Forum > General Youth Hockey Info

DVHL

<< < (2/3) > >>

Guest:
Stupidity ... how does a team from the winner bracket get eliminated by the loser bracket team after just one win.  They each have one lose.  Why have a playoff and just move the top 2 teams to districts if its a $ issue.

Guest:

--- Quote from: Guest on March 10, 2020, 11:17:44 AM ---Stupidity ... how does a team from the winner bracket get eliminated by the loser bracket team after just one win.  They each have one lose.  Why have a playoff and just move the top 2 teams to districts if its a $ issue.

--- End quote ---

Where do you see this happening? You aren't eliminated until you lose 2.

Guest:
Check the 16AA bracket

Guest:

--- Quote from: Guest on March 10, 2020, 11:16:47 AM ---
--- Quote from: Guest on March 10, 2020, 10:49:40 AM ---I think at U16 and U18 the top teams don't participate in playoffs and get byes right to districts

--- End quote ---

National Bound levels have always had the 1st place team get an automatic bye to districts. The other teams still play a double elimination playoff to determine the 2nd place team.

--- End quote ---

At the A level, first place gets automatic byes

Guest:
Ok, I do see what you are talking about. Blazers advanced to the final play in game without losing. Delco lost one, then advanced to the play in game. Delco then beat the Blazers to advance to play Genesis.
I'm guessing it has always been done that way, not sure. It seems like the playoff the first weekend is sort of to determine the 2nd and 3rd place teams in Districts. So Blazers advance as the #2 team and Delco is #3. They then play one final game to determine who plays in the District final. The Blazers did benefit from only having to play 2 games that weekend where as Delco played 3. 

Looks like 14AA and 18AA had the same format. The schedule is there ahead of time so its not like the DVHL is changing the rules as they go along.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version