Author Topic: Exton Kings  (Read 7720 times)

Description: Stick swing to the head in 12 AA game

Reply #10:
 March 25, 2019, 12:08:59 PM
How do you get this reviewed? My son took an illegal hit to the head resulting in a broken jaw and no call on the ice. It was a totally retaliation for a missed call on a check(that my kid wasnt involved in) in a peewee game. My organization has merged with another one so nobody will address this. I have video. Is there a way to have this reviewed? It was during a tournament so the team is not part of our league.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #11:
 March 25, 2019, 12:28:21 PM
The league will not review Livebarn or personal video to delegate punishment. This would be a situation where it's an unfortunate set of circumstances. If the refs didn't call it or write anything up you're out of luck.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #12:
 March 25, 2019, 02:06:16 PM
So can you tell me how the exton game was reviewed? I think it's scary that a ref can let an illegal hit to the head, resulting in a major injury, go and nobody reviews it. We were only 90 seconds into the game when they took my son out. And coaches were congratulating the player that hit my son.
Where is the protection and safety of my player? And why cant it be reviewed?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #13:
 March 25, 2019, 02:15:26 PM
Somebody, I believe a rep from the Kings, responded here Exton Kings
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #14:
 March 25, 2019, 02:49:54 PM
I saw that the Kings board reviewed it with the dvhl disciplinary board. My organization no longer exists so how do I get anyone to review it. Plus it was at a tournament and they were an out of state team.

Why doesnt usa hockey have a policy to protect kids when this happens? Refs are not gods and should be subject to review, especially when they fail to call something that was right in front of them.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #15:
 March 25, 2019, 03:09:57 PM
I saw that the Kings board reviewed it with the dvhl disciplinary board. My organization no longer exists so how do I get anyone to review it. Plus it was at a tournament and they were an out of state team.

Why doesnt usa hockey have a policy to protect kids when this happens? Refs are not gods and should be subject to review, especially when they fail to call something that was right in front of them.

For the former, nobody logged a formal complaint at the reffing or rink level. Forget about the tournament directors and coordinators. They don't give a crap about any of the kids playing. When your team signs up for the tournament they consent to the release of liability of tournament management services should something happen to your child.

As for the latter, they do have a policy in place, it's your son's USA hockey registration, I don't mean that to sound condescending, it's the truth. The registration grants you insurance coverage. If you haven't already I strongly suggest you contact your son's team manager and ask for a USA hockey insurance form. If you incurred any medical coverage bills they will pay back a portion of the bills as your insurance policy permits. Fill out the form and submit it to USA hockey. The process is a very long and arduous one but you will get your money back. It could take up to a full calendar year after the first doctor visit.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #16:
 March 25, 2019, 03:50:15 PM
I'm sure there are a butt load of lawyers that would gladly represent a child who was a victim of a baseball swing in a hockey game. At the very least you could get your medical bills covered
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: