rinks in my day, but their ice in near perfect.

2) Make sure your facility is inviting to the parents.  If "mom" is happy, most other problems go away.  In reality, parents spend an enormous amount of time at the rinks.  Good seating, an area of entertainment, clean bathrooms, good food are all key to easing the burden of parents spending 2-3 hours a couple times a week + weekends at the rink.

The Patriot Ice Center is not the only facility who should take note, but sure glad to see that they are aiming to improve.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #4:
 January 21, 2020, 08:56:40 AM
This is funny.  heard it all before.  Same story new year.  Glad we left and we aren’t looking back.  Maybe another name change will help the image.  no one hold your breath (unless you are in those bathrooms, then do hold your breath).
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #5:
 January 21, 2020, 10:26:51 AM
place is poorly run, tournaments are a joke, interactions with mgmt leave too much to be desired, but hey, it's all about the short-term money I get it. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #6:
 January 21, 2020, 11:26:50 AM
It is the same thing I have heard for 3 years. Unless the concrete is fixed under the actually ice nothing will get done. 3rd time the rink has been drained in 3 years and it gets worse each time. The zamboni drivers should not be drifting on the ice either. Scheduling is horrible, the board, people involved in the rink, and maintenance is a huge joke. Enjoy what is left of that rink after the pipes freeze out and the roof fully leaks like a faucet. But I guess the leaking roof on to every where including the dirty locker rooms and filthy toilets with poop in them. No thank you. It is close to $2100 just for the season another $500 for uniforms.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #7:
 January 21, 2020, 12:52:49 PM
You can paint a turd gold but at the end of the day its still a turd...SSDD. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #8:
 January 22, 2020, 10:24:15 AM
Fixing the ice, cleaning the facilities, better maintenance that's all well and good if it actually happens but that is just one of the several issues at the Patriot Ice Center.  The PIC can have the best ice and facilities in the East Coast and that will not stop people from taking their hockey players out of the Ducks organization and going elsewhere.  In order for people to stay at the PIC you not only need better ice and facilities but you need to have a better board of directors leading the Ducks, a board there for their players and families not just for theirselves, their players or their own ego.  The parents that pay thousands of dollars a season for their kids to play travel hockey should have a say in who is on the board.  Hell maybe even being told when board meetings are and when attending one not feeling like they are not wanted there.  The board for the most part is terrible.  Evaluations and team placements are horrendous.  Favoritism and promises being allowed, even letting kids play for free on National teams is constantly happening.  Honestly I could go on forever.  Bottom line, fix the ice, facilities great if that really happens but won't make a difference to the travel hockey program unless something changes and fast the Ducks are in major trouble and will see many players gone next season. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #9:
 January 22, 2020, 11:45:37 AM
I don't know how long you've been around youth hockey guy but change of scenery won't change anything. Every club operates the same way and rinks are the same. They all have their problems. Trust me you will not find the grass is greener on the other side unless you move your kid somewhere they are guaranteed a spot. But then if you do that, you fall into the same political bs category you are complaining about.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: