Author Topic: Dedicated to AAA & Jr. Parents  (Read 18080 times)

Description:

Reply #40:
 July 12, 2022, 10:55:06 AM
Is every AAA parent a letter chaser, just because they want to play and practice more? Tier 2, ADM model, isn’t that attractive. Maybe one day you’ll understand.
Up tp a certain age, absolutely. I wouldn't personally want more practices. During the season on his Tier 2 team they plays 60-70 games, 2 weekly practices plus a weekly goalie clinic (ran by the organization at no extra cost) and every other week he goes to public/open hockey all for a third the price as Tier 1 that asked him to play.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #41:
 July 12, 2022, 12:20:48 PM
If that’s true…Then is must be true that everyone that isn’t playing AAA is just jealous they can’t, for whatever reason…True haters…

In south jersey AAA cost about 1,000 more than tier 2. But you get a lot more. And you’re not winning games standing still, that end in the 2nd period.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #42:
 July 12, 2022, 12:39:47 PM
If that’s true…Then is must be true that everyone that isn’t playing AAA is just jealous they can’t, for whatever reason…True haters…

In south jersey AAA cost about 1,000 more than tier 2. But you get a lot more. And you’re not winning games standing still, that end in the 2nd period.

AAA is more than $1000 Dif ,if you play on an B A AA team and every parent put in an extra $1000 you could practice 3x a week and still have plenty of money left over for tournaments or non league games no one is hating on not being able to play AAA
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #43:
 July 12, 2022, 12:41:32 PM
Anyone that wants to play AAA and has the money to waste can. This was proven this spring when our AA team went up against AAA teams in spring tournaments and won. The other clubs didn't hide that fact and even advertised on their site about being AAA playing in top AAA tournaments. I have the money to waste but am smarter than to fall into the letter chasing trap. I pay $2400 for his club and the AAA offers that he got were at a cost of $6800 and $7100.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #44:
 July 12, 2022, 12:53:45 PM
Who cares? AAA or AA means nothing below 14 or 15 years of age. There are multiple players In SEPA & SJ from 2011 & 2012 teams that played AAA last year and this year are now AA players. There is not much difference between the top AA players and 75% of AAA players. The real separation as the kids hit 14, 15 or 16 years old. All this talk about Squirt & PeeWee AAA vs. AA is useless. Let the AAA parents do what they want and we (AA parents) will do what we want. Once the teenage years hit, the AAA parents will wake up to what we are saying. There's a kid on my sons 2012 AA team that has a 18 year old brother. His parents had the older brother play AAA at 1st year Squirt. After that he moved to AA until Midget when he moved back to AAA. 4 players on the Midget team were on his AAA Squirt team. The other players were 25% from other AAA teams the 75% played AA or A until 2nd year Bantam. The point these parent made was until puberty hits you just don't know. Puberty really separates the kids for 2 reasons: 1) Kids grow, get stronger and catch up to other kids  and 2) more AAA kids than AA kids lose interest in hockey in their teenage years due to burnout.

I am not saying this will happen to all AAA kids, but burnout is more prevalent in kids that play AAA before bantam than kids that play AA or even A. This happens in all sports and not just ice hockey. Youth top level soccer, baseball and basketball players burnout more as well. This is why lacrosse is slowing down "elite" teams & camps before 13 or 14. They tell kids to play light travel and just go out and have a catch. The reason they cited was burnout. Now if a parent or kid wants to pay more money and play AAA, let them. You will not change their minds.

Also to all the AAA parent who say AA kids are jealous, in my case it is just not true. My daughter is a 2nd year Squirt and is a AAA player. She was asked by 2 mixed AAA teams and 2 girls AAA teams to tryout. We declined because she wanted to play EDP soccer this year and made one of the best teams in South/Central NJ. Ice Hockey is her favorite sport and her reasons for not playing AAA were she would miss too many games in the fall due to soccer and  she wants to play multiple sports until she finally has to make a choice. Money was not an issue for AAA as EDP soccer combined with AA hockey i s about $2500 more than AAA and  SJ league soccer combined.

I say to each their own and only time will tell what path was correct!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #45:
 July 12, 2022, 04:46:39 PM
EARLY SPORTS SPECIALIZATION, not playing AAA, leads to burnout. The assumption you’re making is that all young Squirt AAA players do is play hockey. That’s far from the case. My AAA 2012 plays lacrosse in off season and rarely sees the ice at all during Spring and summer. 75% of his teammates do the same thing. Meanwhile we know of lots of kids in the AA program that shares his rink that practice and play year round. What about those kids?? They’re somehow immune from burnout because they play 15 less games during the season?? Everyone keeps saying how puberty is the “great equalizer but last years roster of my nephews  08 FE team is almost exclusively AAA players who played together for years on FE with a few additional AAA players from other teams and one AA player. I could be very wrong if this is a trend not evident at other rinks but I’ve yet to see it. What AAA Bantam team in the tri state area is made up of a majority of kids who played AA or A at Squirt?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest19442,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #46:
 July 12, 2022, 04:59:20 PM
EARLY SPORTS SPECIALIZATION, not playing AAA, leads to burnout. The assumption you’re making is that all young Squirt AAA players do is play hockey. That’s far from the case. My AAA 2012 plays lacrosse in off season and rarely sees the ice at all during Spring and summer. 75% of his teammates do the same thing. Meanwhile we know of lots of kids in the AA program that shares his rink that practice and play year round. What about those kids?? They’re somehow immune from burnout because they play 15 less games during the season?? Everyone keeps saying how puberty is the “great equalizer but last years roster of my nephews  08 FE team is almost exclusively AAA players who played together for years on FE with a few additional AAA players from other teams and one AA player. I could be very wrong if this is a trend not evident at other rinks but I’ve yet to see it. What AAA Bantam team in the tri state area is made up of a majority of kids who played AA or A at Squirt?

AAA teams skate year round. Burnout happens when playing 1 sport 8 months or more each year. That is hockey. Also, over use injuries occur and kids under the age of 14 should only play one sport per season and not multiple sports. Do not tell me your kids hardly see the ice during the summer. What is your definition of hardly- two days per week. AAA and even AA parents are delusional. I will tell you about my kids. Since May 1 until this past weekend, they were on the ice exactly 2 times. That is what is called shutting your kid down. During this time they played lacrosse , swim team and off ice strength. That is it. I have been around this game long enough to know you are FOS! Your AAA coach would not allow your kid to be away more than 2 weeks. They are crazy and so are you!!!!!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #47:
 July 12, 2022, 05:25:15 PM
Blah, blah, blah. You are all idiots. AAA, AA, A, B, who cares? Let the kids be kids and have fun. ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: