Author Topic: Flyers Elite AAA 2013 Team  (Read 15150 times)

Description:

Reply #50:
 February 07, 2022, 11:10:46 PM
FE will be fine. the rink and two spring programs are bringing kids in now, they started last Friday and it was a good skate. anything below 2010 will be aight next year. they just need more people.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest19077,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #51:
 February 08, 2022, 12:50:18 AM
I’m so confused with everyone on their  high horses…On this thread…Please  PLEASE someone enlighten me. I know everyone is still bitter over all the FE gear they bought last year…It’s time to turn the page…

It’s quite simple:

FE is to PHC, what PHC is to EHF teams (most)
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest14448,
No reactions
Members reacted angry1:
Guest12784,
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #52:
 February 08, 2022, 10:23:15 AM
Wow!  Is this the gold standard of the hockey community everyone praises?  The public bashing of five kids born in the year 2013. Yes, there are only five of them. Five kids who had the guts to put it on the line and take on a new “house” club, while everyone else hid behind the numbers of established teams. These kids weren’t even expected to win one game. Heck, they didn’t even think they would be playing any games this year. This was a developmental year for all five of these kids. Because who wants to peek at mite level. But, somewhere along the way, they struck a chord; now grown men are now ripping them apart. Way to uplift young athletes. And kudos to the kids who took on hand-picked all-star hockey teams; they didn’t shirk from the challenges. It says more about them than the stacked club teams with deep benches.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest10824,Guest11422,Guest16754,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted heartreaction:
Guest14182,

Reply #53:
 February 08, 2022, 10:33:40 AM
and these 5 kids are the core to a AAA program?

FYI AAA teams should be stacked clubs with deep benches.  I'm not going to give my 2 cents on a kid playing AAA in their squirt minor year, but what you described sounds like the parents of 5 underdog kids wanting their little boys to be AAA stars.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest11249,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Guest12646,

Reply #54:
 February 08, 2022, 10:54:26 AM
Wait, you forgot to mention how they all made AAA Squirt Spring teams at Organizations everyone is comparing them to… and they are also trying to be picked up for the Fall for those teams as well.

Yet, that’s besides the point. We are happy to make relationships with other rinks with the same values. We are happy to have new talent walk through our doors. We are building a family and a culture. No one knows what will happen next year but I can tell you no one is worried at Pennsauken. Why are you?

Can you all look at yourselves in the mirror after attacking children behind anonymity? Referring to kids under the same roof as you as leftovers? Wow. We’ll take any kid that wants to be developed and Coached any day at Pennsauken. Instead of worrying about what our parents are paying and choosing for their kids.. how about you look your players parents in the eye and tell them what you really think about their kids. Disgraceful.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Guest11693,

Reply #55:
 February 08, 2022, 11:36:28 AM
Again, I won't go into the insanity of AAA squirt minor, it's almost like those proud parents of AAA mites, but whatever.  You chastise clubs who put together hand picked "all star" rosters, stacked teams with deep benches, I've got bad news for you, that is what AAA hockey is about.  I'd be more concerned that your org could only get 5 kids to play at that level.  I'll give the kids their props for sticking it out and together, but don't kid yourself what AAA hockey is suppose to be, if your club isn't trying to get the best talent on the roster with top notch coaches than why waste time in Tier 1?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest18724,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #56:
 February 08, 2022, 11:37:51 AM
I agree 100% with everything you said.

Keep in mind, you’re responding to parents who traveled to, of all places, Detroit! During a pandemic,  so their elite 7yr old can play hockey.

They also think their coach is responsible for Gaudreau’s success, for the two years he had him on a team when he was 17-18.

We should be discussing what rink they’ll be at next, after they wear their welcome out. Maybe back to Pennsauken?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest10749,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #57:
 February 08, 2022, 12:05:57 PM
It’s not really concerning at all. Taking new to travel hockey kids, developing them over a Season, and now the kids that they are old enough to move up … are making AAA Squirt teams at other reputable Organizations? The rest of the kids have 1-3 years left at Mite level.

None of the parents at Pennsauken are “letter chasers.” They want the right environment for their kids to develop and grow as athletes and players. If their kids end up being at the level, then so be it. We will continue to build the Pilots and FE from the ground up. I think our only downfall is not having a Bar in the rink, that seems to be the biggest money grab of them all.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest14713,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #58:
 February 08, 2022, 04:10:15 PM
Some of these parents are raising the Brock Turners of their kids generation and it shows.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #59:
 February 08, 2022, 04:45:34 PM
In my best Allen Iverson voice...