Forum > General Youth Hockey Info

Any changes for next year in PA?

<< < (7/8) > >>

Guest:

--- Quote from: Guest on March 08, 2024, 06:37:12 AM ---So at my sons level with that model he will play around 16 games. I hope you are wrong. It is no longer NJYHL/DVHL it is one league and they should play each team twice, one home one away. For $300 more I can drive an extra 10-15 min and play around 26 games. If your model is right this maybe our last year before going to an AHF club. I will give the new league a 1yr trial.

--- End quote ---

How do you get 16? Obviously the amount of edge play will depend on total teams. It's not necessarily a new league as it's more of a co-op. Just like AHF, the DVHL and NJY will go back to their respective states for AA playoffs. Who wins the AA divisions will have no bearing on who gets to district Qualifier, just like AHF. They are doing exactly what the AHF is doing minus teams spread all over the east coast

Guest:

--- Quote from: Guest on March 11, 2024, 11:56:18 AM ---
--- Quote from: Guest on March 08, 2024, 06:37:12 AM ---So at my sons level with that model he will play around 16 games. I hope you are wrong. It is no longer NJYHL/DVHL it is one league and they should play each team twice, one home one away. For $300 more I can drive an extra 10-15 min and play around 26 games. If your model is right this maybe our last year before going to an AHF club. I will give the new league a 1yr trial.

--- End quote ---

How do you get 16? Obviously the amount of edge play will depend on total teams. It's not necessarily a new league as it's more of a co-op. Just like AHF, the DVHL and NJY will go back to their respective states for AA playoffs. Who wins the AA divisions will have no bearing on who gets to district Qualifier, just like AHF. They are doing exactly what the AHF is doing minus teams spread all over the east coast

--- End quote ---
Basing off this yrs # of teams, we had 6 in our division, 5 other teams plus his 5x2=10 games.  at my kids age this yr the nj had 6 teams that didn't leave for the AHF so 10+6=16. obviously it could be one or two more or less but going by this yr that is what it will look like. My friends son play for the near by AHF club and at the same age played 26 league games this yr not including playoffs. Like I said I will give them a 1yr trail.

Guest:

--- Quote from: Guest on March 11, 2024, 01:57:56 PM ---
--- Quote from: Guest on March 11, 2024, 11:56:18 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Basing off this yrs # of teams, we had 6 in our division, 5 other teams plus his 5x2=10 games.  at my kids age this yr the nj had 6 teams that didn't leave for the AHF so 10+6=16. obviously it could be one or two more or less but going by this yr that is what it will look like. My friends son play for the near by AHF club and at the same age played 26 league games this yr not including playoffs. Like I said I will give them a 1yr trail.

--- End quote ---

At what level? Most DVHL AA teams are playing 55+ game schedule. If they are not, that's on the team, not the league. Between EJ and DVHL you would be playing 35 games before non league Nd tourneys . All that said though, what difference does it make it you play a 16 or 26 game league schedule when the season is 50-60+ game season? All a league schedule is for is to determine playoffs.

Guest:
My kid is on a B team. We are talking league games and league games at the model the other post said would be 16 games. My kids team didn't play in the EJ. Our manager did a good job with getting us  5 non league games and we did 4 tournaments. Non league and tournaments aren't what we are talking about though, we are talking league games. I asked my friend who's son is on an AHF McDavid/B team and they played 26 league games plus 3 playoff games. He said they had 3 non league games, 1 of those against my kid and also did 4 tournaments. the difference between 16 and 26 league games is 10 more games for only a little bit more $. Like I said before we should play every team twice, it's no longer the DVHL/NJ it is now the MAHA. The AHF plays teams from both states multiple times. And like I said before I will give the merge league a 1 yr trial.

Guest:

--- Quote from: Guest on March 11, 2024, 06:51:45 PM ---My kid is on a B team. We are talking league games and league games at the model the other post said would be 16 games. My kids team didn't play in the EJ. Our manager did a good job with getting us  5 non league games and we did 4 tournaments. Non league and tournaments aren't what we are talking about though, we are talking league games. I asked my friend who's son is on an AHF McDavid/B team and they played 26 league games plus 3 playoff games. He said they had 3 non league games, 1 of those against my kid and also did 4 tournaments. the difference between 16 and 26 league games is 10 more games for only a little bit more $. Like I said before we should play every team twice, it's no longer the DVHL/NJ it is now the MAHA. The AHF plays teams from both states multiple times. And like I said before I will give the merge league a 1 yr trial.

--- End quote ---
sorry, my friend mistyped the game total his son played. It was 36 plus playoffs not 26.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version