Forum > General Youth Hockey Info

Good things going on at PHC

<< < (2/2)

Guest:

--- Quote from: Guest on October 09, 2021, 01:39:36 PM ---
--- Quote from: Guest on October 04, 2021, 02:16:18 PM ---Great to see really good things happening for the Philadelphia Hockey Club teams, 4 teams in the top 25 according to MYHockey Rankings - MYHockey

2012's Ranked 9th
2011's Ranked 8th
2010's Ranked 25th
2009's Ranked 13th

--- End quote ---

This is exactly what's wrong with all of youth hockey. Make the youth hockey rankings private for just the team schedulers and tournament directors. Bring the focus back to great local coaching and player development at all levels. Parent's can stop the comparison game and leave the ego at home.

--- End quote ---

Agreed. MHR has been a great resource all the years I have been managing. The ranking system is far from an exact science, but it can at least give you some sense of how competitive a team is when scheduling non-league games or deciding on what tournament to play. But when it comes to people boasting about the actual ranking, I'm out, especially at the younger ages. I think there was or still is a banner at the Oaks rink for a Minutemen squirt team that says something about #1 ranked team for that given year. I believe it also says that they won their league, which is great and you should put up a banner for that, but to reference an unofficial source for a ranking, give me a break.

Guest:
Game changes when head is on swivel eh

Guest:
Come try out and you'll see the difference.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version