Author Topic: DVHL player with a positive test  (Read 5643 times)

Description:

DVHL player with a positive test
Topic: October 05, 2020, 02:39:37 PM
So there has been a positive Covid-19 test for a DVHL midget player.
Does that mean there will be some schedule changes this weekend?
Can the team play or practice in the next 14 days?
Also hopefully they have no major issue and was aware enough to infect anyone else.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #1:
 October 05, 2020, 04:05:43 PM
16U or 18U?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #2:
 October 05, 2020, 04:09:11 PM
Word is that the player had not been around the team for almost week prior to finding out he was positive. No other players on that team have shown any symptoms yet.

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #3:
 October 05, 2020, 04:16:40 PM
Word is that the player had not been around the team for almost week prior to finding out he was positive. No other players on that team have shown any symptoms yet.
So does that mean that no one got tested?
Looks like they have 3 games this weekend. Hopefully they keep away from the old refs.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #4:
 October 05, 2020, 04:35:47 PM
So does that mean that no one got tested?
Looks like they have 3 games this weekend. Hopefully they keep away from the old refs.

No idea. I just was told what was the scenario was.

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #5:
 October 05, 2020, 04:58:46 PM
Where is the information coming from? Please provide a legitimate source which supports the OP.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #6:
 October 05, 2020, 05:38:15 PM
Where is the information coming from? Please provide a legitimate source which supports the OP.

I doubt any of the teams involved are posting anything on their websites about it. There was some internal communications. I guess if someone is will post they will. Why do you need to see this?

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #7:
 October 05, 2020, 06:02:29 PM
We don't need to see it, but would appreciate reputable sources to verify. We shut down guest posting for a month to sort out how we would handle agitators who have nothing of value to post except hearsay and rumors. We do our best to verify authenticity of claims. The only way to combat anonymous posts which aren't verified is to remove them.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest16620,
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted friendly:
Guest16977,
No reactions

Reply #8:
 October 05, 2020, 06:10:13 PM
Had a positive test on our team.  Whole team had to quarantine away from rink for two weeks.  No other positive cases.  Had to reschedule a few games.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #9:
 October 06, 2020, 09:38:29 AM
Hi Everyone,

To follow up on XXXXX earlier e-mail.   I wanted to let you know that I did talk to the President of the league today and she was not aware of this news until she received my call.
I heard about the situation this morning from another source and immediately notified XXXX, but wanted to get confirmation from the league since both XXXX and I wanted to make sure it was true before relaying it to you.

The DVHL President, Colleen Marinari, called XXXX and he confirmed that one of the XXXX players did test positive for COVID last night.  The player was not at last night's game and has not had any contact with his team since last weekend.  However, there is still the possibility that one or more of the XXXX players who played in last night's game could have been previously exposed which is why it's so important for everyone to be aware.  All of the players on XXXX are going to get tested.  I have asked to be notified immediately should anyone else test positive, and I in turn will let you know.

Due to these circumstances, we thought the right thing to do was to call and inform the XXXXXX President of the situation and let him make the call about tonight's game.  The DVHL President made the call and, as expected, they opted to cancel.

In the meantime, I would recommend you keep a close watch for any symptoms your player may experience, since I'm sure you have heard more times than you may have wanted, COVID can sometimes show symptoms within 1 to 2 days or as long as 14 days.  You may even want to consider having your player tested since sometimes people can have COVID but be asymptomatic.

I'm going to stay positive that everyone will be okay since it was a fast paced game and no one had prolonged contact.
This is something that we will most likely have to deal with as they season goes on, which is why we have to make sure that all players are wearing masks, using hand sanitizer often, spending as little time as possible in the locker room, and leaving the building quickly.

I can attest to the fact that XXXX is doing everything they can to keep us safe by sanitizing the player benches, locker rooms, rest rooms, and all of the other common areas in the rink between every game.

Please feel free to reach out should you have any questions.

Kind regards,
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest12575,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags: