Author Topic: New THF Tier 1 league  (Read 25329 times)

Description:

Reply #10:
 May 09, 2022, 01:26:44 PM
until the 2011s move away from AYHL. How long do you think LVPY and Hollydell will stay. HAHA
How will this league compare to the AYHL?
It will help AYHL by taking the bottom teams from them haha.  Mercer, Revolution, FE, not a loss to any league.
If the AHF follows threw at tier2 with all that it said they can do I think in 2 yrs you will see all the teams that are playing tier2 this yr move their tier1 teams to THF. I think that even if the tier1 program is separate from the rink like I believe the MM and Colonials are they will be pushed that way by the rink ownership. Off the top of my head that would be Palmyra, MM, Hollydell, WB/S, LVPY- who I heard want to grow their tier1.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #11:
 May 09, 2022, 01:47:08 PM
AAA is cyclical at all rinks. THF will eventually become the dominant league just like AHF. BB is in this for the long haul and has a plan. A lot of BB rinks have families that do not want to play AAA at this time. I have 2012 & 2013 kids that were asked to play at PHC (2013) & Little Flyers (2012) but AAA does not fit our family right now.  Not all of the best players play AAA. There are multiple 2011, 2012 & 2013 players at Igloo, Voorhees & Hollydell that are AAA players, but the families chose not to play. This has hurt FE. In 2-3 years these families will be ready to make AAA commitment. Everyone at AAA can put down FE all they want, but FE will bounce back.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #12:
 May 20, 2022, 01:37:51 PM
Comparing the average MHR rating of the AYHL teams (including PHC) to the average MHR rating of the teams that played at the THF Parity Event:

At 2012, the AYHL appears to be much stronger, top to bottom.

At 2011, the AYHL appears to be stronger at the top, but only at the top.

At 2010, the leagues appear to be very comparable.

At 2009, the THF/USPHL appears to be very comparable to the AYHL American, but the AYHL National appears to be stronger.

At 2008, the THF/USHPL appears to be stronger than the AYHL American, but not as strong as the AYHL National.

At 2007, it appears the THF/USPHL teams would struggle to compete in the AHYL American, much less the AYHL National.

But keep in mind that the lowest team or teams in the THF/USPHL might get booted, and several stronger teams might have missed the parity event because they didn't have enough players to travel in April, especially at the older age levels.

With that said, it would appear that the THF/USPHL, in general, is on par, at least for now, with the AYHL American level of play.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #13:
 May 20, 2022, 06:37:51 PM
Comparing the average MHR rating of the AYHL teams (including PHC) to the average MHR rating of the teams that played at the THF Parity Event:

At 2009, the THF/USPHL appears to be very comparable to the AYHL American, but the AYHL National appears to be stronger.

At 2008, the THF/USHPL appears to be stronger than the AYHL American, but not as strong as the AYHL National.

At 2007, it appears the THF/USPHL teams would struggle to compete in the AHYL American, much less the AYHL National.

But keep in mind that the lowest team or teams in the THF/USPHL might get booted, and several stronger teams might have missed the parity event because they didn't have enough players to travel in April, especially at the older age levels.

With that said, it would appear that the THF/USPHL, in general, is on par, at least for now, with the AYHL American level of play.

Thank you for all your hard work, I have a job, life and family to take care of.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #14:
 May 23, 2022, 01:40:57 PM

What an idiot! We are talking about youth hockey! WOW!!!!!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #15:
 May 23, 2022, 02:07:54 PM
What an idiot! We are talking about youth hockey! WOW!!!!!
[/quote]

That is a little severe....considering the title of this thread.  I appreciated the poster's analysis.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #16:
 May 23, 2022, 09:19:39 PM
Simply not true.   2009 Rocket (XHP) are best in the country and AYHL only had WBS who won't be good much longer.  Rockets and CP Dynamo are tops at 2010 vs. NY Saints (again not likely to be good for long). 2011 Woodbridge and Mercer are same as LHV and Colonials.  at 2012 CJR and Woodbridge are better than AYHL best.  At 2013 Hitmen killed everyone last year.   Look at the rankings.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #17:
 May 23, 2022, 10:57:13 PM
Lollll. Rockets will not be participating as a full member. If you think XHA will be playing any games in this league you’re dillusional. It is a Black Bear in house league.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest17345,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #18:
 May 24, 2022, 07:34:53 AM
You don't know anything about the 2011s if you think Woodbridge is as good as Colonials or LVPY.  That team blew up and they weren't as good as either team last year anyway. It's Mercer and MassConn, both nice teams, but not world beaters.  Even Team Maryland won't be anything for 2011s.  The league is garbage at the 2011 birth year.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #19:
 May 24, 2022, 08:13:29 AM
Here we go about the 2011 AAA crap again. AAA ain't worth cow flop until the bantam ages. Best thing I did was keep my player out of AAA at a young age and used the $ toward camps and private lessons and it paid off in his final yr finishing top 3 on his team, non of the top 3 on his team played AAA before bantam and it ticks off the parents of the players that did. All 3 have offers from college(partial scholarships) and Junior clubs. I'm following the same plan with his 2 younger brothers as well and this yr will be their 1st yr playing AAA.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Hollydell 2018 tier 1 status? Is this happening?

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 0
Views: 8489
Last post May 14, 2018, 09:09:33 AM
by Youth Hockey Info
Metro Elite League

Started by GuestBoard Youth Hockey Info Center

Replies: 3
Views: 4963
Last post May 16, 2018, 08:19:06 AM
by Guest
Educate me on Tier 1 Programs

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 5
Views: 6956
Last post November 21, 2018, 07:46:23 AM
by Guest
Tier 1 vs Tier ll Hockey A to Z - More Bang For the Buck?

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 19
Views: 35510
Last post June 29, 2020, 08:41:10 AM
by Guest
Revolution Youth Tier II

Started by RevolutionBoard Youth Hockey Info Center

Replies: 0
Views: 9143
Last post March 06, 2019, 12:36:45 PM
by Revolution