Author Topic: New THF Tier 1 league  (Read 25338 times)

Description:

Reply #50:
 June 01, 2022, 05:33:12 PM
Weak is an understatement! I guess the only thing that will save THF is the 2011 Mercer team. They are a powerhouse according to one poster. Thank heavens for the Chiefs. What would we do without them!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #51:
 June 02, 2022, 07:40:35 AM
Aside from a few age groups at the different orgs the THF South has the bottom of the AYHL barrel
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #52:
 June 02, 2022, 11:16:22 AM
The THF has to start somewhere.  So they are.  It might not be a great league during the first year.

But I wouldn't count BB out.

The THF will be the premier AAA league in a couple of years.  Bet on it.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #53:
 June 02, 2022, 11:18:30 AM
Yes, MHR announced that a few weeks ago. I think it is a good thing. Just go and play hockey

MYHockey Rankings will continue to collect game scores and calculate performance ratings for 10U/U11 teams. Teams in this age group will even continue to be listed in descending order of rating. However, we are going to discontinue the practice of assigning a numerical ranking to 10U/U11 teams in the United States and Canada.

Just to clarify:

10U is US squirt age bracket (this year 2012 and 2013 birth years)
U11 is Canadian squirt age bracket (this year 2012 and 2013 birth years)

MHR will be ranking teams from Pee Wee Minor and above based upon their recent changes to the ranking system.  That means that the 2011's and older ages will continue to be ranked.  While I don't think the ranking mean anything, they are relatively accurate and are a great tool for scheduling competitive games. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #54:
 June 02, 2022, 11:25:55 AM
The THF has to start somewhere.  So they are.  It might not be a great league during the first year.

But I wouldn't count BB out.

The THF will be the premier AAA league in a couple of years.  Bet on it.

Agree with this 100%.  In 2 short years, the AHF has gutted the NJYHL and DVHL with both leagues hanging on by a thread.  The THF is following the same model and, within 5 years, the AYHL, NJYHL, and DVHL will cease to exist.  I don't think it will be the premier AAA league (the EHF has that distinction by a mile), but the THF will be an expanded version of the current AYHL.  What will truly be interesting to see is if BB pulls its leagues from the Atlantic District altogether and how these new leagues effect how the district is run in the future. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #55:
 June 02, 2022, 01:48:21 PM
In 2 short years, the AHF has gutted the NJYHL and DVHL with both leagues hanging on by a thread. 
Let's be fair, BB lumped it's teams with some non-BB owners, but someone like Graves and the other owners of truly premier Tier 1 clubs who are getting national exposure now may be less likely to move to a start up tier 1 org.  Now that I said it Jr Flyers and Jersey Avalanche will announce they're making the move haha.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #56:
 June 02, 2022, 01:50:23 PM
AHF didn't gut anything, BB pulled it's teams from the leagues.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #57:
 June 02, 2022, 02:38:26 PM
AHF didn't gut anything, BB pulled it's teams from the leagues.

I know it is splitting hairs, and we lump BB in with the AHF.  But BB owns the AHF, so in this case the point is valid. 

Technically, they are 2 different organizations, but both serve Mitch and Murray from the home office.  ABC.....Always Be Closing.  Bonus points for knowing what "AIDA" means....
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #58:
 June 02, 2022, 02:51:20 PM
Let's be fair, BB lumped it's teams with some non-BB owners, but someone like Graves and the other owners of truly premier Tier 1 clubs who are getting national exposure now may be less likely to move to a start up tier 1 org.  Now that I said it Jr Flyers and Jersey Avalanche will announce they're making the move haha.
[/quote]

When has BB ever "lost"?  Their will becomes reality.  Get on board with the THF.   
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #59:
 June 02, 2022, 05:08:39 PM
Hollydell, NJ Avs, LVPY, NJ Bandits, NJ Rockets, PAL Islanders, Valley Forge Colonials, S-WB Knights, etc. all are non-BB owned and left their respective (more established leagues) and joined the AHF for this coming season.  It absolutely left the NJYHL and DVHL scrambling and begging teams like Montclair Blues, NJC, Red Bank, Colts, etc. not to leave.  But it's only a matter of time before another domino falls and it all comes crashing down to the benefit of the AHF.  To think Tier 1 hockey will be far behind is foolish as teams will get the national attention as long as they put out a good product, regardless of what league they play in.  The NJ Rockets have one of the best midget programs around and they barely play in a league at all.  The LI Gulls are no longer in any league and they are a top program at 15, 16 and 18 (we all know why - but that's another matter entirely).

My kid plays for an AYHL team, so I'm not shilling for BB, the AHF or the THF.  In fact, I think what they are doing is going to be horrible for the sport and drive up costs for parents even more in the long run.  But anyone with open eyes can see what's coming and it ultimately will lead to the end of the current setup of youth hockey in this area as we know it.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Hollydell 2018 tier 1 status? Is this happening?

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 0
Views: 8497
Last post May 14, 2018, 09:09:33 AM
by Youth Hockey Info
Metro Elite League

Started by GuestBoard Youth Hockey Info Center

Replies: 3
Views: 4967
Last post May 16, 2018, 08:19:06 AM
by Guest
Educate me on Tier 1 Programs

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 5
Views: 6958
Last post November 21, 2018, 07:46:23 AM
by Guest
Tier 1 vs Tier ll Hockey A to Z - More Bang For the Buck?

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 19
Views: 35526
Last post June 29, 2020, 08:41:10 AM
by Guest
Revolution Youth Tier II

Started by RevolutionBoard Youth Hockey Info Center

Replies: 0
Views: 9155
Last post March 06, 2019, 12:36:45 PM
by Revolution