Author Topic: Oktay Armagan  (Read 20392 times)

Description:
Reply #10:
 April 01, 2019, 03:38:43 PM
You might have missed this article last week. It's long but it's a very informative and detail oriented deep dive into tier 1 and tier ll.

AAA, Elite, High Energy The Cost Of The Top Level Abbreviation
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #11:
 April 01, 2019, 06:18:47 PM
The reason tier II clubs like this field independent AAA teams is because they are losing good players, players that often times they have had since mites or squirts, to tier I because the parents want to chase the letter. By offering an "independent AAA" team they offer a similar experience in that while the team will play league games at the tier II (probably AA) level they will play non-league games and tournaments at the AAA level. This gives the player a chance to measure up against tier I kids, gives the parents a chance to see their kid play a higher level of hockey, and gives the organization a chance to keep these kids in the program.

All this is done while minimizing the ridiculous AAA travel demands and also keeping the cost at or near the regular tier II cost.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Hockeymom2

Reply #12:
 April 04, 2019, 09:26:08 AM
The reason tier II clubs like this field independent AAA teams is because they are losing good players, players that often times they have had since mites or squirts, to tier I because the parents want to chase the letter. By offering an "independent AAA" team they offer a similar experience in that while the team will play league games at the tier II (probably AA) level they will play non-league games and tournaments at the AAA level. This gives the player a chance to measure up against tier I kids, gives the parents a chance to see their kid play a higher level of hockey, and gives the organization a chance to keep these kids in the program.

All this is done while minimizing the ridiculous AAA travel demands and also keeping the cost at or near the regular tier II cost.

Sorry but still not understanding. It is independent so what league games are they playing in? I would think that they would travel more since most teams are in AY or NJ. Not understanding your post.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #13:
 April 04, 2019, 09:36:28 AM
Independent teams schedule what they want to schedule, where and when. They don't have a league. Ask if they're registering to play in EJEPL because you will have to pay an EJEPL fee and there is long distance travel. YOu could be in Pittsburgh on Saturday and Connecticut on Sunday. It's whatever the scheduler decides to schedule for the team.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #14:
 April 04, 2019, 11:05:00 AM

Sorry but still not understanding. It is independent so what league games are they playing in? I would think that they would travel more since most teams are in AY or NJ. Not understanding your post.

Independents have or don't have a league to play in. If they apply for something like USPHL or EJEPL they can play there but you'll play all over the place, not normally local. Most independents play their own schedule which means they call around asking other teams if they want to scrimmage, that becomes their schedule. They can play whoever they want to play ie. A, AA, AAA, Girls teams. Anybody, as long as the other team accepts. They normally supplement their independent schedule with EJEPL showcases. A showcase is a weekend where the team will play 4 or 5 meaningless games. They normally play 4 showcases.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #15:
 April 04, 2019, 11:28:54 AM
Some of these independent teams play in leagues like EJEPL. My son's team played in the EJ last year and the furthest we traveled was about a 2 hour drive.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #16:
 April 04, 2019, 02:49:22 PM

Independents have or don't have a league to play in. If they apply for something like USPHL or EJEPL they can play there but you'll play all over the place, not normally local. Most independents play their own schedule which means they call around asking other teams if they want to scrimmage, that becomes their schedule. They can play whoever they want to play ie. A, AA, AAA, Girls teams. Anybody, as long as the other team accepts. They normally supplement their independent schedule with EJEPL showcases. A showcase is a weekend where the team will play 4 or 5 meaningless games. They normally play 4 showcases.

"the team will play 4 or 5 meaningless games."  Just what every parents wants to pay for and lets not discount the massive amounts of time spent getting to those meaningless games.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #17:
 April 04, 2019, 03:07:50 PM
To be clear, "Showcases" are not tournaments. They're designed to show off assets on your roster to recruiters and scouts. Recruiters and scouts do not go to showcases to watch every team that plays in them, they also don't go to all of the showcases either. They go to the high profile showcases, which there are very few. They normally attend with a purpose, which means they are in attendance to see somebody in particular, not everybody. That said, it's mainly high profile midget teams they're interested in, not bantams and below. In most cases the elite independent teams DO play a higher level of hockey. You have to do your homework to identify which ones they are. Myhockeyrankings is a great place to start.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

tree408

Reply #18:
 April 04, 2019, 04:33:21 PM
The EJ showcases are essentially 4 or 5 league games over the course of one weekend.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #19:
 April 04, 2019, 06:34:43 PM
Right, and your "20" game season could be over in 2 months. If it starts in late August, early Sept you could be done by October. We were 2 years in a row with Revolution. The rest of the season until February were nonsensical games played against anybody who wanted to play us. We played in New York, Connecticut and Pittsburgh consistently. The games accounted for nothing.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: