Forum > General Youth Hockey Info

LOYALTY and the double standard

<< < (4/4)

Guest:
How did the 16AA that left already have a AA team to go to before the eval started? How was the 18A goalie able to help find goalie openings before evals ended? Practice/ Emergency goalie? Glad to hear most are going to be on the ice.

Guest:

--- Quote from: Guest on April 23, 2024, 06:36:32 AM ---How did the 16AA that left already have a AA team to go to before the eval started? How was the 18A goalie able to help find goalie openings before evals ended? Practice/ Emergency goalie? Glad to hear most are going to be on the ice.

--- End quote ---
The 16AA goalie tried out for a 18AAA team and was not taken but was offered a spot on their AA team. The practice/emergency goalie is easy money for the club. The one 18AA goalie this year is a multi sport player and will miss most of the practices in the 1st few months. Last year all he did was take net time away from the actual goalies that played. My son has played for 2 travel clubs, 3 different scholastic leagues, different goalie camps and was on a couple Spring Tournament teams. We have made friends all over and he has kept in contact with goalies from Northern Jersey, Western Pa, Southeastern Pa, Syracuse and other parts of the tri state area. Every year he and I get messages from people we have met telling us about openings.

Guest:

--- Quote from: justahockeydad on April 18, 2024, 08:12:19 AM ---"deciding not to go to a "real" college" Who are you to put down anyone that goes to community college? CC is a "real" college that gives out real degrees. My wife went to a CC and got the same degree, job and pay as her co-worker that went to Temple for a lot less debt.

The reasons he opted to do what he decided are all logical, well thought out reasons. Loyalty, friendship is overlooked to often anymore. A 2nd yr of 18u especially at AA would have absolutely benefited him. To be 17 and wise enough to want to save $17000 is smart. I encouraged my kids to do the same.

Best of luck to him

--- End quote ---

ok you go with that - best of luck

Guest:
Yeah

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version