Author Topic: No Parents Allowed in Rinks  (Read 4616 times)

Description:

No Parents Allowed in Rinks
Topic: July 25, 2020, 06:59:33 AM
For New Jersey.
 Does anyone know where the requirement for no parents "spectators" allowed in the rinks came from.  I searched on the CDC, USA Hockey and AAHL websites and I didn't come across anything for rinks to reopen that read no parents are allowed to stay in a rink. I read something about limiting the amount of "spectators" on the CDC website. That's it.
 The particular age the rinks list; Peewee and up, no help getting dressed (drop and leave), and Squirt and under, limited help getting dressed (then leave), seems to be something that the CDC or State wouldn't even know that these are usually the ages where parents aide or don't aide in dressing.
For myself, its more of a safety issue in case some type of injury happens to my player and I am not in the intimidate vicinity. Also, not everyone who attends the camps/clinics lives a couple of minutes from the rinks where they can go home and get back in a timely manor.
 Not to mention, its Summer, and NJ has a no idle law, so waiting in your running vehicle with the air on is a no, no. Any ideas on how to get this "requirement" changed?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #1:
 July 25, 2020, 07:52:26 AM
With the NJ daily new case count trend line rising again, thanks to your high school graduation parties, you should be thankful if your kid gets to play any meaningful hockey this year.  If the new case count continues to trend higher, expect Gov to get in the way of your hockey dreams.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #2:
 July 25, 2020, 09:25:49 AM
What’s important is the kids get to play and it is safe. Wait in the parking lot it will cool down soon. Find some shade bring a chair. Be happy they get to play. If everyone follows the rules maybe the kids get to play.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #3:
 July 25, 2020, 10:10:17 AM
Up in Maine it depends on the size of the arena they are playing in. Most of the smaller rinks are not allowing spectators but the largest ones are allowing at least one parent for now
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #4:
 July 25, 2020, 10:15:58 AM
All of the rinks in PA and NJ are large enough even the smalle rones have plenty of room for parents to stay away from one another. It makes no sense.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #5:
 July 25, 2020, 10:35:26 AM
It's not easy for those of us who enjoy watching our kids play. However I think us adults are spreading this thing easier than kids. If it's safer for the kids at all its worth it right now.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #6:
 July 26, 2020, 09:18:18 PM
It a practicality.

Every surface touched needs to be disinfected after each use. That means already-skeleton-crew staff would need to take time after each session to disinfect bleachers. This means extra $$$$ as well. It means longer times between ice uses. It means rink staff policing  parents in the stands who are not wearing masks and who are not sitting 6+ feet apart. It means more complaints from parents about other parents. Parents in the rink is 100% more PITA and cost for struggling rinks.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Ban Colts Parents From Rinks

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 1
Views: 2373
Last post February 22, 2021, 04:36:08 PM
by Guest
Lawnmower Parents