Author Topic: JUULING! What's going on in the locker room?  (Read 25577 times)

Description:
JUULING! What's going on in the locker room?
Topic: September 03, 2018, 10:55:40 AM
It's the newest fad among young hockey players. Do you know what's going on in your son or daughters locker room?

Unlike cigarettes there is no burning paper or tobacco scent or smell. Vaping and Juuling can go undetected outside the locker room without the coach or manager aware. The exhaled vapor disappears almost instantly, make no mistake, this form of smoking is just as addictive and dangerous as cigarette smoking.

It's going on more than you think.

Our 15 yr old son informed us during tryouts that just about all of the 16AA players "juul" and they do it in the locker room. He told us they pass it around sharing the device to smoke tobacco-less vapor. The juuling apparatus itself is very unsuspecting and looks like a USB storage device. Unless you see somebody physically using it to smoke from its not something you would normally assume to be used as such.

Ask your kids, we were happy our son informed us and advised he did not take part and has no interest.

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #1:
 April 24, 2019, 02:52:26 PM
bump
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #2:
 April 25, 2019, 11:00:47 AM
If I’m not mistaken, I believe USA Hockey requires SafeSport certified locker room monitors, coaches and team managers suffice.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #3:
 April 25, 2019, 12:05:32 PM
If you think the locker room monitors have made any impact on vaping you must be smoking dope yourself.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Hockeymom2

Reply #4:
 April 25, 2019, 03:01:08 PM
If I’m not mistaken, I believe USA Hockey requires SafeSport certified locker room monitors, coaches and team managers suffice.

Show me a locker room that has monitors. USA Hockey doesn't enforce their own rules. What a joke.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #5:
 April 25, 2019, 05:31:24 PM

Show me a locker room that has monitors. USA Hockey doesn't enforce their own rules. What a joke.

NO ONE wants to be in the locker room, ESPECIALLY coaches because if they cut a kid or sit them, then they open themselves up to that kid's parents charging abuse! "His friend saw coach checking him out while he was getting changed!"
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #6:
 April 30, 2019, 07:32:08 AM
So if you "like" kids, and pass Safesport, USA Hockey has a dream job for you: Locker room monitor! No wonder youth hockey has so many problems! I don't want ANYONE "monitoring" my kid while he changes, showers, Etc.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #7:
 April 30, 2019, 08:09:05 AM
Locker room monitor is the same as the manager. They're not allowed when they get dressed or undressed. They have to ask for permission, they sit outside the door.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #8:
 August 01, 2019, 07:54:14 AM
"(CNN)- Eight teens were hospitalized in July with seriously damaged lungs in Wisconsin, the state Department of Health Services reported Thursday.

“We suspect that these injuries were caused by vaping,” said Dr. Michael Gutzeit, chief medical officer at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin where the teens were admitted, at a press conference."

8 Wisconsin teens hospitalized with severe lung damage due to vaping, doctors
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #9:
 August 24, 2019, 06:52:52 PM
First death linked to vaping.

First death linked to vaping reported in Illinois - BBC News

A patient has died after developing a severe respiratory disease due to vaping in the first such death in the US, say health officials.

It comes as experts investigate a mystery lung disease across the US that is linked to use of e-cigarettes.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said there were 193 "potential cases" in 22 US states.

Many of the cases involve vaping THC, the main active compound in cannabis, CDC experts said.

The cases were reported over the course of two months between 28 June and 20 August.

The person who died was "hospitalized with unexplained illness after reported vaping or e-cigarette use", Dr Jennifer Layden, the chief medical officer and state epidemiologist in Illinois, said.

CDC director Robert Redfield said: "We are saddened to hear of the first death related to the outbreak of severe lung disease in those who use e-cigarette or 'vaping' devices."

He added: "This tragic death in Illinois reinforces the serious risks associated with e-cigarette products."
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: