Author Topic: Where did the players go?  (Read 5768 times)

Description:

Reply #10:
 May 03, 2023, 08:54:03 AM
Watched a 11U AA team play in the 12U-2 category in the AHF. Team is out of a BB rink in Burlington County NJ. This team while listed as a AA team, looked like a B team. Very discouraging to see. Why would the rink call this team 11uAA when they are a low level A team/high level B team? I felt bad for the kids being called a AA team. I am sure players on other teams are talking crap to them.

Isn't that team playing in the 12U A2 division?...which is a 12U low A? The rink may have labeled them as that because its a pure team but put them in the A2 division because of skill. And if 10 and 11 year olds are talking crap to players on another team, maybe they should be taught better than that. Remember, its youth hockey and peewee. This crap doesn't matter right now ESPECIALLY in a parity. There's a lot of time to get better between now and september.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #11:
 May 04, 2023, 03:24:34 PM
Watched a 11U AA team play in the 12U-2 category in the AHF. Team is out of a BB rink in Burlington County NJ. This team while listed as a AA team, looked like a B team. Very discouraging to see. Why would the rink call this team 11uAA when they are a low level A team/high level B team? I felt bad for the kids being called a AA team. I am sure players on other teams are talking crap to them.

Isn't that team playing in the 12U A2 division?...which is a 12U low A? The rink may have labeled them as that because its a pure team but put them in the A2 division because of skill. And if 10 and 11 year olds are talking crap to players on another team, maybe they should be taught better than that. Remember, its youth hockey and peewee. This crap doesn't matter right now ESPECIALLY in a parity. There's a lot of time to get better between now and september.

You can teach kids all you want, but on the ice they trash talk. 11UAA shoul play 11UAA, not 12U A2. 10UA team has 1 2013 which is allowed on a pure team. They are 10UA and play 10UA. I know certain parents at rink and they are orgasming over their sons playing 11UAA. This is why rink suffers. Lost the best 12U, 10U & Mite players to other rinks. Director listened to parents and not coaches. The best way to build a program is recruit great coaches, tell the parents how it is and then teach the kids to play hockey. Former coaches had 8 good players ready to join rink at 12U and another 6 at 10U. AA teams would have been stacked. Instead they left taking kids to FE and others left for Voorhees & Hollydell. This rink is becoming a joke . When you have kids leaving your rink for Voorhees, you have serious issues! For the well being of the kids, call them a 12UA team and not 11UAA or risk the kids getting trash talked on & off the ice. I mean trnk changed jersey's last year because other rinks made fun of white jersey's by calling the players a homosexual slur. Kids can be very mean!

Your comment about "there is a lot of time between now and September is a joke". I know these players and their parents. These 12U kids will not be working on the things to make them better, mainly their skating. Parents have these kids working on skills when these kids are not good enough skaters to get or keep puck possession. If you can't skate, you can't play, period! The other things become easier once you learn to skate and your edge work improves. This is one backwards rink. That is why Sewell rules!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest13896,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #12:
 May 05, 2023, 02:34:24 PM

You can teach kids all you want, but on the ice they trash talk. 11UAA shoul play 11UAA, not 12U A2. 10UA team has 1 2013 which is allowed on a pure team. They are 10UA and play 10UA. I know certain parents at rink and they are orgasming over their sons playing 11UAA. This is why rink suffers. Lost the best 12U, 10U & Mite players to other rinks. Director listened to parents and not coaches. The best way to build a program is recruit great coaches, tell the parents how it is and then teach the kids to play hockey. Former coaches had 8 good players ready to join rink at 12U and another 6 at 10U. AA teams would have been stacked. Instead they left taking kids to FE and others left for Voorhees & Hollydell. This rink is becoming a joke . When you have kids leaving your rink for Voorhees, you have serious issues! For the well being of the kids, call them a 12UA team and not 11UAA or risk the kids getting trash talked on & off the ice. I mean trnk changed jersey's last year because other rinks made fun of white jersey's by calling the players a homosexual slur. Kids can be very mean!

Your comment about "there is a lot of time between now and September is a joke". I know these players and their parents. These 12U kids will not be working on the things to make them better, mainly their skating. Parents have these kids working on skills when these kids are not good enough skaters to get or keep puck possession. If you can't skate, you can't play, period! The other things become easier once you learn to skate and your edge work improves. This is one backwards rink. That is why Sewell rules!

hey aren't listed as AA anymore, just 11U on the AHF site. And either way, these things happened when the "other coaches" were there as well when they played in AA when they were NOT a AA team...TWICE. Just like how a bunch of AAA teams are also not AAA.

And lets not forget, this is youth hockey. None of this matters especially at this level. If they were sandbagging to get into 12UA2 it'd be different, but they aren't. It'll be a competition for them either way, whether they play in 11UAA or 12UA2. So if parents are "orgasming" over their kids being "AA", then just let them, it's not effecting you or your child. And great coaches are hard to come by. People aren't knocking down doors to be a coach, especially for younger age groups. And lastly, no rink "rules". Every rink has politics which overpowers anything else and that's including hollydell.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #13:
 May 05, 2023, 02:44:16 PM

And also, kids are leaving rinks all over. And A LOT of people went to voorhees or other rinks because of the cost alone.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest11285,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #14:
 May 05, 2023, 09:34:54 PM
So you’re saying the letter chasing parents are happy that their kids are playing at a level way out of their “league”, pardon the pun because BB doesn’t want to look bad because tone of their rinks didn’t field a pure AA team? 

Makes sense.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #15:
 May 08, 2023, 10:26:22 AM
So you’re saying the letter chasing parents are happy that their kids are playing at a level way out of their “league”, pardon the pun because BB doesn’t want to look bad because tone of their rinks didn’t field a pure AA team? 

Makes sense.

Well, I mean, the Hurricanes 9uAA lost to the Jags Squirt A team 10-3 so its not JUST blackbear rinks that are doing AA that shouldn't be.

Listen, Im not a fan of BB AT ALL, so this isn't me trying to defend them because that's the last thing I am trying to do. I am just saying, whatever parents are excited for their kid playing in whatever division they are playing in, just let it all be. Its not effecting you or your childs play or season. The Jags 11U team played in the 12UA2 in the parity and they aren't even listed as "AA" on the AHF site. Either way, it doesnt matter! They didn't sandbag which to me, is WAY worse than parents being happy their kid is playing out of their league. But in this case, I don't think they are since they aren't in the 11UAA division (at least as of yet). People left all over the place, not just Igloo or specific places. A lot of it has to do with the cost which is why a lot of the players that left went to Voorhees, and this is what I was told by the actual parents that left.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

For Edge in a Faster N.H.L., Players Turn to Figure Skaters

Started by guestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 0
Views: 8042
Last post May 01, 2018, 02:13:57 PM
by guest
NJ Colonials Coach Charged After Fight With Players Parent