Author Topic: BREAKING: The Rink At Lehigh Valley has been sold  (Read 20217 times)

Description:

Reply #20:
 May 08, 2022, 02:36:30 PM
BB could have bought the Rink, that would cost be compition for Steel Ice. The fact that the Rink sold their other building to St Luke's last yr, the writing was on the wall
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #21:
 May 08, 2022, 02:48:31 PM
I don't think BB buys single rinks and Pulley over prices his garbage so that's 2 things against the rink right off the bat.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #22:
 May 08, 2022, 02:58:40 PM
BB could have bought the Rink, that would cost be compition for Steel Ice. The fact that the Rink sold their other building to St Luke's last yr, the writing was on the wall
I love the ridiculous speculation. There's no collusion with SIC. Everyone wanted LVIA to stay open. The place needed 1-2 million dollars worth of work. Doesn't it tell you how bad things were that Black Bear had no interest? Business is business. The place was falling down and hemorrhaging money.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #23:
 May 08, 2022, 04:02:10 PM
Definitely collusion with SIC.  Owner of SIC is one of the buying partners of LVIA!!!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #24:
 May 09, 2022, 08:10:00 AM
WoW, I am at SIC 2-3 times a week if not more and this is the 1st I heard this. Where did you hear that the owner of SIC is a buying partner? This is interesting if true. Maybe they will finally build a 3rd sheet at SIC with the equipment from The Rink in White Hall.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #25:
 May 09, 2022, 08:53:44 AM
Not all rinks are good candidates to be bought and saved. Single sheet rinks are hard to successfully build a profitable business around. BB's MO is to buy rinks that are failing so they can pay under market value for them.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #26:
 May 09, 2022, 09:41:36 AM
This is not necessarily true…BB has bought a number of single sheet rinks.  What is likely more compelling for them is what teams they are able to control.  Sadly, the LV Rebels don’t likely represent a compelling case for them.  They already succeeded in taking over enough rinks and clubs to launch the AHF (as well as the THF), and the Rebels don’t really add anything for them.

Funny that some of you still buy the story that they are out there rescuing old facilities.  While they are putting some money into some older rinks, this is really a well coordinated and orchestrated attempt to privatize amateur hockey - and they are doing it at all levels, youth recreational hockey, youth competitive hockey, girls hockey, adult hockey.  They’ve already succeeded in PA/NJ.  Look out CT, you may be next.  I would also be a bit concerned if I was running the AYHL.  While the THF may be a showcase league this year, I’m sure they will re-launch as a primary Tier 1 league in the near future.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #27:
 May 09, 2022, 09:59:10 AM
The Rebels really didn't add anything to any league. The league that will be affected the most is the scholastic league. Practice and game slots will be hard to find without the Rink. Steel Ice during travel season will not have available ice for practices. The Phantoms out of Steel Ice are there on both sheets from about 4-1:30 Monday thru Thursday. Throw in the couple Colleges that are out of Steel Ice and that leaves maybe Friday for some practices or games. I think 3 colleges also played out of the Rink that will have to find ice. I believe KU used to play out of Body Zone so that maybe an option for them. I think the person on here that said about Steel Ice adding a 3rd sheet is onto something, they would fill those slots with ease.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #28:
 May 09, 2022, 10:08:56 AM
That's 4-1030 Monday thru Friday
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #29:
 May 09, 2022, 12:28:10 PM
Definitely collusion with SIC.  Owner of SIC is one of the buying partners of LVIA!!!
Alex Jones has entered the Youth Hockey discussion...
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: