Author Topic: tier !  (Read 20138 times)

Description:

Reply #90:
 March 24, 2022, 01:40:32 PM
What do you care? Honestly? Does it effect you? NO, is it your Money? NO, is it your child? NO

You are just a angry individual and hate to see kids play at a high level, was your kid Cut? Were you cut as a kid?

Nobody cares what you think, you are just one of them parents who hate everything. Grow up
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest10454,Guest13975,Guest18595,Guest18277,Guest14787,Guest14916,Guest17714,Guest13789,
Guest15812,Guest16453,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #91:
 March 24, 2022, 01:49:10 PM
just curious with 9 thumbs up in a matter of a couple 3 minutes, how many did you give yourself 😂🤣😂🤣. I'm kidding you somewhat but agree with what you said 100%. I have said it many times it's the parents money to make and spend however they want, period.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #92:
 March 24, 2022, 02:01:48 PM
What do you care? Honestly? Does it effect you? NO, is it your Money? NO, is it your child? NO

You are just a angry individual and hate to see kids play at a high level, was your kid Cut? Were you cut as a kid?

Nobody cares what you think, you are just one of them parents who hate everything. Grow up

No my kid made Jr Flyers AAA last year and we chose not to do it. Played AA. I am made because 50% of AAA players should not be on a AAA team. Not good enough at this age. 50% of AAA teams should fold and make AA better, which would make A better and on down the line. You think you are helping your kid, but you are hurting them. And by you I mean parents who play kid at AAA knowing they are not good enough but want the jacket. Wake up to the fact the rinks are screwing you for their own profits!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest16639,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #93:
 March 24, 2022, 02:19:38 PM
But it is not every Tri State AAA team that is watered down. i know from watching that the 2011's has a ton of talent in the Tri-state area. The top teams like NJC & Lehigh & PHC, Woodbridge are legit AAA teams and have from top to bottom really good players that would not get better by playing AA because they do not play against the top the Country's Talent. You only get better by playing kids that are better than you and doing it over and over. So if i am a parent and my kid has done really well at A/AA why not make a push for a AAA team and play the best? that is the goal right? Some kids work there asses off to get to that level even if they are 9 or 10, the main goal is to develop and get better. If he/she doesn't make it you can always go back and work harder.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #94:
 March 24, 2022, 02:53:30 PM

No my kid made Jr Flyers AAA last year and we chose not to do it. Played AA. I am made because 50% of AAA players should not be on a AAA team. Not good enough at this age. 50%
[/quote]

If your kid was on Jr Flyers 16U AAA in 20-21 smart move that team was all tier ll A players. Several went back to A this past season
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #95:
 March 24, 2022, 03:27:29 PM
It’s always the parents that aren’t playing AAA, that talk shit about it. If you take the “games” out of a AAA program. You have

1: More practices
2: More travel
3: Better coaching (for the most part)
4: More experienced players
5: Committed parents (and more crazies)
6: Extended seasons
7: Better value (in south jersey) per ice touch/camp/equipment/clinics/off ice

Just to name a few…

Friendships are formed much earlier and faster with all the early practices and overnight tournaments. Bonds are much deeper for kids and parent, with all the time spent tougher…The “fun” happens much sooner…And continues after the season…This is what sports are suppose to be.

My kid wants to have fun with his friends. He loves going to practice. However we aren’t chasing rankings and his coach isn’t screaming down their throat.

Not every parent or kids wants this.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest19223,Guest16014,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #96:
 March 24, 2022, 10:20:09 PM
I totally agree with that but why take the “games” out of it? My son played 60+ games as a AAA squirt last season and though I admittedly couldn’t have been happier when season FINALLY ended, the kids weren’t and the 15+ extra games served to give them even more experience against top notch competition. One of the commentators above is right, playing below my sons talent level to save money would have been a waste of time and he would not have been challenged enough playing A. If a parent and kid wants to letter chase and the kid is good enough, why not? AAA kids are working on and off ice to get better too, not just the A/AA kids. You make it sound like AAA kids don’t also go through puberty.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest13833,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #97:
 March 24, 2022, 11:35:58 PM
My point- not everyone is chasing letters like so many people have said.

And to address all of the parents knocking AAA.

The games without a doubt are a much better. But that’s not the only attraction
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #98:
 March 25, 2022, 06:19:33 AM
If your kid was on Jr Flyers 16U AAA in 20-21 smart move that team was all tier ll A players. Several went back to A this past season
Are you talking Jr Flyers or Little Flyers?  Either way saying all tier 2 is a joke, most players went back for the 18U season and both had to battle it out to go to nationals this season.  If they're tier 2 than that is one strong A or AA team.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #99:
 March 25, 2022, 06:33:53 AM
It’s always the parents that aren’t playing AAA, that talk shit about it. If you take the “games” out of a AAA program. You have

1: More practices
2: More travel
3: Better coaching (for the most part)
4: More experienced players
5: Committed parents (and more crazies)
6: Extended seasons
7: Better value (in south jersey) per ice touch/camp/equipment/clinics/off ice
Totally agree, but also think all of the above before bantam is a total waste of time.  Do you honestly think AAA mites is a huge value for the $$?  My son is an '05AAA player and I can tell you honestly most of his team did not play AAA at mite or squirt, some started at PW, most when they would have moved to bantam at tier II.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest10473,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Hollydell 2018 tier 1 status? Is this happening?

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 0
Views: 8803
Last post May 14, 2018, 09:09:33 AM
by Youth Hockey Info
Educate me on Tier 1 Programs

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 5
Views: 7212
Last post November 21, 2018, 07:46:23 AM
by Guest
Tier 1 vs Tier ll Hockey A to Z - More Bang For the Buck?

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 19
Views: 37336
Last post June 29, 2020, 08:41:10 AM
by Guest
Revolution Youth Tier II

Started by RevolutionBoard Youth Hockey Info Center

Replies: 0
Views: 9426
Last post March 06, 2019, 12:36:45 PM
by Revolution
Revolution Youth Tier ll NEW PRICING!