Forum > Youth Hockey Info Center

Dedicated to AAA & Jr. Parents

<< < (10/10)

Guest:
EARLY SPORTS SPECIALIZATION, not playing AAA, leads to burnout. The assumption you’re making is that all young Squirt AAA players do is play hockey. That’s far from the case. My AAA 2012 plays lacrosse in off season and rarely sees the ice at all during Spring and summer. 75% of his teammates do the same thing. Meanwhile we know of lots of kids in the AA program that shares his rink that practice and play year round. What about those kids?? They’re somehow immune from burnout because they play 15 less games during the season?? Everyone keeps saying how puberty is the “great equalizer but last years roster of my nephews  08 FE team is almost exclusively AAA players who played together for years on FE with a few additional AAA players from other teams and one AA player. I could be very wrong if this is a trend not evident at other rinks but I’ve yet to see it. What AAA Bantam team in the tri state area is made up of a majority of kids who played AA or A at Squirt?

Guest:

--- Quote from: Guest on July 12, 2022, 04:46:39 PM ---EARLY SPORTS SPECIALIZATION, not playing AAA, leads to burnout. The assumption you’re making is that all young Squirt AAA players do is play hockey. That’s far from the case. My AAA 2012 plays lacrosse in off season and rarely sees the ice at all during Spring and summer. 75% of his teammates do the same thing. Meanwhile we know of lots of kids in the AA program that shares his rink that practice and play year round. What about those kids?? They’re somehow immune from burnout because they play 15 less games during the season?? Everyone keeps saying how puberty is the “great equalizer but last years roster of my nephews  08 FE team is almost exclusively AAA players who played together for years on FE with a few additional AAA players from other teams and one AA player. I could be very wrong if this is a trend not evident at other rinks but I’ve yet to see it. What AAA Bantam team in the tri state area is made up of a majority of kids who played AA or A at Squirt?

--- End quote ---

AAA teams skate year round. Burnout happens when playing 1 sport 8 months or more each year. That is hockey. Also, over use injuries occur and kids under the age of 14 should only play one sport per season and not multiple sports. Do not tell me your kids hardly see the ice during the summer. What is your definition of hardly- two days per week. AAA and even AA parents are delusional. I will tell you about my kids. Since May 1 until this past weekend, they were on the ice exactly 2 times. That is what is called shutting your kid down. During this time they played lacrosse , swim team and off ice strength. That is it. I have been around this game long enough to know you are FOS! Your AAA coach would not allow your kid to be away more than 2 weeks. They are crazy and so are you!!!!!

Guest:
Blah, blah, blah. You are all idiots. AAA, AA, A, B, who cares? Let the kids be kids and have fun. ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version