Author Topic: NEWS: Philly Independence 09 AAA  (Read 5497 times)

Description: Introducing Eric Tufman
NEWS: Philly Independence 09 AAA
Topic: March 03, 2019, 04:11:38 PM

The 2009 Philadelphia independence is proud to announce another addition to our staff ....

Director of Player Development - Eric Tufman.

Eric Tufman
After trying many sports, Eric stumbled upon hockey after falling in love with the ice at a public skating event. He started playing for the Wintersport Royals at 10 years old. From there, his passion, and therefore skill, developed quickly and he was playing AAA for the Philadelphia Little Flyers Bantam Major team. After being the leading scorer for his two years of AAA hockey, Eric leaped into the junior ranks. There, he was a three-time Atlantic Junior Hockey League All-Star and the team leading scorer for the Philadelphia Little Flyer’s Junior A team from 2003-2007. He was selected to represent the league in numerous league showcase tournaments, including the prestigious Minnesota Jamboree Showcase in 2006. Following his junior hockey career, Eric made his commitment to the University of Massachusetts-Boston. In his freshman season, he set a record of six Rookie of the Week awards and was selected to the All-Rookie Team. Throughout his career, he was a two-time team MVP, two-time Joe Concannon award finalist, awarded the best American born college hockey player in New England, two time Codfish Bowl and Stovepipe Invitational All-Tournament team, ECAC All-Tournament team, 100 point club, UMASS Boston Athlete of the Year, and received All-American honors his senior season. In addition, Eric was selected to represent his country in 2008 in an international tournament in Israel. With a mixture of college and professional players in the tournament, Eric elevated his game as a top point getter for the gold medal-winning United States. After his college career, Eric received many professional hockey offers but due to injury, he was forced to retire from playing.

To appease his passion, Eric coaches and teaches his skills to aspiring hockey players through his company, 86 Hockey. The vision for his company, which began three years ago, came from his drive to keep the main focus on the individual through a small student to teacher ratio. This view allows his students to receive the attention they need to excel, both mentally and physically, at their own pace. His unique style of training forces the student into uncomfortable scenarios where they learn what it takes to not only be a better hockey player, but how to handle the success, failure, and adversity that life can bring.

We are excited to have Eric oversee the development of the players of the Philadelphia Independence. Welcome Aboard Eric!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #1:
 March 03, 2019, 04:34:18 PM
Eric Tufman is a highly respected and recommended personal, group and team instructor/coach throughout the Delaware Valley. If you're looking for an instructor who listens and and WILL provide results, look no further. He's the best.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #2:
 March 03, 2019, 05:47:22 PM
I don’t understand the concept behind a AAA in-house team. Why don’t these kids just go try out for an already established Tier I team. There’s no such thing as AAA In-house 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #3:
 March 03, 2019, 07:42:35 PM
FYI to the guest who posted the player link, I deleted it.

Please don't post information about the actual players. You can mention the team but at that age please do not identify the children.

Thank you
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #4:
 March 03, 2019, 08:20:47 PM
Yes, I would like to know why a triple AAA in house program makes sense for my son.  He played Squirt A this year and is likely to be Squirt A National or AA depending on his team’s overall level in the upcoming season.  Based on last year he will play at least 70 games and and have at least 80-90 practices.  I want what is best for him developmentally. 

I know some people think the amount of time his team took the ice was a lot.  He enjoys it, it his choice to go and he has never once said it’s too much or he wants a day off.  My wife and I do not care about the large time commitment if that is how he wants to spend the bulk of his free time.

I want to know how a sheltered AAA program that costs nearly twice as much as his current program will benefit him.  I also understand that quantity does not mean quality. 

Why I should I jump to an unknown?  How come it is a program strictly for one age group?  The website and Facebook provide very little insight.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #5:
 March 04, 2019, 02:25:34 PM
Yes, I would like to know why a triple AAA in house program makes sense for my son.  He played Squirt A this year and is likely to be Squirt A National or AA depending on his team’s overall level in the upcoming season.  Based on last year he will play at least 70 games and and have at least 80-90 practices.  I want what is best for him developmentally. 

I know some people think the amount of time his team took the ice was a lot.  He enjoys it, it his choice to go and he has never once said it’s too much or he wants a day off.  My wife and I do not care about the large time commitment if that is how he wants to spend the bulk of his free time.

I want to know how a sheltered AAA program that costs nearly twice as much as his current program will benefit him.  I also understand that quantity does not mean quality. 

Why I should I jump to an unknown?  How come it is a program strictly for one age group?  The website and Facebook provide very little insight.

Has to be an ice dog parent. Rick, is that you?!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #6:
 March 05, 2019, 07:01:18 PM
AAA hockey is typically birth year only so that’s why. Also it’s not an in-house program? 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #7:
 March 05, 2019, 08:03:47 PM
That doesn't sound like in house but more like independent like Team Philly in Ice Line.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #8:
 March 05, 2019, 08:31:04 PM
That doesn't sound like in house but more like independent like Team Philly in Ice Line.
Team Philly played in EJEPL and will become a member of the DVHL (someday).  Don’t think it will happen this year, and some families may return to the Quakers now that their rink issue has been put to bed.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Quakers Hockey News

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 4
Views: 7021
Last post June 14, 2018, 05:18:24 PM
by Guest
Sad News - Local Youth Hockey Player Dies in Tragic Skiing Accident