Author Topic: DVHL  (Read 12237 times)

Description:

DVHL
Topic: March 30, 2022, 09:05:29 AM
Does the DVHL a even have a plan or structure in place for next year?  Many DVHL orgs are running tryouts and selecting teams.  Doesn’t seem fair to families committing to teams with no idea as to how things will be run in the upcoming season.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #1:
 March 30, 2022, 09:47:42 AM
From what I've heard is it will be pretty much the same with league play with the addition of cross league play with EJ which will be scheduled nonleague games as well as showcases for nonleague games. the big question that I have not got an answer to is how the levels will be made. I heard one universal B and A level, no more American or National and then a AA level. I've questioned this and all I get is we'll have get back to you.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #2:
 March 30, 2022, 04:26:57 PM
I hope they don’t combine National and American divisions.  You’ll end up with some horrible mismatches between high end National teams and low end American teams.  It would encourage teams to play down so they don’t get beat up on and in turn will beat up on others.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #3:
 March 30, 2022, 04:33:05 PM
Agree but there might not be enough teams to further split into National and American.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #4:
 March 30, 2022, 04:43:53 PM
I hope they don’t combine National and American divisions.  You’ll end up with some horrible mismatches between high end National teams and low end American teams.  It would encourage teams to play down so they don’t get beat up on and in turn will beat up on others.

the problem is the number of teams that are left in the league. You only have 14 clubs left, excluding the "lite travel" ones.  Even if all of them field Bantam teams, say 5 want to play AA, 5 want to play A  and 4 play B, there isn't a way to breakdown American and National.

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #5:
 March 31, 2022, 06:53:02 AM
My guess would be that they'd hope clubs would not stack one team but make mixed rosters of high A and low A on the same team for competitive games, also do the same with B. We know that won't happen though.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #6:
 March 31, 2022, 10:18:23 AM

Isn't that what has always happened and part of the reason that everyone was unhappy with the DVHL?  Even when it was the only game in town, there were way too many uncompetitive games
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest18163,Guest12631,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #7:
 March 31, 2022, 10:29:14 AM
Lets not confuse one league for another because they are ALL the same assuming another does anything differently. There are far more youth players with weak skills than there are with higher level skills. Nobody would play if all of the weak skilled players were mixed with higher level and that is what the separation is for. Every league does it the same exact way and they always will don't let anybody tell you otherwise because you will be very disappointed if you move your kids around thinking the grass will be greener on the other side. Its not.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #8:
 March 31, 2022, 11:45:03 AM
Bottom Line is when they started adding all these sub divisions of these levels whether it's called upper or lower, american or national, premier or elite, etc

Years ago there were 3 levels.  Here on the east coast it was AA, A, B.  In mid west they called it AAA, AA, A.  Regardless east coast AA teams played in Nationals against their AAA teams,  Their AA was our A and their A was our B.

So basically there were 3 levels IMO the 3 levels should be referred to as Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 or AAA, AA, A however you slice it (nobody likes the letter B moniker anyway lol), BUT what the levels are called shouldn’t matter. 

The top 25% should be elite level teams and players (AAA), mind you the %’s are approx based on the # of players in the district at that birthyear.

Bottom level (A) should be 25%, and the middle level (AA) should be 50%, which is the avg kid that plays hockey.

Not looking for an argument from anyone, just stating it worked better years ago and tweaking it a little for the modern day would make it work best.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest13909,Guest16311,Guest18778,Guest16244,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #9:
 March 31, 2022, 04:10:45 PM
DV & NJ should join AFH. Best players moving to AHF rinks. The end is near and DV & NJ will be finished in 23-24. Players know that best competition is now in AHF!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest18764,Guest12152,Guest11483,Guest11378,Guest12062,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

pros and cons of DVHL vs EJEPL

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 22
Views: 15213
Last post March 18, 2019, 01:44:21 PM
by Guest
2019 DVHL Applications