Author Topic: Open Letter To The DVHL  (Read 29688 times)

Description:

Reply #10:
 March 13, 2019, 03:52:46 PM
I can answer that one. 3 of their players were illegally rostered on Valley Forge Colonials.

I'm trying to figure out how that is a Team Philadelphia issue, sounds to me like the Colonials are the ones who should be in trouble with the DVHL. 

sounds like folks are making assumptions about the 16u team without any real knowledge or evidence. Isn't it the DVHL's job to address these issues with 16 and 12 girls? Why is the league dropping the ball? what else aren't they doing?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #11:
 March 13, 2019, 03:59:51 PM
Nobody contacted us, we found out by checking the standings with 2 games left in the season. On Friday they were in 2nd place in the league, on Saturday morning they were 6th place in the league and 6pts out of the 5th playoff spot. They didn't make the playoffs. I don't know how the DVHL handled their discipline besides making them forfeit our game and a game against Wintersport. The VFC team was terrible to begin the season and then all of a sudden they were better than everybody else. Wasn't too hard to figure out they were cheating.

Not from VFC, but know some about this situation. The league sent an email to either all the clubs or to at least all of the 16A National clubs on 1/31 informing everyone of the situation and the specific games that were impacted. If you did not get it, then someone in your org did not share it.
Yes, there were only 2 weeks left in the season, but the league was not informed of the infraction until early January and it took that long to investigate. The league determined they did not follow the rules, then VFC went through an appeal process with the league. They had to appoint an 3 person independent group to hear the appeal which upheld the decision.
I believe it was about 2 weeks later that the coach then appealed directly to the Atlantic District. They overturned the DVHL ruling and required the league to give them back the forfeits. That started a whole fight which delayed the playoffs.
A few notes.
Yes, they weren't playing that great in the beginning of the season, but they had a bunch of injuries and at one point had to pull up kids from the A American team to help fill out the roster.
They legally picked up a very good player(who was a former colonial) right before the 12/31 roster freeze. At that point they were also healthy which is why they won their last 10 games. Though if you look at their schedule, they really only beat 2 playoff teams during that run. They lucked out playing the bottom of the division at the end.
From what I was told, the kid from TP who was deemed the illegal player(and was also a long time Colonial), was technically allowed to be rostered on VFC. He played on the TP 16AA 2003 team which is not part of the DVHL and was not a National Bound team. I've heard different opinions on this, but based on the rules, he could play for them. Where they screwed up was not properly rostering him. After all that, I think he ended up quitting.

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #12:
 March 13, 2019, 04:03:46 PM
I can answer that one. 3 of their players were illegally rostered on Valley Forge Colonials.

I'm trying to figure out how that is a Team Philadelphia issue, sounds to me like the Colonials are the ones who should be in trouble with the DVHL. 

Exactly.
Team Philadelphia didn't play in the DVHL so the DVHL had no justification over them.
On the other point made, I don't understand how any tier 2 league could force anyone or any team to play tier 1.  That is just stupid.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #13:
 March 13, 2019, 04:05:38 PM

Not from VFC, but know some about this situation. The league sent an email to either all the clubs or to at least all of the 16A National clubs on 1/31 informing everyone of the situation and the specific games that were impacted. If you did not get it, then someone in your org did not share it.
Yes, there were only 2 weeks left in the season, but the league was not informed of the infraction until early January and it took that long to investigate. The league determined they did not follow the rules, then VFC went through an appeal process with the league. They had to appoint an 3 person independent group to hear the appeal which upheld the decision.
I believe it was about 2 weeks later that the coach then appealed directly to the Atlantic District. They overturned the DVHL ruling and required the league to give them back the forfeits. That started a whole fight which delayed the playoffs.
A few notes.
Yes, they weren't playing that great in the beginning of the season, but they had a bunch of injuries and at one point had to pull up kids from the A American team to help fill out the roster.
They legally picked up a very good player(who was a former colonial) right before the 12/31 roster freeze. At that point they were also healthy which is why they won their last 10 games. Though if you look at their schedule, they really only beat 2 playoff teams during that run. They lucked out playing the bottom of the division at the end.
From what I was told, the kid from TP who was deemed the illegal player(and was also a long time Colonial), was technically allowed to be rostered on VFC. He played on the TP 16AA 2003 team which is not part of the DVHL and was not a National Bound team. I've heard different opinions on this, but based on the rules, he could play for them. Where they screwed up was not properly rostering him. After all that, I think he ended up quitting.

That's hilarious. I sent the notification on 12/2 advising our board that there were a number of players on the ice who weren't on the score sheet. I had pictures and video, my own and Livebarn to prove it. Something is so wrong with how the DVHL operates. The fact that the Colonials had an opportunity to appeal is a complete joke.

None of the players in that game were identified, nor were they approved by the league to play. That came directly from Dave Jackson DVHL VP.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #14:
 March 13, 2019, 04:34:19 PM

A few notes.

That's hilarious. I sent the notification on 12/2 advising our board that there were a number of players on the ice who weren't on the score sheet. I had pictures and video, my own and Livebarn to prove it. Something is so wrong with how the DVHL operates. The fact that the Colonials had an opportunity to appeal is a complete joke.

None of the players in that game were identified, nor were they approved by the league to play. That came directly from Dave Jackson DVHL VP.

I could have my time line a little off, too many rumors floating around. I was told it was reported in January, but obviously you reported earlier than that. I was only aware of the TP kid, didn't realize there were others. I know they pulled up kids from the American team, were the other 3 from there?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

James

Reply #15:
 March 13, 2019, 04:41:26 PM
That’s a simple answer for the girls. They were granted Tier 1 (rules state to be T1 you must be a full time team) now ...... what they did is break the rules and did not register themselves in MAWHA.

What some don’t know ...... who coached this illegal mysterious 12aaa team? Pete Rothmans daughter.....yep the VP of girls Hockey in the Atlantic district and commissioner of MAWHA.....who else is VP of MAWHA.....John Graves.
Then you have a person named Dan Simcox who is an absolute idiot....but can manipulate the rules with the help of Rothman and Graves.
The “being able to move 12u players” was supposed to help team that didn’t have enough to have 2 teams so nobody get left out..... but these people had 3 teams. Complete jerkoffs in my opinion......but Glen Hefferan will never go against them no matter how many rules they break....but he will go after players that refuse to play for them and try and prevent the growth of the game.

Promote the game NOT a club !!!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

James

Reply #16:
 March 13, 2019, 04:45:54 PM
The problem is with the AAHA district.....not the league.

Contact Casey Jorgenson from USA Hockey legal team and have him look at all this stuff.

It’s a definite conflict that the AAHA feeds and promotes a club that should be sanctioned by USA Hockey but the district covers everything up.

Prove me wrong
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #17:
 March 13, 2019, 04:54:00 PM
sounds more like the board needs to be shaken up, isn't that what pushes this as well? Maybe we parents need to start showing up at the board meetings so they know we are paying attention to what impacts our kids.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

tree408

Reply #18:
 March 13, 2019, 04:54:01 PM
Promote the game NOT a club !!!

So we're in agreement, let the kids from TP play in the DVHL!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

James

Reply #19:
 March 13, 2019, 04:59:26 PM
With the girls at 16 and 12 it’s a MAWHA and District issue.
Rothman VP girls Hockey and commissioner of MAWHA
Rothmans daughter is coach of the illegal 12 team.

The girls 16 team....the pride of the organization.....illegal rostered players
No sanctions handed out from Rothman or Hefferan or anybody in AAHA because of the impact it could have on that team.....
Again promoting the team and club before the sport itself
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Open Period (Recruiting) — dvhl/ayhl

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 20
Views: 13063
Last post May 11, 2020, 08:42:14 AM
by Guest
Snider Hockey Registration Still Open