Author Topic: What organizations sandbagged the AHF parity tournament?  (Read 10541 times)

Description:

Which organization? What age and competition level?

Be as specific as possible.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #1:
 May 11, 2022, 05:05:50 PM
the real question would be why, there are only nationals at AA so sandbagging at a gold or silver level is meaningless. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #2:
 May 11, 2022, 06:22:07 PM
We sandbagged.  Gonna cleanup this season.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #3:
 May 11, 2022, 07:16:43 PM
the real question would be why, there are only nationals at AA so sandbagging at a gold or silver level is meaningless. 
one reason would be to avoid having 3 teams at AA.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #4:
 May 11, 2022, 09:56:53 PM
one reason would be to avoid having 3 teams at AA.

That’s a good problem to have. But doesn’t the club determine the playing level? 

Also, this must be Team Philly that you are referencing?!?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #5:
 May 12, 2022, 06:22:44 AM

It's funny someone would even make that comment.  Last year at 16 they had 2 teams at AA, 2 at gold, and 1 silver.  They dominated AA, one of them to nationals, the two at Gold dominated and teams thought they should have been playing in AA. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #6:
 May 12, 2022, 06:23:23 AM
From my understanding from our club is that the club determined where you played in the parity. The AHF can move you up, down or leave you where the club put you based on how the team played in the parity.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #7:
 May 12, 2022, 07:08:27 AM

It's funny someone would even make that comment.  Last year at 16 they had 2 teams at AA, 2 at gold, and 1 silver.  They dominated AA, one of them to nationals, the two at Gold dominated and teams thought they should have been playing in AA. 
After talking to parents on our 16 Gold team I watched Team Philadelphia's games on live barn. I could not believe the missed passes and sloppy play from them. I know a bunch of them were on 16 A American last year, some were bantam and some left overs. They were all good teams, something didn't look right.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #8:
 May 12, 2022, 07:17:26 AM
Did the AHF use something like the Krach rating system for playoffs last year?  Sandbagging won't help if your strength of schedule is low.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #9:
 May 12, 2022, 07:20:59 AM
After talking to parents on our 16 Gold team I watched Team Philadelphia's games on live barn. I could not believe the missed passes and sloppy play from them. I know a bunch of them were on 16 A American last year, some were bantam and some left overs. They were all good teams, something didn't look right.

with 3 AA teams at the 16U and no team practices yet, the TP gold and silver are exactly what you'd expect, the 4th and 5th best rosters at the age group from the club yet they'll still dominate the AHF this season.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: