Author Topic: Parents being disciplined  (Read 4841 times)

Description:

Parents being disciplined
Topic: September 25, 2019, 02:19:09 PM
So according to the Atlantic District a hard line will be taken this year against disruptive and abusive behavior from parents. Suspensions and fines to be assessed.

Officiating Abuse Zero Tolerance Policy

So lets hear about it folks. Where has the hammer dropped?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #1:
 September 26, 2019, 09:13:37 AM
how do you discipline the parent yelling from the stands
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #2:
 September 26, 2019, 09:35:04 AM
Did you not read the link?
As far as identifying them in the stands that is up to the officials and then they tell the coach.
It is then on the coaches to properly identify who the offender is and provide that information to the officials.
If the coach does not identify the offender the different leagues have their own punishments.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

G D T

Reply #3:
 September 26, 2019, 10:50:31 AM
My issue with this policy is that there are ZERO repercussions for the officials. Who is policing them to make sure they are making the correct calls?  Or if they are abusing this policy?

The thing is, Philly is known for being a$$hole fans to professional sports teams, so of course they are going to take that same level of intensity to their kids sports games. This is 2 part because the Referee's are also from this area, so they too are a$$holes. It just seems like a vicious cycle to me.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #4:
 September 26, 2019, 11:20:15 AM
Already seen a coach tossed throwing f bombs all the way out of the rink. Parents from both sides almost every game so I think the refs mostly don't care because nothing happened to anybody after.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

G D T

Reply #5:
 September 26, 2019, 11:54:51 AM
Barstool Sports

#JustSayin

ADMIN EDIT: Administrator added youtube video
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #6:
 September 26, 2019, 12:02:51 PM
My issue with this policy is that there are ZERO repercussions for the officials. Who is policing them to make sure they are making the correct calls?  Or if they are abusing this policy?

I think you are sorta missing the point. It doesn't matter if the official makes the wrong call or misses a call. You live with it. You accept the fact that it happens and move on.
You are also dead wrong about no repercussions for officials. I know for a fact that ice hockey officials in the Del Val area lose game assignments and are left off assignors lists because of poor performance or bad behavior.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #7:
 September 27, 2019, 04:50:37 PM
Barstool Sports

#JustSayin

ADMIN EDIT: Administrator added youtube video

ADMIN- Thanks for adding a video to my post but unfortunately that video you added to my post is not the angle I was going for.  I was showing the glorification of the Philly mascot throwing punches at a Referee.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #8:
 September 27, 2019, 05:51:17 PM

I think you are sorta missing the point. It doesn't matter if the official makes the wrong call or misses a call. You live with it. You accept the fact that it happens and move on.
You are also dead wrong about no repercussions for officials. I know for a fact that ice hockey officials in the Del Val area lose game assignments and are left off assignors lists because of poor performance or bad behavior.

This isn't exclusive to hockey. All sports have reffing issues. Honestly, I think 95% of them do a good job. Of course there are blown calls, hell we see them every night in pro games, but I think these guys are trying to do their best. The other 5% are either there just for the paycheck or just aren't good. As the previous poster said, the bad ones do start losing assignments, unfortunately, there just aren't enough out there so these guys will still continue to get jobs.
I commend these people for doing it. Sure, they are getting $50-60/game, but to deal with coaches and parents, I'd rather deliver pizza for extra cash.
I was talking to a soccer ref recently. He said he will only do school games because since most are right after school, there's less parents there. Club games on the weekend are packed with parents and doesn't feel like hearing their shit anymore.

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #9:
 September 30, 2019, 11:16:44 AM
Know your assignors for each rink Assignors List // AAHArefs
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Lawnmower Parents

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 2
Views: 4209
Last post March 12, 2019, 09:19:05 AM
by Guest
Parents Perspective: Youth Hockey Pet Peeves