Forum > General Youth Hockey Info

Exton Kings

<< < (2/4) > >>

Guest:
Exactly what I was thinking.

Guest:
5 and a game. Move on.

Guest:

--- Quote from: Guest on January 07, 2019, 10:03:09 AM ---Wait what? you are clearly condoning it by contradicting your own comment. Kids hit kids with checks all the time either by accident or on purpose in hockey, its a contact sport and there are penalties for it, and they sometimes get missed. There is no place whatsoever for swinging a hockey stick like a baseball bat at anybody, much less an 11 year old's head. Your excuse for this kind of retaliatory action is pathetic. It's probably your kid who did it.

--- End quote ---

Nope - not my kid, not my teams.  Only heard about it because of this site. 

The baseball swing has no place in the sport, should be a match penalty and a suspension.

My point was that the body check/elbow should have been a penalty as well.  Yes it’s a contact sport, but that was not incidental contact.

Guest:
That's horrendous. This is why video must be introduced to be used as a means for handing down disciplinary measures. Almost every rink has live video cameras now. Why is it the police use the video for pressing charges but the league refuses to use it for discipline?

Guest:
Update for those making improper assumptions. This UNFORTUNATE incident was reviewed by the Kings Board with the DVHL Disciplinary Committee. After review, the penalty was changed to a Match Penalty and the player has been suspended for the remainder of the season. Thankfully the other player was not seriously injured.  This is a 12 YO player who made a terrible mistake and very much regrets it.         

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version