Forum > Youth Hockey Info Center

AAA Hockey Rules on Feeder Program

(1/2) > >>

Guest:
Seeking information. Pennsauken's feeder team is Igloo Jags. Pilots Mite team is a AAA full ice mite non-sanctioned USAH team. If Jags have Tier II AA, A, B and inhouse teams to feed Flyers Elite, can Pennsauken start another Squirt team and play under Pilots banner?  I thought AAA teams could only have one rink to feed their AAA program? This would give Flyers Elite two separate Squirt programs to draw players from.

Guest:
AAA teams can draw from anywhere.  They do not have just a feeder program.

Guest:
AAA feeder program is every team that isn't in the ayhl or is. There is always going to be plenty crazy parents who are willing to dump their bank account into a tier 1 hockey program.

Guest:
I know they can draw from anywhere. You need a feeder program to get AAA status though. You also can draw from any rink, with limitations due to transfer rules within AAA. If kids come from AA/A/B program, you can take as many as you want. But can you have 2 affiliated feeder programs? I was told you can only have one affiliated feeder rink while drawing 3-4 transfer players per year from other AAA programs. This is to stop rinks from poaching entire teams. So the Venom kids left Pennsauken for Holydell last year to form the 2012 PHC team. That was fine as Venom are unaffiliated mite AAA. But this year PHC 2012 could not take more that 3-4 players from another Squirt AAA program. Also Holydell feeds their program from Hurricanes and Havoc. Could Holydell start a Venom Squirt team if they wanted? I do not think they can. That is my questions. Can Pennsuakend have Igloo Jags as their feeder program, but then start a Squirt team under the Pilots banner and use this to feed Elite? I do no think this is legal.

Guest:
So Pennsauken could start an Independent Pilots Squirt team and use this to feed Elite? How does Independent team get games if not in league. Seems like it would be tough with new AHF league. Also, would Igloo allow Pennsauken to start Squirt team? Seems it would take players from Igloo since these are sister rinks and BBSG owned

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version