Forum > Youth Hockey Info Center

Dedicated to AAA & Jr. Parents

<< < (2/10) > >>

Guest:
in retrospect, it would have been better to have my kid play 2-3 sports when he was 8-13, rather than devoting all time and energy to AAA hockey.  So obviously true it is.  As for parental ego and arrogance, yea it exists, but we are all human, all too human.  Just as human as the people pointing their fingers in jealous criticism.  Just as human as the helicopter parents trying constantly to set the table for their kids, forcing better kids off of a team or on a lower line, etc, etc, etc - you are all despicable and so am I!

Guest:
AGAIN, the hate is real and reeks of jealousy. Why is it that you all assume AAA kids at Sq or PW DONT play other sports and they and their parents are simply consumed with hockey. Its not even close to being true. Most of the kids on my sons AAA Sq Major team play lacrosse in off season and one even made a national select team. And yes, my son played “AAA Mite” not because of the AAA designation but because he was big enough and skilled enough to play full ice Mite in his second year of mites. It was excellent prep for full ice Sq as the coach didn’t have to spend half the season telling kids what is off sides. If you don’t want your kids playing AAA until Bantam, do you. But why hate on those who choose to make a different decision? AAA Squirts aren’t playing 100 games (we played 65 last season) but even if we did, so what? You say your kid is a better player and they’ll prove that at Bantam. Ok. We’ll see. But truthfully, right now, you should just mind your own business and quit the stupid, petty comments.

Guest:
Too funny. AAA kids and parents are NOT playing AAA at Sq or PW because they’re “afraid” of losing a spot to an A or AA kid. Does it happen? Sure. In large enough numbers to be a “threat” to most AAA kids? Nope. And comparing letting kids play AAA hockey to eating too much ice cream is a stupid analogy. Too much sweets is harmful. AAA hockey isn’t harming anyone especially not my kid so…

Guest:

--- Quote from: Guest on June 25, 2022, 10:38:56 PM ---Too funny. AAA kids and parents are NOT playing AAA at Sq or PW because they’re “afraid” of losing a spot to an A or AA kid. Does it happen? Sure. In large enough numbers to be a “threat” to most AAA kids? Nope. And comparing letting kids play AAA hockey to eating too much ice cream is a stupid analogy. Too much sweets is harmful. AAA hockey isn’t harming anyone especially not my kid so…

--- End quote ---

Too much of any sport at suck a young age is harmful. Look at the research. AAA parents are stupid for doing this to their kids. When junior gets cut when he is 14 or 15 and can't understand how players he used to dominated are better than him now, I hope you as the parent will tell him the truth that you failed him. Multiple sports, lower pressure at young ages and well rounded athletes. That is what will get you to the next level. Not AAA year round hockey at 9-12 years of age. WAKE UP!!!!!

Guest:

--- Quote from: Guest on July 05, 2022, 02:55:03 PM ---That is what will get you to the next level. Not AAA year round hockey at 9-12 years of age. WAKE UP!!!!!

--- End quote ---
you're a fool, the only way my mite is getting to the NHL is by being on the ice for 3 hrs a day, 280 days per year.  I don't push him, he makes his own choices and loves it, I have the means to let him do it, it's going to pay off in the end too when he has ncaa d-1 schools fighting over him and he's selected in the first round.  I trust the process.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version