Forum > Youth Hockey Info Center

Dedicated to AAA & Jr. Parents

(1/10) > >>

Guest:
I’m Sorry, But Your 8-Year-Old Kid Isn't Going Pro

Guest:
The level of disgust for us AAA parents borders on this site borders on the absurd. This article completely misses the primary point we play AAA at the Sq Major level… because or son WANTS to and LOVES being out on ice, traveling, hanging with his friends on the team, and the competition. He was good enough to make a AAA Sq Minor team last year, we tried out, and he not only made roster but was an integral part of team. Is he going to play in college or pros? I dunno. And like most AAA parents, we DONT CARE. As long as he’s enjoying the experience, we can afford the $ and time for him to do it, and he continues to get better at it, we’ll continue to let him play at whatever level suits his ability.
Mrs. Davidson in the article doesn’t talk about hockey parents per se, but we shouldn’t pretend that arrogant, entitled, ignorant parents are the sole purview of AAA parents. I’ve watched enough of my nephews AA/A games to know that those parents can behave just as poorly. Let AAA parents worry about their own kids. It doesn’t effect you or your children. It literally has nothing to do with you. Why do you even care what we choose to spend our money and time doing with our kids?

Guest:

--- Quote from: Guest on June 21, 2022, 08:36:26 PM ---...we play AAA at the Sq Major level… we tried out...

--- End quote ---
I'm sorry, who play?  We?  Who tried out, we?
I honestly don't care what you spend your money on.  I think many times people simply point out that AAA hockey at mite, squirt, or PW isn't much different than AA (mite AAA, really?).  Bantam is when the game changes at every level and when the competition at AAA kicks in.  Some all-stars at mite and sq don't like the contact when they hit the older age groups, no big deal.  Many of the AAA kids playing at 14U and older were enjoying their time at AA and you'd be amazed how the rosters turn over at the older ages.  My son didn't start AAA until he was older, most of his teammates are in the same boat, but at 18U I can tell you MOST of them were not playing AAA at mite and squirt.

Guest:

--- Quote from: Guest on June 22, 2022, 10:09:12 AM ---
--- Quote from: Guest on June 21, 2022, 08:36:26 PM ---...we play AAA at the Sq Major level… we tried out...

--- End quote ---
I'm sorry, who play?  We?  Who tried out, we?
I honestly don't care what you spend your money on.  I think many times people simply point out that AAA hockey at mite, squirt, or PW isn't much different than AA (mite AAA, really?).  Bantam is when the game changes at every level and when the competition at AAA kicks in.  Some all-stars at mite and sq don't like the contact when they hit the older age groups, no big deal.  Many of the AAA kids playing at 14U and older were enjoying their time at AA and you'd be amazed how the rosters turn over at the older ages.  My son didn't start AAA until he was older, most of his teammates are in the same boat, but at 18U I can tell you MOST of them were not playing AAA at mite and squirt.

--- End quote ---

What a great comeback to the arrogance of the lower level AAA parent. These people think because their kid is AAA they will be in the NHL. They write that that is not true, but listen these idiots at the rink. Why the hell is any kid younger than 14 or 1 playing in over 100 games a year? Well the AAA parent will tell you my kid loves it so they let them do it. If your kid loves ice cream would you give it to them every meal? No you let you kit do it because you are afraid they will lose the AAA spot and you will fee like a loser at the rink. Wake up and do what is best for your kid, not your ego!

Guest:
AAA Pee Wee, Squirt and especially Mite parents are the worst. They think because their kid is AAA they can rule the rinks. They also walk into away rinks like they own the place. Some rink parents are ok- Little Flyers & Jr. Flyers come to mind. There is one particular Gloucester County NJ rink that is worse the all the North Jersey Rinks combined.  I am sure you know this rink.  Parents & rink culture are the reasons so many families moved to other rinks.

This attitude is the reason AAA hockey below Bantam should be banned by US Hockey. It does nobody any good, inflates parents/kids egos, and does not improve chances these kids will make AAA at Bantam.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version