Author Topic: DVHL Update - Rink Capacity And Planning  (Read 11011 times)

Description:

Reply #30:
 August 26, 2020, 01:05:55 PM
I know for me it was all about trying to get my child into a somewhat normal routine again.  He was turning nocturnal and more physically lazy by the day.  Here in VA the kids started hitting the ice again in June.  Hes been through power skates, a shortened house league season, and tryouts.  All of a sudden his attitude is better and he is on a better sleeping schedule.  Thank god for sports.  Oh, and school starts down here on September 8th.  That should be interesting to say the least.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #31:
 August 26, 2020, 01:42:55 PM
Are you saying you are perfectly ok with decisions that have no sensible logic behind them? Life isn't fair if there's a logical explanation, its not the same when there's no reasonable rational for the measures being taken. The governor has repeatedly said his reasons for various size limits are because he says so. They have nothing to do with essential vs non-essential. We're well beyond the need for only essential resources but still he will not release the lock-down. You're ok with that and you fall into the minority which is your right to your opinion but calling me names because I don't agree with you is hateful.

Yep. I'm saying everyone needs to get over themselves and suck it up. No one is saying the kids can't play. They just can't play the way that YOU want them to. It's not about YOU! Seriously, enough. Everyone's continued whining is tedious.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #32:
 August 26, 2020, 01:47:28 PM
I don’t understand why everyone is having a hard time adjusting to change.  Things are different this year.  It will be 4v4 with no checking and no inter-state travel until we start acting responsibly towards each other.  Why is that so hard to contemplate and accept that that is what needs to be done? 

Well said. I truly don't get it either. This is not hard to comprehend. No one is saying the kids can't play. There are going to be changes and modifications. It's not going to be the same. Get over what you want and deal with reality the best you can.

But that's what happens when people don't follow the rules from the begining and now we're in this situation. Stop complaining. Wear a mask. Get over yourselves.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #33:
 August 26, 2020, 03:22:20 PM
The DVHL can't go outside the AAHA's policies or they lose the USA Hockey sanctioning for their events.  This includes the catastrophic out of pocket insurance for all the players.  The clubs collectively voted to push off the season to October and will presumably vote on the modified play format this month.

Western PA falls into the Mid American district, which has taken a hands off approach compared to the AAHA.  If you want to complain, complain to the AAHA first.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #34:
 August 26, 2020, 03:35:01 PM
I know for me it was all about trying to get my child into a somewhat normal routine again.  He was turning nocturnal and more physically lazy by the day.  Here in VA the kids started hitting the ice again in June.  Hes been through power skates, a shortened house league season, and tryouts.  All of a sudden his attitude is better and he is on a better sleeping schedule.  Thank god for sports.  Oh, and school starts down here on September 8th.  That should be interesting to say the least.

Typical poor parenting sounds like. Get him up each day at 6 with a list of chores and by 21:00 he will be ready for bed! Discipline, accountability, structure, and WORK is what a child needs everyday!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #35:
 August 26, 2020, 03:58:51 PM
Typical poor parenting sounds like. Get him up each day at 6 with a list of chores and by 21:00 he will be ready for bed! Discipline, accountability, structure, and WORK is what a child needs everyday!

Heck yea!  Have them dig holes outside and then fill them up like in the military.  Send them on 10 miles runs.  Make sure you are driving behind them with a bull horn to yell at them if they start slacking.  Parents are way too soft!  What are they doing letting their children be children?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #36:
 August 26, 2020, 04:04:57 PM
God I read through the comments and I can't believe what some people are saying. I get it you're afraid to get sick but be realistic your going to get it! Blaming kids for wanting to play and their parents for supporting them and wanting them to and then belittling them both? Sad very sad.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #37:
 August 26, 2020, 04:20:55 PM

Heck yea!  Have them dig holes outside and then fill them up like in the military.  Send them on 10 miles runs.  Make sure you are driving behind them with a bull horn to yell at them if they start slacking.  Parents are way too soft!  What are they doing letting their children be children?

You're an idiot! Hope you enjoy supporting your kids the rest of your life!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #38:
 August 26, 2020, 04:43:08 PM
God I read through the comments and I can't believe what some people are saying. I get it you're afraid to get sick but be realistic your going to get it! Blaming kids for wanting to play and their parents for supporting them and wanting them to and then belittling them both? Sad very sad.

Let's say it louder for those in the back - NO ONE SAID THE KIDS CAN'T PLAY! Parents just have to follow the rules. That means 25 kids only. No full benches. No spectators. But, that's not good enough so most people are having tantrums and pulling out of tournaments. THOSE people are the ones that are keeping the kids from playing. Keep pulling out of tournaments and YOU are hurting kids that want to get back on the ice.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #39:
 August 26, 2020, 06:14:47 PM

Odd, I haven't seen a single person in this thread express any fear of their child getting sick.  What I see are selfish, ignorant people like you, and socially conscious people who realize our actions can have consequences for others.  But hey, if your kid gets to play 5 on 5 that's gotta be worth killing a strangers grandmom.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

DVHL Meeting Update

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 23
Views: 9244
Last post August 17, 2020, 02:04:31 PM
by Guest
pros and cons of DVHL vs EJEPL