Author Topic: DVHL Declarations a Disaster!  (Read 17746 times)

Description:

Reply #20:
 May 18, 2022, 10:19:02 AM
The ej league map has plenty of competition at all levels.

24 in ny, 11 in nj, 12 in pa in tri state area

and then other states

9 in ct, 10 in va, 7 in md, 3 in ma
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #21:
 May 18, 2022, 10:34:25 AM

and then other states

so are you saying my AA bantam may have to go to CT, MA, Up State NY or Southern VA to play a full schedule of AA hockey? I was told we would play EJ which I took as Jersey teams. This isn't tier 1, if I'd known that I would have stayed with his old club and went AHF, this is nuts.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #22:
 May 18, 2022, 10:52:21 AM
How is it nuts we don't even know what our schedule is going to look like but if I had to guess we'll travel a few times like showcase weekends and play our long distances games in one weekend. How is it any different from AHF who are doing the same? If you left because of that you'd feel stupid when you got to AHF because it's the same game plan. And you'll still play your tournaments just like use. AHF travel vs DVHL travel is the same except DVHL has more teams to play against.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #23:
 May 18, 2022, 11:04:48 AM
Wissahickon is already AHF. Lancaster half season AHF, full next year, Hershey is all but done. Delco and Genesis are the only thing holding the DV together, once they go DV is dead
I saw Cap City is back from the dead. How are THEY a thing but Hershey is dead? Confusing. Anyway, do they still have their roller hockey uniforms?
From what I heard was Hershey can no longer play out of Twin Ponds. I was told that they lost a lot of kids to the Vipers, not sure if this is true but if it is it would make sense.

Some went to Vipers, many Hershey kids went to Palmyra - especially the 2009 and younger kids
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #24:
 May 18, 2022, 11:42:27 AM

and then other states

The league map shown is last year's map.  I know there are teams listed there that aren't doing the EJ this year.  Also, the way the EJ works, just because a team is listed doesn't mean that organization sends teams at all levels, many of them don't.  There are also several things shown on that map that are special situations with limited age groups that won't help the run of the mill 14UA team get games.

It will be interesting to see how they actually handle the EJ situation, whether they do the showcase model with selected EJ league games in between (you play a small selection of teams home and homelike they did before) or if it's just showcases.  Either way it's going to be more travel than you typically have in DVHL.  Even if it's just Woodbridge or Montclair or something like that.  The only way it's not is if all the showcases are at Hatfield or Ice Works and that hoses the other clubs.  Some of them surely will be there but I doubt that it will be all of them.

The DVHL teams probably wont be scheduled against each other, which then means they'd get the NJ/NYC teams and maybe MD and VA depending how it works out.  Yes there are options to play against, but there aren't as many as that map makes it look like.  DVHL teams won't be scheduled against upstate NY or MA, or RI or likely CT unless it's in a showcase, but who knows where that showcase will take place. Maybe it's at IceWorks or Hatfield, maybe it's in North Jersey or on Long Island as they've also been in the past.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #25:
 May 18, 2022, 11:48:14 AM
Some went to Vipers, many Hershey kids went to Palmyra - especially the 2009 and younger kids
Wild. Vipers lose their rink and go to Twin Ponds then end up outlasting Hershey at that rink.  The politics of all of that have to be fascinating.  Clearly Vipers and the Bear are friends and Hershey is not but it's odd how that worked out that way when Hershey has always been the stronger organization.  Wonder how that came about and what the Bear said to both orgs.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #26:
 May 18, 2022, 12:03:35 PM
How is it nuts we don't even know what our schedule is going to look like but if I had to guess we'll travel a few times like showcase weekends and play our long distances games in one weekend. How is it any different from AHF who are doing the same? If you left because of that you'd feel stupid when you got to AHF because it's the same game plan. And you'll still play your tournaments just like use. AHF travel vs DVHL travel is the same except DVHL has more teams to play against.
From what I was told by the organization we went to was it would be a Saturday or Sunday scheduled games like the DVHL schedule last year. Showcases were not mentioned to me that's why the thought was nuts, showcases change it a bit. The club should have done better with how they presented the EJ.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #27:
 May 18, 2022, 12:13:07 PM
From what I was told by the organization we went to was it would be a Saturday or Sunday scheduled games like the DVHL schedule last year. Showcases were not mentioned to me that's why the thought was nuts, showcases change it a bit. The club should have done better with how they presented the EJ.
It will be interesting to see.  Saturday/Sunday like before definitely increases the travel.  It also raises the possibility of doing 2 games set in one place to cover your long distance games.  A game at like 10 and another at 4 in the same place, on the same day, against the same team, to prevent you from having to go up there twice or spend the night.  We've done that a couple times.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #28:
 May 18, 2022, 12:40:16 PM
Well that is what it is. We will meet those long distance travel games a few different times for weekend sets but it isn't a showcase it will be league games. Just saying it would be similar to travel we are already used to but theres no extra burden because we still get to pick our tournaments wherever we want to go to and whenever. It's travel hockey and if you don't want to travel don't sign your kids up.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #29:
 May 18, 2022, 12:50:08 PM
Why is ahf and bb so concerned with what dv nj and ej are doing?
I don't think AHF or BB care in the least. People on here are paying attention for the same reason people watch car crashes or internet videos of people getting hit in the junk.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

pros and cons of DVHL vs EJEPL

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 22
Views: 15191
Last post March 18, 2019, 01:44:21 PM
by Guest
2019 DVHL Applications