Forum > General Youth Hockey Info

DVHL Declarations a Disaster!

<< < (2/14) > >>

Guest:

--- Quote from: Guest on May 12, 2022, 10:14:49 PM ---DVHL declarations are out.  2 10U AA teams,  3 at 12U AA.  Teams look like they were required to field teams at older ages.  League is a shell of its former self.  Disaster.

--- End quote ---

Yes teams made them but they won't be put on dvhl page for a while it sounds like your kid got put on the Genesis team you didn't want?

Guest:
Everyone knew this was going to happen. They have like 4 clubs left that normally field AA teams. Not sure what else you were expecting?

Guest:
Lancaster left and went full AHF this season.  An email went out to the membership a few days ago.  I think we only have 9 travel teams at the various levels, but it’s another hit for them.  Good luck Dvhl teams.

Guest:

--- Quote from: Guest on May 13, 2022, 12:30:10 PM ---
--- Quote from: Guest on May 13, 2022, 11:01:36 AM ---
--- Quote from: Guest on May 13, 2022, 10:48:11 AM ---Everyone knew this was going to happen. They have like 4 clubs left that normally field AA teams. Not sure what else you were expecting?

--- End quote ---

EJ dope there are more than enough aa teams between both them and dv but keep on reposting the same thing to try and pump up the ahf.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Guest on May 13, 2022, 12:30:10 PM ---
--- Quote from: Guest on May 13, 2022, 11:01:36 AM ---
--- Quote from: Guest on May 13, 2022, 10:48:11 AM ---Everyone knew this was going to happen. They have like 4 clubs left that normally field AA teams. Not sure what else you were expecting?

--- End quote ---

EJ dope there are more than enough aa teams between both them and dv but keep on reposting the same thing to try and pump up the ahf.

--- End quote ---
So who is the dope? Is he the dope or person who made the post he responded to about the DVHL's AA. I'm thinking the actual dope is you.

--- End quote ---
Anybody else remember when the EJ was derided as a garbage add-on that had no value?  Now it's the savior of the DVHL? 

The EJ is 2 or 3 showcases depending on the age group.  8 to 12 games.  Even if they double that it's still only 16-24 games.  If there are only 2 teams in your division in DVHL that gives you 2 more games and then you are stuck scheduling non-leagues if you can get them.  You're thinking to yourself, my kid is 12 and only usually plays about 24 games a year anyway, what's the problem.  Well, now those games will be bunched into a handful of weekends so you will potentially have lots of empty weekends which is either a plus or a minus depending on how you want to look at it.  What I suspect will happen will be that teams will use those empty weekends to play more tournaments.  More tournaments = more money and more travel requiring hotels.  Maybe I'm wrong. We will see.
--- End quote ---

Guest:
You are not wrong. Non league games will be far travel. NJYHL will need non league games too, but most teams in North Jersey. AHF teams have 40-42 league games and 2 tournament which is 48-50 games. The playoffs which are another 3-4 games. AHF will have their full schedules by June 15 and they already know showcase locations and dates. Very few AHF teams will want to play more than 50-54 games. That is why parents of kids good enough for AAA chose AA AHF over AAA!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version