Author Topic: Full Ice Mite Program  (Read 1238 times)

Description:

Reply #10:
 January 31, 2024, 10:38:09 AM
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #11:
 January 31, 2024, 10:54:49 AM
I am confused.  I thought this discussion was about full ice mite programs not rinks with bars.  Vemon is a strong program, the pilots are a strong program both of these programs really work on skating and learning how to play the game.  There is also the west chester wolvorines they are not as strong as the two listed but another option.  14/94 is just not one I would consider when there are others that are stronger.  Now as far as parents:  Parents and parent coaches can be tool bags at every rink bar or no bar.  Just for the record ice works has a bar as well  pennsuaken does not.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #12:
 January 31, 2024, 11:31:14 AM
I am confused.  I thought this discussion was about full ice mite programs not rinks with bars.  Vemon is a strong program, the pilots are a strong program both of these programs really work on skating and learning how to play the game.  There is also the west chester wolvorines they are not as strong as the two listed but another option.  14/94 is just not one I would consider when there are others that are stronger.  Now as far as parents:  Parents and parent coaches can be tool bags at every rink bar or no bar.  Just for the record ice works has a bar as well  pennsuaken does not.

This poster asked for recommendations for mite programs, but the rinks play a factor in what program to choose. Hollydell is known to have some of the craziest parents in NJ youth hockey. It is not the Venom parents that are the issue, but the Hurricanes parents. Rinks are huge factors when dealing with kids so young.  While all rinks have problem parents, Hollydell's reputation is infamous. Both programs are the best in the area and were built off Guy Gaudreau's developmental model (sorry JDG & JB but you know this is true). From a development perspective you can't go wrong with either program but I had kids play at both rinks and Pennsauken was definitely a better fit for my family.. Either way, do your homework, talk to current families & coaches and most importantly visit the rink during practice and games. You may like Hollydell over Pennsauken or vice/versa depending on your families needs. Best of luck!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #13:
 January 31, 2024, 01:43:26 PM
I was simply pointing out that bar don't matter when deciding on a rink because parents will drink without one.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #14:
 January 31, 2024, 02:00:03 PM
I was simply pointing out that bar don't matter when deciding on a rink because parents will drink without one.

Yes some parents drink at every rink. But drinking is more prevalent at rinks with bars. Have you watched games/practices at Hollydell? The bar causes tons of issues.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #15:
 February 01, 2024, 01:38:41 PM
I'm pretty the alcoholics are the problem not the bar

Yes some parents drink at every rink. But drinking is more prevalent at rinks with bars. Have you watched games/practices at Hollydell? The bar causes tons of issues.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #16:
 February 01, 2024, 01:39:55 PM
I'm pretty the alcoholics are the problem not the bar

I'm pretty sure the alcoholics are the problem not the bar
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #17:
 February 01, 2024, 01:57:15 PM
Looking for a full ice mite program next year. I am more interested in proper development than league or tournament championships. What recommendations in the Philadelphia area? I know coaches are on the move and some have not been announced yet.

Why on earth would you look for a "full ice mite" program?   Have you watched a full ice mite game? Fastest kid gets 10 breakaways....
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest10155,Guest19120,Guest12195,Guest14422,Guest10350,Guest10768,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #18:
 February 01, 2024, 03:26:36 PM
Looking for a full ice mite program next year. I am more interested in proper development than league or tournament championships. What recommendations in the Philadelphia area? I know coaches are on the move and some have not been announced yet.

Why on earth would you look for a "full ice mite" program?   Have you watched a full ice mite game? Fastest kid gets 10 breakaways....

Not if you coach the kids correctly. Pilots pass the puck, especially this season. Past seasons  Pilots just had best kids skate all over, but 2 kids that did this are no longer on team.  This allows the coach to actual teach the game of hockey and not have most talented kids takeover. Venom have been passing for years! Chose a good program and your kid will be prepared for Squirt, when you need to really pass. Kids that just skate puck up are so far behind other players it is laughable. Even though these kids are talented, they struggle once they hit PW because they have always been faster than other players. Once PW starts it starts to even out and "hot dog" players struggle.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #19:
 February 01, 2024, 04:41:38 PM
I'm a midget parent and have no wood in the fire for mite AAA, I did watch a couple pilot games at ice line. Other than the coach yelling at the goalie like an ass for allowing rebounds I saw little of what you are saying.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest14345,Guest16200,Guest18158,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Humbolt Bronco's Update: Truck Driver Admits Guilt, Takes Full Responsibility

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 0
Views: 5132
Last post January 08, 2019, 12:22:53 PM
by Youth Hockey Info
FREE Skate Skills Sessions & Full Ice Games for 2000's-2005's

Started by NJ RENEGADESBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 0
Views: 3753
Last post February 28, 2020, 12:32:46 PM
by NJ RENEGADES
nhl full bubble mask rumors

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 14
Views: 5960
Last post May 16, 2020, 10:57:12 AM
by Guest
Clear full visor and DE mask requirements.

Replies: 1
Views: 2821
Last post September 13, 2020, 06:59:44 PM
by Guest
AAHA goes full "woke"

Replies: 6
Views: 2680
Last post May 06, 2021, 09:00:11 AM
by Guest