Author Topic: DVHL Update - Rink Capacity And Planning  (Read 10981 times)

Description:
DVHL Update - Rink Capacity And Planning
Topic: August 25, 2020, 02:15:30 PM

August 25, 2020

Dear Families and Friends of the DVHL:
As stated in my first letter: “Our main goal is to change the capacity to at least 50 and play our normal games. However, if they do not allow us to do that… we need to come up with an alternative way to play the game to get the kids back onto the ice to play hockey.”

It looks like we need to work on alternative ways!

The Atlantic Affiliate met with the Governor’s office and while they said it was a pleasant meeting, they did not get the impression that the Governor was going to make any changes in the capacity for us to play full-ice/full roster hockey. Therefore, we are currently looking at alternatives and have NOT decided on anything at this time. As mentioned before, we are receiving input from the Atlantic Affiliate, USA Hockey, NHL and Collegiate coaches for their guidance on what they suggest.

Right now, we have two proposals that have come thru. Our counterpart in Pittsburgh, the PAHL, is also working on a game plan as they are in the same situation as us. We have agreed to exchange ideas with the hopes of coming up with the best game plan possible. We hope to have their proposal by the end of the week.

As soon as we get Pittsburgh’s, we will post the proposals on our website to take a vote on what you think maybe the best to play this season. This vote will be for informational purposes only. The clubs will vote on the final proposals at our meeting on Wednesday, September 9. We wanted to keep you updated as we go along thru this massive endeavor. Please stay safe and as positive as you can while we work thru this. Thank you for your support!

Colleen Marinari
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #1:
 August 25, 2020, 02:26:53 PM
Get ready for 4x4 hockey and only 10 total on bench per half!  Thanks Governor
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #2:
 August 25, 2020, 02:34:46 PM
Maybe it is time to defy the Gov like the Carlisle Car Show has and won. It is time the health, safety, and risk are back with the parents to decide who actually knows what is best for their family.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest14958,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #3:
 August 25, 2020, 02:42:40 PM
I got a feeling we will be starting in 1/1 like schools will all be doing. Is everybody excited to pay thousands for 4 months of practice for our clubs and school hockey?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest12118,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #4:
 August 25, 2020, 02:50:16 PM
Nobody is forcing you to.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #5:
 August 25, 2020, 02:58:14 PM
I am all for things getting back to normal and kids playing sports but is it kids that are die hard ready to get back to playing? I see bunch of crazy parents who are trying to re-live their glory days and live their life vicariously through these kids. If high school and college sports have not figured it out yet, what makes people think youth sports can?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest19672,Guest11312,Guest19283,Guest10944,Guest16839,Guest10842,Guest18831,Guest16452,
Guest19911,Guest15009,Guest18418,Guest17239,Guest10494,Guest16167,Guest18241,Guest11161,
Guest12478,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #6:
 August 25, 2020, 03:08:46 PM
I am all for things getting back to normal and kids playing sports but is it kids that are die hard ready to get back to playing? I see bunch of crazy parents who are trying to re-live their glory days and live their life vicariously through these kids. If high school and college sports have not figured it out yet, what makes people think youth sports can?

You sound like a lonely old man who has nothing better to do with his time but schlepp around making comments that nobody cares about. Stay in your bubble wearing a mask for the rest of your life as some of us have lives to live. The curve is flat we will all get corona at some point and we will get over it not live in fear from it because your governor tells you to and you bow to his every bs edict.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #7:
 August 25, 2020, 03:17:18 PM
The exact hardo parent the poster before is talking about. Keep buffing that participation trophy from the early 90's buddy.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #8:
 August 25, 2020, 03:31:15 PM

Let me ask you how many kids have you seen lose their lives by suicide?? My son lost a friend and his girlfriend brother and sister? A 15 year old should never have to deal with that!! Especially without the teammates he’s leaned on like brothers... so you see parents reliving their youths through their kids... I see a youth lose his innocence, I’ve watched as my son has fallen into depression. Only options the professionals have given are pills. Before the government shut down the country over a virus that has proven to be less deadly then the average flu. My son was playing with his friends every weekend with tournaments set for an entire summer with a future in the marines... all because 1 doctor likes to prescribe pills instead of addressing the actual issue his future could be over... So before you make a statement about parents reliving their childhood know that some of us live for our children... do everything our parents couldn’t work twice as much and 3 times harder just for the car ride home when I look in the mirror and my teenager is sleeping in the back seat...
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #9:
 August 25, 2020, 03:37:35 PM
Maybe mites, squirts and even pee wees,.it is the parents. But many kids who play are older. They have played for years, enjoy the sport, love the sport. They want to be around their friends.

Many kids are going into their last year of playing. Many seniors who are graduating.

Maybe there are some parents that want it more than their kids, but I can speak for my older kids who are AA and know hockey is ending and life is starting-they want to play their last year.  They want to go to school their senior year. They are willing to wear masks and take precautions but they want to play the sport they love the way it is meant to be played and not have their final hockey year spending half the games sitting in a dark, dingy, dirty locker room.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

DVHL Meeting Update

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 23
Views: 9200
Last post August 17, 2020, 02:04:31 PM
by Guest
pros and cons of DVHL vs EJEPL