Author Topic: Jaguars Tryouts  (Read 27538 times)

Description:

Reply #40:
 September 24, 2023, 09:23:30 PM
Well that did not go well. 10U 0-2 against a team that had some talent. Come back in game 2 showed grit. We are just so overrated in a weak, weak level. Hope parents stop their bragging!
I don't understand ,why would you bash your own team ? if your that unhappy why not find a team you would like better
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #41:
 September 25, 2023, 09:20:24 AM
Well that did not go well. 10U 0-2 against a team that had some talent. Come back in game 2 showed grit. We are just so overrated in a weak, weak level. Hope parents stop their bragging!
I don't understand ,why would you bash your own team ? if your that unhappy why not find a team you would like better

Exactly. We understand your frustration, but it's clear that there isnt much talent left at the A level (unfortunately) due to too many AAA teams, and then AA teams that rinks need to fill.

Some rinks might have a legit A team (maybe they dont have AA), and then some rinks A teams might be B teams...
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #42:
 September 25, 2023, 09:35:37 AM

That is why I said why not tell your team all these issues and "facts" that yuo have to their faces instead of posting as a guest on a forum. But of course, there was no reply to that.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest15658,Guest15397,Guest12019,Guest18106,Guest16258,Guest13026,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #43:
 September 25, 2023, 01:05:42 PM
Parent hubris is the issue and stopping me from speaking up. My child would be shunned if I did. I made the mistake of not following the March exodus to other rinks. Families that left warned me about little remaining talent under 13U, best coaches & players were leaving, and my child would stagnate playing subpar competition. It was 100% my fault for staying. I will continue to call out Igloo management and parents for their head in the sand/we are great outlook.

If you want to know where we rank in coaching compared to other rinks, ask the players that attend private lessons at other rinks we do not play against. To see where we rank in talent, go watch 10U teams like Flyers Youth, Flyers Elite and Delco Phantoms like I did. All three of these rinks play the best schedule they can and are not afraid to lose. Playing better competition builds better players. Sandbagging like we do accomplishes nothing but inflated egos and minimal player improvement. The future is bright, but not at Igloo!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #44:
 September 25, 2023, 02:47:39 PM
I see.

People have been leaving the Igloo in large numbers for several years now. I am surprised anyone is even left
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #45:
 September 25, 2023, 03:38:01 PM
Parent hubris is the issue and stopping me from speaking up. My child would be shunned if I did. I made the mistake of not following the March exodus to other rinks. Families that left warned me about little remaining talent under 13U, best coaches & players were leaving, and my child would stagnate playing subpar competition. It was 100% my fault for staying. I will continue to call out Igloo management and parents for their head in the sand/we are great outlook.

If you want to know where we rank in coaching compared to other rinks, ask the players that attend private lessons at other rinks we do not play against. To see where we rank in talent, go watch 10U teams like Flyers Youth, Flyers Elite and Delco Phantoms like I did. All three of these rinks play the best schedule they can and are not afraid to lose. Playing better competition builds better players. Sandbagging like we do accomplishes nothing but inflated egos and minimal player improvement. The future is bright, but not at Igloo!

If your child is great, then why would they be shunned? because clearly they are all about sandbagging and playing crappy teams so they can win.  And if they were sandbagging the season, they wouldn't have went 0-2 this past weekend. There is a huge discrepency with AHF in general and their scheduling.  If they continued bumping teams up or down from their original division they put them in when seeing huge leads in all games or a team being dominated in every game, this would be avoided. But since they do not anymore, then there is no way it will get fixed.

Besides, igloo, along with other BB owned rinks, have ZERO say in what goes on between divisions, games, etc. Everything goes through BB and is run by BB. People have their hands tied whether they come out and say they do or not.

And just for the record, to continue trashing your childs own team as a guest, at a squirt level, and trashing other kids or parents that you clearly don't know too well, still isn't a good look for an adult. But hey, if you can sleep at night, thats great. It really shows what kind of person you are.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #46:
 September 25, 2023, 05:24:14 PM
Sleep like a baby every night! Thanks for being concerned though. As far as BB and league placement, it comes from rink recommendations not BB. Igloo Hockey Director put Igloo at A not AA because he felt they would not win at AA but at A they could win the league. Little did he know that every other rink would have AA Pure teams the A level would be for lower level kids.  Never said my kid is great. He is average player. He needs better level of play & better coaching to improver. Igloo management lied and said we would be AA that is why I stayed. If I had known we would be A I would have left for Voorhees or Hollydell. Once I signed on, they won't give me my money back so I am stuck. I am not trashing the players. They are what they are, some are really good, some average and some not there yet. I am trashing the parents and rink for not accepting the challenge of AA. They play A and now act like their kids are superstars, talking trash like they should have joined AA division and would have won it. Monday morning quarterbacking after they sandbagged. We would not win AA, but probably go .500. I would take that any day over having our best players go end to end, skating around other teams that can barely skate. It is BS and I am not sure I can take it. Believe it or not, kids understand competition and coaching. They know when teams are not good and also know if they are getting better. The kids are not playing good competition (except Saturday) and none of them are getting better under this coach. That is why kids power skate and do privates at other rinks. They can see themselves getting better under other coaching but not at Igloo. 5+ more months and I am gone! As an FYI, I am not the only parent complaining. There are a few others that are considering leaving at end of year. I hope certain parents stay. If they leave and end up at the same rink I am move to I might quit hockey. I can't stand listening to some parents drone on about how great their kid is. He is good, but still just a squirt. Give it a rest already!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #47:
 September 25, 2023, 07:16:05 PM
Sleep like a baby every night! Thanks for being concerned though. As far as BB and league placement, it comes from rink recommendations not BB. Igloo Hockey Director put Igloo at A not AA because he felt they would not win at AA but at A they could win the league. Little did he know that every other rink would have AA Pure teams the A level would be for lower level kids.  Never said my kid is great. He is average player. He needs better level of play & better coaching to improver. Igloo management lied and said we would be AA that is why I stayed. If I had known we would be A I would have left for Voorhees or Hollydell. Once I signed on, they won't give me my money back so I am stuck. I am not trashing the players. They are what they are, some are really good, some average and some not there yet. I am trashing the parents and rink for not accepting the challenge of AA. They play A and now act like their kids are superstars, talking trash like they should have joined AA division and would have won it. Monday morning quarterbacking after they sandbagged. We would not win AA, but probably go .500. I would take that any day over having our best players go end to end, skating around other teams that can barely skate. It is BS and I am not sure I can take it. Believe it or not, kids understand competition and coaching. They know when teams are not good and also know if they are getting better. The kids are not playing good competition (except Saturday) and none of them are getting better under this coach. That is why kids power skate and do privates at other rinks. They can see themselves getting better under other coaching but not at Igloo. 5+ more months and I am gone! As an FYI, I am not the only parent complaining. There are a few others that are considering leaving at end of year. I hope certain parents stay. If they leave and end up at the same rink I am move to I might quit hockey. I can't stand listening to some parents drone on about how great their kid is. He is good, but still just a squirt. Give it a rest already!

That describes you in a nut shell…”I may quit hockey”. YOU, my friend, are not playing. Your child is. Parents do what their children want and are happy with and go from there.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Carroll81,Guest10243,Guest11442,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #48:
 September 26, 2023, 12:11:54 AM
Blah, blah, blah. I said I may quit hockey. Should have said my kid. He is not enjoying this year. Says games are boring because most of the other teams stink. I guess my kid is more mentally mature than other kids. He thinks the game and wants a challenge. Other kids just want to win and throw fits if they lose. 5+ months!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #49:
 September 26, 2023, 08:30:18 AM
Blah, blah, blah. I said I may quit hockey. Should have said my kid. He is not enjoying this year. Says games are boring because most of the other teams stink. I guess my kid is more mentally mature than other kids. He thinks the game and wants a challenge. Other kids just want to win and throw fits if they lose. 5+ months!

Grass is always greener!

I'm sure no one will miss whoever you may be throughout the Igloo. I'm sure they'll all be watching waiting for your discrepencies after 5+ months at another rink except they may not know since you post as a guest because you are a keyboard warrior.  Your kid is only young once..he ain't makin the NHL, so stop getting so butthurt over a freakin Squirt season. You are a joke. Dont let the igloo door hit you on the way out.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest10524,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

PA State Finals - Thomas Jefferson Jaguars vs Pennridge Rams Mar 26, 2022

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard South Eastern PA High School Hockey Classics

Replies: 0
Views: 3920
Last post March 26, 2022, 05:53:15 PM
by Youth Hockey Info
Igloo Jaguars Management Change